CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #15 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless there’s good solid evidence linking him to the murder and his attorneys advise him to take a plea perhaps if DP off the table.
If he refuses to plea, I hope he gets the death penalty. Not that he'd ever actually be executed in Colorado, but because he'd have more restrictions placed on him in prison. He won't be so smug when he's locked in a tiny little cell without the opportunity to interact with anyone.

Wow just had a crazy thought...

Talking about all the other unfound victims out there and how I hope this doesn’t turn out to be the case, I had mentioned Kelsie Schelling off the top of my head...Colorado Springs is not that far from WP, assuming Kelsey was not taken out of state. It would be great if while searching for Kelsey, they found, wait a minute, Kelsie.

I had some conversations about this with our late Great Foxfire (finding someone else on a specific search)...I think we talked about this in Heather Elvis’ case, when iirc another person’s remains were found in the area where they were searching for Heather and I was like “woah what a coincidence” and Foxy said how this had happened before and perhaps is not that uncommon/unexpected.

Also, Kara Nichols has ties to CO Springs iirc, she also has not been found.

ETA: omg I was just looking for a link for reference and found she now has a new age progression photo!

MISSING: New age progression photo of Kara Nichols released

Sorry for o/t, bringing this over to her thread.)

Last edited:
Wow just had a crazy thought...

Talking about all the other unfound victims out there and how I hope this doesn’t turn out to be the case, I mentioned Kelsie Schelling.

Colorado Springs is not that far front WP, assuming Kelsey was not taken out of state. It would be great if while searching for Kelsey, they found , wait a minute, Kelsie.

I had some conversations about this with our late Great Foxfire (continued).

I think we talked about this in Heather Elvis’ case, when iirc another case was solved/person found in the area they were searching for Heather and I was like woah what a coincidence and Foxy said how this had happened before...

Ironically, there's a woman who went missing in 1994 from Colorado Springs and has never been found, and her name is Gloria Berreth. I was trying to see if KB was listed in Namus so I searched by her last name and that woman came up. Not related, but a heck of coincidence.

Ironically, there's a woman who went missing in 1994 from Colorado Springs and has never been found, and her name is Gloria Berreth. I was trying to see if KB was listed in Namus so I searched by her last name and that woman came up. Not related, but a heck of coincidence.

(Wow! Looking to see if she has a thread here)

ETA:

CO - CO - Gloria Berreth, 38, Colorado Springs, 4 Oct 1994

(I bumped her thread. I’ll go ahead and bump Kelsie Schelling’s too. I updated Kara Nichol’s Thread with the new age progression photo as well. Will bump Rita Gutierrez’ thread as well. I sincerely hope Kelsey will not be added to the list of unrecovered ladies in Colorado.)

Last edited:
(Wow! Looking to see if she has a thread here)

ETA:

CO - CO - Gloria Berreth, 38, Colorado Springs, 4 Oct 1994

(I bumped her thread. I’ll go ahead and bump Kelsie Schelling’s too. I updated Kara Nichol’s Thread with the new age progression photo as well. Will bump Rita Gutierrez’ thread as well.)

Good idea...maybe we can generate some interest in Colorado cold cases after Watts and now PF. It's bad enough that they're missing, but I can't imagine how much harder it is on a family when they never any sort of closure.

Good idea...maybe we can generate some interest in Colorado cold cases after Watts and now PF. It's bad enough that they're missing, but I can't imagine how much harder it is on a family when they never any sort of closure.

