Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am an engineer

I am just saying it is mathematically and physically possible, for a phone with a booster, on high ground, in a pickup truck, on a proper weather day to transmit a single ping, out of millions it is sending, to a single tower pointed in the right general direction.

It is a lot like we send low wattage radio signals to satellites in orbit.
Interesting, but is it plausible that PF would know this and be able to employ that knowledge. Or do you think he has an accomplice who is more technically savvy?

Did you see the interviews with her mom, cousin, Dad’s friend, pastor, brother in law, neighbor etc.?

Did see the interview with the mother. Brother-in-law is very active so I think I saw two? Pastor - yes. The neighbor in the dark - yes.
No cousin and no Dad's friend.

There is some other relative, a man (an uncle? I would assume,on mom's side, the same facial structure? Older guy, different last name). Don't remember who he was but liked him.

I would love to see the dad and the brother. Just to look at them. Brother is probably busy in CO, though.

Even more so, would love to see interviews with Kelsey's favorite teacher, school friends, best friend. I got the impression that Kelsey is a very nice person but I don't know more.

That’s the question. My thinking is yes, as I think it’s likely they coincide with that ping.

A very good question

People keep asking this.

It is possible the two texts originated outside a coffee shop in the Woodlands.

The iPhone let's you send texts over wifi, to save cell phone charges.

Those texts become nothing more
Than an ethernet transaction, that is usually only traceable back to the provider.

If the ping could have been sent from Colorado and the texts via wifi, then the whole "how did he get to Idaho" is not an alibi for him.

I kept wondering how only a SINGLE ping would have been received from a cell phone in Idaho. Even a supersonic jet with the cell phone would have had more hits.

Who could he be protecting?
I don't think question #3 I posed (that he's protecting someone else) is likely. But...I can think of two VERY UNLIKELY possibilities where that could unfold and I bet others could think of more...

1. If Kelsey was considering moving out of state or reporting PF for some sort of violence toward her, due to relationship problems, someone else who loved the baby/him could have overreacted and accidentally or intentionally injured or killed her.

2. An accident could have occurred. For example, if people are angry and someone goes to pull away from the house in a fury and hits her with a car...or goes to take the baby from her and knocks her down the stairs.

AGAIN, I don't think this is likely. Just occurred to me bc I was asking myself why (other than his firsthand guilt) might he not plead with people to help find her (almost like he's conceding she's dead) and why might he not give statements to the police? And it just popped in my head, as a very unlikely possibility, that if a loved one or lifelong friend was responsible (particularly if it was an accident in the heat of the moment), that he might be trying to neither lead or mislead LE...so they could not come back and say "You lied to the public and asked them to search for her when you knew something had happened to her..."

Just silly theorizing probably.

FYI, here's how I answer my first two questions.
1. I think it was more likely heat of the moment. Might've meant to scare her, but ended up killing her.
2. I think it's more likely it was not witnessed either. But it did give me pause to see those two guys who were willing to go to the dump with him and be the ones who took care of everything while he sat in the car. That's for sure loyalty under the circumstances. Just saying.

I have to agree totally. Its one thing for people to speculate about PF and voice their opinions. But its a totally different thing to advocate for actual action against him or his business, against a man who has not even been charged. Especially since we don't know any of these people ourselves and only hear bits and pieces of information that we can't verify. Trying to affirmatively pressure PF or damage his business is dangerous and wrong and quite likely in my opinion to backfire. Lets let the police handle this.

It will backfire for sure. Who said that a person whose business is ruined but who already has a lawyer will rush to talk to the LE? I foresee a totally different reaction.

What gave me pause is that somehow her family heard they had broken up, and we've assumed that was his excuse for not reporting her missing. If indeed he told the family when they called him that they had broken things off, to now deny that is a huge obstacle for him to overcome.
And KB had told her mother earlier that they were going to PF's home for dinner.

LE have a close eye on PF so if he’s guilty (statistically likely) hopefully they have the needed evidence or will have it sooner than later ... and until we get more details it’s , in my mind, hard to take PF from probable suspect to definite suspect.

That said my mind keeps going to a far fetched place, that I haven’t seen here yet (though I admit my life and work have gotten in the way of reading every post in 10 threads so I may have missed) ... MOO all that follows.

So in far fetched land, .1% chance, does anyone else think it’s possible KB was taken for her flying ability AND ability to teach others to fly? (Like by a drug cartel from another country )

It would go with the theory I have seen here that ,if PF wasn’t involved, yes a big IF, another person may have come to KBs house and told her ‘there’s been an accident (PF , Baby K, etc) I’ve been sent to drive you to hospital “

Then the reason the texts were sent to her work and PF 11/25 was anyone who was observing her based on her job would only know her work connections and most likely made observations on her relationship with PF. They wouldn’t care about buying time with her family (which they would have figured out were out of state). And their reasons for buying a week with PF and Doss would be to get her out of the country. We don’t know what PFs text said or how detailed it was.

Doss Aviation website makes it darn clear they are military related and teach flying skills so easy to find in internet searches.

This far fetched theory could also include that PF has been contacted and Baby K threatened and thus why he refuses to speak etc (yes I know even more far fetched)

All very MOO but as others have said there have been past cases with very far fetched endings. (And in this case the 90% likely perp is being watched very closely ) Also KB does have a unique skill set that not many smallish women who would be easy over power and carry have. JMO

She would be an amazing tool in some evil hands. And since 2001, "never say never". The chance is slimmer than it being someone she knows. But not impossible.

