CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
December 26, 2018

"Frazee’s attorneys had reportedly filed a motion to limit pretrial publicity following Frazee’s arrest on Friday, asking the judge to put strict limits on pre-trial statements. In the motion denial, the judge stipulated that prosecutors must follow Colorado ethics laws and avoid statements that “arouse public condemnation,” while allowing prosecutors to release details that are “necessary to inform the public of the nature and extent of the prosecutor’s action and that serve a legitimate law enforcement purpose,” according to court documents obtained by the Gazette."

Judge rejects ‘gag order’ in murder investigation of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth

Whatever!

YES!!!! WOW!!! The minute I read Cripple Creek I heard sirens going off. And what if he used those donkeys for transportation?

Website for Cripple Creek and Two Mile High Club.
Two Mile High Club | Cripple Creek Today

There was just an article posted where the president of the Two Mile High Club in Cripple Creek stated that PF had been the farrier for a herd of donkeys there for the last 6-7 years. How wild is that!!!

Isn't there a picture somewhere of KB with a donkey?

December 26, 2018

"Frazee’s attorneys had reportedly filed a motion to limit pretrial publicity following Frazee’s arrest on Friday, asking the judge to put strict limits on pre-trial statements. In the motion denial, the judge stipulated that prosecutors must follow Colorado ethics laws and avoid statements that “arouse public condemnation,” while allowing prosecutors to release details that are “necessary to inform the public of the nature and extent of the prosecutor’s action and that serve a legitimate law enforcement purpose,” according to court documents obtained by the Gazette."

Judge rejects ‘gag order’ in murder investigation of missing Colorado mom Kelsey Berreth

Delete

From the crippledcreektoday website:
Tips For Your Visit To Cripple Creek

Driving the Mountain Roads

If you’re not used to driving on winding mountain roads and you’re white-knuckling it, it’s okay to take it slow, but be courteous and use the numerous pull-offs to allow others, who drive these roads on a regular basis, the opportunity to move along at a faster pace.

(Or use the pull offs to get rid of a dead body) :eek:

MOO

Isn't there a picture somewhere of KB with a donkey?

Yes!! The cute one (her, not the donkey) with the coffee cup!

Yes there was and my first thought was that she must have been up in the Creek.

Found it:
47684107_214364149477047_6554241430817079296_n.jpg

Missing - Our - Kelsey Berreth

Can anyone identify the location?

From the crippledcreektoday website:
Tips For Your Visit To Cripple Creek

Driving the Mountain Roads

If you’re not used to driving on winding mountain roads and you’re white-knuckling it, it’s okay to take it slow, but be courteous and use the numerous pull-offs to allow others, who drive these roads on a regular basis, the opportunity to move along at a faster pace.

(Or use the pull offs to get rid of a dead body) :eek:

MOO

Quite right! My thoughts too. The further you go towards Florissant and Cripple Creek down US Route 24, or Highway 24 (the narrow lanes, heavy use and erosion make for unexpected surprises at 9,494 ft elevations) the easier it is to toss a body over the side of the highway that will never be seen. Alternatively, he could have chosen an alternative route.. opposite way to Deckers Colorado (beautiful unincorporated Platte Valley and Platte River area) in Douglas County (Highway 67), which is even more remote, yet heavily wooded and pretty close to where he lived. Both cities have many mines, both active and inactive.

December 26, 2018

Please note that the Gazette article, upon which this article relies, has corrected its information to reflect that the Judge has not yet ruled upon the Motion to Limit Pre- Trial Publicity aka Gag Order.

The rules that the reporter cited in the article are ethical rules that attorneys must follow regarding publicity in all cases.

Also, from descriptions, sounds like cell reception is spotty in the Cripple Creek area. Not sure if that would mean anything or not, as far as cell tower pinging. But if PF was ballsy enough to ditch a body out there in the daytime, I suppose it could have been on his way to doing a job with the others asses, eh-hem, I mean donkeys.

@retiredrickyinCO do the pull offs have much coverage? Or would drivers there be very exposed to passerby’s?

Last edited:
Quite right! My thoughts too. The further you go towards Florissant and Cripple Creek down US Route 24, or Highway 24 (the narrow lanes, heavy use and erosion make for unexpected surprises at 9,494 ft elevations) the easier it is to toss a body over the side of the highway that will never be seen. Alternatively, he could have chosen an alternative route.. opposite way to Deckers Colorado (beautiful unincorporated Platte Valley and Platte River area) in Douglas County (Highway 67), which is even more remote, yet heavily wooded and pretty close to where he lived. Both cities have many mines, both active and inactive.

How about when you get to the intersection in Divide just past the Teller County Jail?
If you take that left there to get to Cripple Creek there are some sheer cliffs off that road. Many times they close it during the winter. If I am not mistaken they found a male body right on that road in the past couple of years. Some tourist stopped to take pictures and her son ran up into the trees and there it was.
Hgwy 67 is pretty but can be hairy!

So, back on the last thread, there was a question of PF going to Idaho and back over the timeframe 11/22 to some point of the texting perhaps. I am not sure because of his phone needing to be in CO.
It would be too obvious to suggest life insurance, wouldn’t it?
I was always taught that all criminals know at some point that stand a really good chance at getting caught (no matter how smart they think they are nor how narcissistic). In cases such as this, when a person knows their very freedom is at risk, then something greater is at the heart of the matter than money or even custody battles. This would have to do with more of why a profiling unit was used with the FBI. When they are willing to destroy the mother of their child and their self this is a deeper psychological issue than money. Just my opinion from the outside but these individuals know the outcome of these cases even as they profess their innocence as you all know.

I think it WAS financially motivated however not in the traditional lines of thinking-- like, life insurance. I think she may have posed a threat to some "dirty money" he was earning and the person who was earning that money with him, was the one he solicited and the one who sent the texts. I don't for a minute think this was related to domestic issues. I think they were bound by a child which neither (for different reasons) wanted to assume full custody, and that there was not enough love between them to be able to generate hate. So the question for me becomes, what did she see? What was he doing?

I am leaning that direction also. Thinking she discovered something about him that triggered this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody