CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #12 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/annetrujillo7/status/1075951389451272192
#Breaking
tonight: Investigators are at the home of #KelseyBerreth right now, she's the woman from #WoodlandPark missing since Thanksgiving. Follow @DenverChannel and @DoughertyKMGH for updates and watch Denver7 10pm.

Du6LzA6W4AAwv7N.jpg

Du6L1sPWsAAW1Rn.jpg

LINK TO DENVER7 LIVE STREAM for those who are not local:
Denver7 News at 6

But I don't think he will get to make the final decision, IF he is charged and convicted of her murder. The courts do not usually want a young child to be raised in the family home of the parent who murdered the other parent. That is too 'crazy making' for the child to deal with as they grow up.

Usually we see the child being permanently placed with the family of the victim. JMO
Yes, imagine if CW had left one child alive and insisted on the Watts family raising it!

Me too. The dogs would have alerted to that on day 1 of the investigation. Maybe they did, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be announced as a homicide investigation at that point
There have been cases where the dogs have gone right by the victims and never even so much as glanced in the direction of their body. Blaze Bernstein comes to mind- and they had several dogs look for him in the park, along with many volunteers and police, etc. All walked right by. A video from behind the school showed a flashlight on a cell phone shining on an area for a few minutes, with the perp walking back and forth, and the police went there and found him. So, dogs are NOT full proof, just a tool to help in investigations.

There have been cases where the dogs have gone right by the victims and never even so much as glanced in the direction of their body. Blaze Bernstein comes to mind- and they had several dogs look for him in the park, along with many volunteers and police, etc. All walked right by. A video from behind the school showed a flashlight on a cell phone shining on an area for a few minutes, with the perp walking back and forth, and the police went there and found him. So, dogs are NOT full proof, just a tool to help in investigations.

I'd think in a small condo though, it would be pretty easy for the dogs, especially if no air was circulating for 10 days. Outside would be a bit different

agree... you would think after the Watts horrific Colorado murders all neighbors would be on watch. Or, maybe, we are becoming desensitized.

Me too. The dogs would have alerted to that on day 1 of the investigation. Maybe they did, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be announced as a homicide investigation at that point
but... if she was only left there for a few hours would that allow enough time for an odor to be picked up by cadaver dogs?

I've looked for answers to this on the internets but only found studies based on depths of bodies (dead for days and many months) buried.

Would love to hear from anyone who knows!

MOO

but... if she was only left there for a few hours would that allow enough time for an odor to be picked up by cadaver dogs?

I've looked for answers to this on the internets but only found studies based on depths of bodies (dead for days and many months) buried.

Would love to hear from anyone who knows!

MOO

The dogs in the Watts case were able to sense possible spots of stress/emotional turmoil (as in, where the murder may have happened, where the stressor occured, etc). Pretty fascinating.

Oh! In CO or federally?

Feds. POTUS not signing budget as presented/reported today. Congress has til Friday to come up with another. Could be extended beyond that, short-term or continuing resolution still an option.

ETA: It should not impact state gov/police, etc. in anyway and I can't imagine FBI would be considered non-essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996