A very good question

People keep asking this.

It is possible the two texts originated outside a coffee shop in the Woodlands.

The iPhone let's you send texts over wifi, to save cell phone charges.

Those texts become nothing more
Than an ethernet transaction, that is usually only traceable back to the provider.

If the ping could have been sent from Colorado and the texts via wifi, then the whole "how did he get to Idaho" is not an alibi for him.

I kept wondering how only a SINGLE ping would have been received from a cell phone in Idaho. Even a supersonic jet with the cell phone would have had more hits.
There’s not a lot of clarity here.

We know about a last ping, but we don’t know about any preceding pings.

My thinking all along is that final ping was made after the phone was turned back on.

I think it was dark for a three day period, before two final texts were sent, and that tower hit.

We could go in circles with this, as the few details we know regarding her cell phone activity, might not be the reality of the situation.

We just don’t have enough to go on.

Pregnancy tests are available OTC, they are usually just in the aisle, as are condoms. Plan B is only available from the pharmacy, but is available without a prescription if you are over 17. (I worked in the pharmacy at CVS throughout high school and college.)

My grocery store in Colorado has Plan B on the shelf next to condoms, etc. You only need the store clerk to unlock the theft proof box it comes in. MOO

There’s not a lot of clarity here.

We know about a last ping, but we don’t know about any preceding pings.

My thinking all along is that final ping was made after the phone was turned back on.

I think it was dark for a three day period, before two final texts were sent, and that tower hit.

We could go in circles with this, as the few details we know regarding her cell phone activity, might not be the reality of the situation.

We just don’t have enough to go on.
One thing's for sure, LE would've been scratching their heads about that ping.

What gave me pause is that somehow her family heard they had broken up, and we've assumed that was his excuse for not reporting her missing. If indeed he told the family when they called him that they had broken things off, to now deny that is a huge obstacle for him to overcome.

Yes, I agree. It makes him seem inconsistent and like a liar. But if the source of the "break up" was the text message then he can claim he really thought she sent it and that's why he told her family that (if he did tell them that at first). He might say he was angry at her text and assumed she ran off leaving him with the baby. Then he can claim that as time went on and she stayed missing he is not so sure anymore she sent it. He wants to distance himself from that info and that text message. It still makes him look bad he has remained silent and not plead for her return but he can claim he had no part in the "break up" rumors. It's all about painting him as an innocent party. That's what his lawyer wants. JMO.

Interesting, but is it plausible that PF would know this and be able to employ that knowledge. Or do you think he has an accomplice who is more technically savvy?

No

In my opinion, PF does not know this stuff, nor does he (IMO) have the engineering background or social circle where it would have been discussed.

At 5:12 PM, on that one day he turned the phone on, probably for the last time to see if her work had replied or what her mom had sent.

He did not know one ping would escape to a tower in Idaho.

He likely had to use the phone in wifi mode to send the texts and knew enough to do that to avoid detection.

He had no clue about Idaho

This may be why LE mounted no search effort in Idaho at all

Last edited:

I believe LE knows where PF was on the 25th. Or they know the absence of his existence, his existence which is revealed every day through his phone at the very least.

If they have no electronic signature from PF on the 25th, they will be virtually certain he was in Idaho.

If they know his whereabouts in Colorado on the 25th, they will be virtually certain he has an accomplice. You can bet that his family and friends have been accounted for. Virtually no adult goes through a day without giving out information on location.

You multiple enough virtuallys with other virtuallys, you get certainty.

Sorry I just made up a word.

I have seen some people bringing up different cases as being similar to Kelsey’s case. IMO one case I see similarities with is Hania Aguilar’s case, and only in the aspect of the investigation. In Hania’s case it seems a singular goal of finding Hania was aligned with naming a suspect, though they had a POI early on but not named.

Also it seems in that case, info about POI that was later deemed to be true was either suppressed or rebuked on social media and not in the news until she was located- like the photo and info about the eventual suspect. Just thoughts

Good research

Compliments

When in a rural occupation like emt or farrier, they are often out of range of cell phone towers.

To rectify, they purchase these extenders.

The extender is little more than a power boost. But, a big power boost.

Some will boost the outbound signal as much as 32X.

IF and only IF, KBs phone was turned on in a truck, equipped with an extender, on high ground, with the right weather AND a cell tower pointed in the right direction

Then a single ping could be received in Idaho.

Mathematically, it is highly unlikely that the phone could send a stream of pings at that range.

But, since a phone is sending a stream of pings, it is possible that one could be heard on a tower 600 miles away.

You could not have a conversation at 600 miles, but it is very possible one ping could travel that far.

Is PF a farrier, with a pickup truck and an extender? I do not know.

We need to put this question to LE.

I would not discount that mothers of sons can be v jealous.

But my main theory is:

• PF was annoyed that KB seemed to be pulling away from him (vis-a-vis her ‘Insta’ quote on relationships, and perhaps she had other plans for Thanksgiving, ‘I’m going out with a friend, can you look after K’)
  • He’s waiting for her at her house and she’s late for their rendezvous (still in Safeway)
  • He lets himself in with his key
  • He sees fresh-baked rolls and thinks she may have baked them for her new ‘friend’
  • Maybe he does find a test kit in the bathroom bin
  • He eats a couple of the rolls
  • By the time she arrives home, to hand over the baby and get ready for her date, he can’t contain his rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member