CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #12 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A look at what public services will – and won’t – be interrupted if there is a government shutdown going into holidays
Quote: "Civil litigation, payments to victims and training for state and local law enforcement would stop during a shutdown."

The shutdown, if it happens, shouldn't stop any work on this or any other serious criminal investigations. BBM:

"Independent agencies, including NASA, the Food and Drug Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency, will also be closed. The FDA "does routine, unannounced inspections," Food Safety News wrote in January. "During these partial government shutdowns, FDA likely ceases routine checks while using its 'essential' personnel on problems that arise."

But within those agencies, some 420,000 employees are "excepted," in government parlance, from furloughs; that is, they are considered essential and will be on the job, but they won't be getting paychecks.

They include law enforcement officers at the:

• FBI"
(snip)

Link: Here's What Would Happen If The Government Shuts Down This Week

Clayton sandell
Twitter
·
1m

Federal, state, and local investigators are back at the Woodland Park Colorado home of missing mom and pilot #KelseyBerreth tonight, taking out evidence bags, calling in the fire department to borrow their ladders. We’ll have the latest on
@gma
Oh lord, fire department ladders? Ugh, is she in there inbetween a wall, like that elderly lady that was missing for 2 years that they found last year in her old house?

I don't like that one bit.

For some reason, I never thought that her house was a crime scene, as I assumed she left there
I now think it’s quite likely that something violent occurred there.
I figured they searched it good already, to know they didn't need to do anymore.
But they did tape it off right? So that they could come back and check further.

Let's think of the timeline with the new info of them searching her house right now. He had two days to take care of the evidence and drive to Idaho for the texts at 5:30 or did he leave her there and come back to take care of her? I don't see him doing that. Risky.

Who knows, and we may never find out. I would think you wouldn't leave her there. I would think someone who has committed a crime like that, all they can think about is how to dispose of the main evidence and they focus on that first. Then after that they start to create a story, buy time etc. which may explain why the texts came in later. Nov 25 is Sun- it is pretty easy to guess if KB didn't show up to work monday then questions would start being seriously asked right away- so he knew he had to find a way to get notification to DOSS by sunday night or monday morning at the latest. JMO

The shutdown, if it happens, shouldn't stop any work on this or any other serious criminal investigations. BBM:

"Independent agencies, including NASA, the Food and Drug Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency, will also be closed. The FDA "does routine, unannounced inspections," Food Safety News wrote in January. "During these partial government shutdowns, FDA likely ceases routine checks while using its 'essential' personnel on problems that arise."

But within those agencies, some 420,000 employees are "excepted," in government parlance, from furloughs; that is, they are considered essential and will be on the job, but they won't be getting paychecks.

They include law enforcement officers at the:

• FBI"
(snip)

Link: Here's What Would Happen If The Government Shuts Down This Week
Good, thanks for the info!

Clayton Sandell on Twitter

Federal, state, and local investigators are back at the Woodland Park Colorado home of missing mom and pilot #KelseyBerreth tonight, taking out evidence bags, calling in the fire department to borrow their ladders. We’ll have the latest on @gma. Clayton Sandell on Twitter

When I was unavailable as attending a funeral, my elderly Mum, didn't press her daily care button.
Carers arrived, they called the Police, Police called the Fire Trucks.
It appears, Police requires the Fire Trucks, and their equipment, for access.
No ladders required, just tools etc.
Similarly here, perhaps besides ladders, Firemen have experience and further tools which may be required.
MOO.

So new sleuther question, so forgive me if it sounds silly, but do they need a body before ruling this more than a missing person’s case?

Its staring everyone right in the face, not a third party. Search warrant PF's property. F-up search warrant PF's property. Truck Taken. Dump trip and evidence collected. KB's house searched again. Then follow up search. Now being processed with the FBI crime vehicle. You can look elsewhere but....

You have to have an open mind to what is presented. You can be certain as you are but I’d guess the best sleuthers have been burnt in the past. I’m awkwardly awaiting my first f’up as I’m new. Most here are looking everywhere but keep coming back to the same place. I’m at the sane place.

Does anybody happen to know why she moved from one condo to another in the same complex last May? I read that somewhere.

I believe she was renting one, and then the one she's in now was put up for sale so she decided to buy instead of continuing to rent. I'll look for link, I can't remember where I saw that.

For those of you saying that the focus on KB’s house may mean this is about a third party—another perp, what leads you to lean that way?

I’d hope by now that any obvious evidence would have been found. Blood, major disturbances...and it would be expected that “small” evidence, like DNA/fingerprints of PF, would be in the home because they were either dating/ have dated, and are co-parenting. So, I am personally wondering if they are looking for “small” evidence of someone who wouldn’t otherwise be known or belong at her house.

Oh lord, fire department ladders? Ugh, is she in there inbetween a wall, like that elderly lady that was missing for 2 years that they found last year in her old house?

I don't like that one bit.

And a man was recently found in a wall at a bazaar marketplace too. That’s where my mind is wandering to at the moment. I wonder if there is wall access from the attic

So new sleuther question, so forgive me if it sounds silly, but do they need a body before ruling this more than a missing person’s case?
Nope. They don’t even need a body in some murder cases.

They just need solid evidence that she is no longer alive.

A large amount of blood, an amount greater than someone could survive losing, could be good enough for instance.

But did the installer of potential pins need a ladder truck to install? Cd they not just cut the ceiling from below with a tall stepladder? I dunno, just seems incongruous.

I made an assumption they weren't asking for ladder trucks from the fire dept, just ladders. Shouldn't have assumed. Can't think of any reason they would need a ladder truck the roof isn't that tall. zillow says it is a gas fireplace. unless the drywall on the ceiling feels wet or damp and they are going in through the roof to make sure they don't damage evidence but that seems like I am being really imaginative TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member