CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #13 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe hoping to get a scoop/interview with the lawyer? It wasn't very professional though for the reporter to say that during the live feed. JMO.

I suspect he thought he muted his mic. He was in the middle of an official broadcasting kind of voice when his phone rang the first time and he answered with a curt "what?"....I don't think he was intentionally sharing audio after that.

I posted the arrest would come Friday afternoon, because Fridays are so popular for law enforcement because it keeps them in jail over the weekend before the arraignment, and it keeps the new cycle going the entire weekend. I thought the afternoon, not the morning!

That's right!! Oh my gosh I don't know how you remember something like that. Or know it.

LOL! He definitely doesn't look sad/upset/angry to me. He has an odd look of "happy" IMO
Looked like deer in the headlights to me. But to your point, he had to be under extreme anxiety for the past month waiting for the other shoe to drop. So an arrest can be kind of stress-relieving to the criminal in a “well, at least it’s over now” kind of way. <modsnipped unnecessary comment>

Homicide cases very rare in Woodland Park and Teller County

Patrick-Frazee-mugshot.jpg

WOODLAND PARK – The arrest of Patrick Frazee in Woodland Park on a charge of first-degree murder is an unusual event for the area. With a population of a little more than 25,000, the county is home to people looking for a quieter pace of life and easy access to the great outdoors.

Data obtained by News5 shows the Teller County Sheriff’s Office has investigated just three homicides since 2008, which includes two cases in 2013 and one case in 2011.

None of the other law enforcement agencies in the county, including Woodland Park, have investigated a homicide case in more than 10 years. Just next door in Fremont County the Sheriff’s Office has a caseload of 5 unsolved homicides in 2018.

In stark contrast to the quieter nature of Teller County, there’s the much larger El Paso County to the east. Detectives have seen 9 homicides in unincorporated parts of El Paso County this year. And in the last 10 years, a total of 61 cases.

That’s not including cases under the jurisdiction of the Colorado Springs Police, where 36 homicides occurred just in 2018 so far.

I looked up the difference between first and second degree murder, for my own curiosity. Sharing for others who might be interested....

• First-degree murder: any intentional murder that is willful and premeditated with malice aforethought. Felony murder, a charge that may be filed against a defendant who is involved in a dangerous crime where a death results from the crime,[71] is typically first-degree.[72]
  • Second-degree murder: any intentional murder with malice aforethought, but is not premeditated or planned in advance. [73]
  • Voluntary manslaughter: sometimes called a crime of passion murder, is any intentional killing that involves no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed". Both this and second-degree murder are committed on the spot under a spur-of-the-moment choice, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second-degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.[74]
Murder (United States law) - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member