(Here was a great team effort with @Gardener1850 and others. This is a WS thread and we were able to get threads created for all of these people. Thanks for reminding me of this, noting to follow up here too:

These 50 people disappeared in Colorado this year

—-

Back to Kelsey, latest links/status:

Police in Idaho investigating Kelsey Berreth’s death

“TWIN FALLS, Idaho — Authorities in Idaho said they worked with Colorado and federal agencies to serve several search warrants related to the disappearance of Kelsey Berreth, the central Colorado mother who is now presumed dead.“

—-

Idaho police find possible evidence in Kelsey Berreth case

“Berreth’s fiancé, Patrick Frazee, was arrested Friday morning at his home in Teller County. He is being held on suspicion of first-degree murder and a solicitation of first-degree murder. The solicitation charge could indicate the possibility of others’ involvement in Berreth’s disappearance.“

Last edited:
Can somebody please be kind enough to summarize if past searches have taken place (other than on PFs property and when, tia.

Sigh, I just remembered Lea Porter’s case, not sure if you guys mentioned that or not...

Iirc, after LE ascertained that Lea’s remains had made it to the CO landfill, they made the suspect go out there too with all the LE officers to dig through the piles of trash...

( Reference link:

Killer is in prison, but body of Fremont County teen has never been found

“Waide told Westminster police he put Porter’s body in a dumpster at his apartment complex. Despite an extensive 45-day search of the Commerce City landfill, during which authorities found her clothes and cell phone, Porter’s body was never recovered.“ )

—-

(ETA: Then there was a horse trainer lady iirc who went missing too from here, not Paige, her name escapes me, has she been found I wonder.)

Last edited:
That was Sam’s interpretation of what the solicitation charge meant. But I think it’s telling that the DA stressed that the solicitation doesn’t have to involve final completion of the act. Just firm steps toward it. So it very well could be someone started helping him in the planning stages but then backed out, leaving PF to do the job on his own.

Yes it's similar to the stings online for enticing a minor. If you meet the "hitman" that is enough for charges even if nobody is killed.

you wonder how/why the brother and mom didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when they went to her house during/after the welfare check if she had been murdered there. did the murderer clean up well enough that forensics would be needed to identify that violence occurred?

sbm

McStay family.

View attachment 161319 View attachment 161320 I think PF has a striking resemblance to Ted Bundy

I think Ted Bundy is far better looking. PF never could have gotten away with what Ted did. He's not good looking or charismatic enough at all.

Rsbm

McStay family.

Watts family.

No intial signs of foul play.

(Reference:
Timeline: Key dates in investigation of deaths of Shanann Watts, 2 daughters in Colorado

“1:40 p.m. — Frederick police officers are called to the Watts' home to check on Shanann Watts after the friend who dropped her off said she didn't answer phone calls or text messages and missed a 10 a.m. doctor appointment. Officers call Christopher Watts to the home and gain access with his consent. Police question Christopher Watts after finding Shanann Watts' personal belongings at the house, but no signs of foul play.“)

Last edited:
Understood. Even though executions are rarely carried out, the fact that the threat of the proverbial sword is dangling over the prisoner's head every moment of every day for the rest of his life still makes the DP sentence a more potent punishment than LWOP, IMO.

I think death row is a major issue. So the possibility of being sentenced and having to live in those conditions is daunting to some, perhaps.

Has this possibility been discussed yet....

Is it possible that LE firmly states they know Kelsey was murdered because someone took a photo/video and LE has seen it? Perhaps the background in the image is Kelsey's home and that's why they know the murder happened there....but the body was taken to an unknown location.

Tossing that out there. Possible?

jmo

The neighbor’s cam showing CW loading his truck comes to mind...

So maybe they did find the phone?

Idaho police find possible evidence in Kelsey Berreth case

Kelsey Berreth case: Idaho police find possible evidence linked to missing mom investigation

TWIN FALLS, Idaho – Police in Twin Falls, Idaho have been working with Colorado and federal authorities in their investigation into the disappearance of Woodland Park mom Kelsey Berreth, Twin Falls police said in a statement.

“Detectives from the Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office and Twin Falls Police Department worked with the Colorado Bureau of Investigations (CBI) and the FBI to prepare and serve several search warrants as well as processing some items of evidence with the assistance of Twin Falls County and Twin Falls City Evidence Technicians,” the statement read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties