CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #12 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering about a scenario where PF commited a serious crime on the afternoon of thanksgiving and went back at night to remove evidence/body. LE could have found night time video of his truck (or the truck of an acquaintance). Might explain a new crime scene analysis when they initially thought it wasn’t a crime scene.

I have thought all along it was at her home that something happened, an argument turned violent. But hesitated as I struggle to see how one would (dare) remove a body from that little house, unseen.
Unfortunately, there are ways someone might avoid raising suspicion. For example, Ingrid Lynne was choked to death in her Seattle home during an argument with a guy she'd been casually dating. After he killed her in a fit of rage, he dismembered her body in the bathtub with a garden saw he found in her backyard, put her body parts in a number of garbage bags, and then randomly dumped the bags in residential trash cans lining the street. LE figured it out after they found traces of blood in her bathtub, pulled out the tub drain and pipes, and found parts of her flesh down there (sorry to be so graphic).

Interesting that they called in the fire department to use their ladders.

Blood splatter on the ceiling maybe?

Federal, state, and local investigators are back at the Woodland Park Colorado home of missing mom and pilot #KelseyBerreth tonight, taking out evidence bags, calling in the fire department to borrow their ladders. We’ll have the latest on @gma.

Clayton Sandell on Twitter

Ladders? Hmm. What does that bring to mind? Possibly an attic that isn't easily accessible?

Federal, state, and local investigators are back at the Woodland Park Colorado home of missing mom and pilot #KelseyBerreth tonight, taking out evidence bags, calling in the fire department to borrow their ladders. We’ll have the latest on @gma.

Pinhole cameras found in the ceiling? Or if the ceiling is a one of those hung ceilings, videos, pics etc are often hidden up there.

I’m wondering about a scenario where PF commited a serious crime on the afternoon of thanksgiving and went back at night to remove evidence/body. LE could have found night time video of his truck (or the truck of an acquaintance). Might explain a new crime scene analysis when they initially thought it wasn’t a crime scene.
In the McStay murders, the killer returned to the house to paint over blood splatter evidence.

Something like that could have occurred in the days following Thanksgiving.

Or simply a cleanup on his part.

His truck was seen at her house all the time, so no one would have paid much attention to it.

It was also a holiday weekend, and everyone is either out of town or has their heads in the clouds.

That’s a lot of spatter if that’s the case, that makes me think it was very violent, praying no.

Feds. POTUS not signing budget as presented/reported today. Congress has til Friday to come up with another. Could be extended beyond that, short-term or continuing resolution still an option.

ETA: It should not impact state gov/police, etc. in anyway and I can't imagine FBI would be considered non-essential.

I checked, FBI agents will work unpaid for sure. They then get retroactive pay once the government budget is passed

For those of you saying that the focus on KB’s house may mean this is about a third party—another perp, what leads you to lean that way?

Its staring everyone right in the face, not a third party. Search warrant PF's property. F-up search warrant PF's property. Truck Taken. Dump trip and evidence collected. KB's house searched again. Then follow up search. Now being processed with the FBI crime vehicle. You can look elsewhere but....

Horrors!

I need to go review pic of her home and look at the chimney. Blurrgghhh.

Or might they just need the height in order to target spotlights into otherwise hard to see areas?

Probably already answered in the time that it’s taken me to type this on my phone.

but... if she was only left there for a few hours would that allow enough time for an odor to be picked up by cadaver dogs?

I've looked for answers to this on the internets but only found studies based on depths of bodies (dead for days and many months) buried.

Would love to hear from anyone who knows!

MOO

Dogs hit on Casey Anthony trunk weeks later. IIRC it was close to a month after Caylee went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FridayCrimeClub