CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't think it was strange that he lived with his mom if he had not recently had a baby and was planning on getting married. The home Kelsey lived in would have been adequate for the three of them, I would think.

I've been thinking the same thing, but then I read one of the links this morning where her family said they didn't live together because he had financial issues related to the price of beef.

I wonder if her parents supported her purchase of her home with the condition that he cannot move in with her, that he has to provide a home for her or at least share 50/50 investment. It's not unusual for parents to take the position that they'll provide for a daughter but not for a man who does not even marry their pregnant daughter.

I'm looking up Gooding ID on Maps. What's there? Population 3k, en route to nowhere, 12 miles north off highway 84; Twin Falls, pop 49k, makes more sense as a stop-over...Why Gooding? There is a municipal airport. I can't see any reason for KB's phone to be there, other than a diversion. But why Gooding?
Twin Falls/Twin Falls County LE have issued the search warrants; Gooding is not in TF county.
If "items of evidence" from TF include phone, purse, contents of purse, why go to Gooding to send those texts?
AND, would the solicitation charge include the following scenario:
PF asks someone to take the phone & purse up to Idaho, send texts (on hiscue), and dispose?
Someone please just put me out of my misery.

I wouldn't assume that the phone was in Gooding when the phone pinged, or that we know the exact location of the the tower in relation to the town center. The tower could be between Gooding and the highway to get the most coverage.

Interstate 84 is one route to Washington State. Could have pinged from the highway in a passing car. Which I think is likely.

KB might have used this route when she left her child, job, personal belongings, and cinnamon rolls behind in Woodland Park.

Or it is part of an elaborate lie.

I've been thinking the same thing, but then I read one of the links this morning where her family said they didn't live together because he had financial issues related to the price of beef.

I wonder if her parents supported her purchase of her home with the condition that he cannot move in with her, that he has to provide a home for her or at least share 50/50 investment. It's not unusual for parents to take the position that they'll provide for a daughter but not for a man who does not even marry their pregnant daughter.
I had thought about that too. That is exactly what my parents would have done if I was in the same position. Kelsey's parents are also very religious.

Absolutely! Trust! And while they may have refused to kill, they were willing to take the phone back home and send some texts.
I can’t imagine killing anyone, but if I did it’s even harder to imagine admitting it to someone and asking them for cover-up help. I think it’s very likely he told someone visiting the area from idaho that an anonymous friend, or Kelsey herself had lost or forgotten the phone in CO and had to leave for Idaho without it. “Do me a favor and take this back w/you—she’ll contact you to come pick it up. I turned it off to preserve the battery but turn it back on when you get home so she can call you”. The texts could have already been on the phone using “future delivery” or were sent from a computer app.

Even if he had an accomplice knowingly use the phone to text as a cover up, I don’t think they’re the same party involved w/the solicitation charge. Whoever he solicited to kill K must not have participated in the murder or they also would be under arrest. The charge is solicitation to commit murder, not aiding after the fact. Not very likely someone told him no, I won’t kill her but I’ll help you cover it up. More likely someone told him no at some point, then when K went missing they approached the police. Meanwhile someome else knowingly or as a patsy took the phone with them on their way to Idaho.

My current theory, anyway.

The reporter surprised me when he said that it didn't really matter WHEN it was filed. Didn't matter to him, maybe.
What? Of course it matters when it was filed. A month before she went missing would make all the difference in the world. If that were true, we would have known a long time ago. Imo

Pure speculation. I do wonder if KB felt somewhat trapped in the relationship with PF at some point. Add a child to the dynamic and it's no longer a simple break up about who gets the tv and shared dog.

Maybe PF really did spend a considerable amount of time with the child. His job allowed for a flex schedule, hers didn't. Now, I'm not commenting on whether or not he was a good or bad parent. I have no clue.

Many parents prefer not to put their children in daycare for many reasons, if they have other options. I don't believe she had immediate family close by.

If I recall, KB had a considerable drive to work. Add the hours she spends just commuting, then her actual working hours. That was probably a super long day for her.

The trapped part of my comment. She may have really enjoyed her job and didn't want to leave it. Moving closer to her job, puts the child further away from PF. Can you imagine having to drive a small child every day, 1 + hours to the fathers home to drop them off, THEN travel all the way back to work. Then do it again at the end of the day?

I'm not sure my comments play into any sort of murder theory but it was just an observation on my part, because I think the child was with him more than maybe we think.

I wouldn't assume that the phone was in Gooding when the phone pinged, or that we know the exact location of the the tower in relation to the town center. The tower could be between Gooding and the highway to get the most coverage.

Interstate 84 is one route to Washington State. Could have pinged from the highway in a passing car. Which I think is likely.

KB might have used this route when she left her child, job, personal belongings, and cinnamon rolls behind in Woodland Park.

BBM

I don't think Kelsey was anywhere near Gooding, Idaho on Nov. 25.

"Woodland Park Police said Kelsey Berreth, who went missing on Thanksgiving Day, was likely killed in her home. Authorities arrested her fiancé, 32-year-old Patrick Frazee, on Friday and charged him with first-degree murder after searching Berreth’s home outside Colorado Springs."

Evidence in Case of Missing Colorado Mother Found 800 Miles Away in Idaho

Oh, I didn't know that it wasn't MSM. I can certainly see why it wouldn't be. Yet so many other sources have been wrong too. The reporting on the custody hearing has been so innaccurate. Don't they ever fact-check anymore? It's kind of important that they get it right.
It's actually Woodland Park Underground (not Pard) my mistake. And you are correct, even MSM is not fact checking very well and is reporting misleading info. Very frustrating.

Are you thinking KB intentionally walked away from everything and PF did not murder her or am I misunderstanding your post?

My guess is an elaborate lie! :)

SBM
I also hate to go back to the cinnamon rolls, but it occurred to me during all the discussion about the clean-up that how would he/they paint and/or drywall, and still leave the cinnamon rolls untouched on the counter? IMO, seems unlikely that they'd still be sitting there.
That is a really good point! Wonder if there were flakes of drywall or some other substance that had no business being on those rolls had she baked them herself shortly before she disappeared.

I can’t imagine killing anyone, but if I did it’s even harder to imagine admitting it to someone and asking them for cover-up help. I think it’s very likely he told someone visiting the area from idaho that an anonymous friend, or Kelsey herself had lost or forgotten the phone in CO and had to leave for Idaho without it. “Do me a favor and take this back w/you—she’ll contact you to come pick it up. I turned it off to preserve the battery but turn it back on when you get home so she can call you”. The texts could have already been on the phone using “future delivery” or were sent from a computer app.

Even if he had an accomplice knowingly use the phone to text as a cover up, I don’t think they’re the same party involved w/the solicitation charge. Whoever he solicited to kill K must not have participated in the murder or they also would be under arrest. The charge is solicitation to commit murder, not aiding after the fact. Not very likely someone told him no, I won’t kill her but I’ll help you cover it up. More likely someone told him no at some point, then when K went missing they approached the police. Meanwhile someome else knowingly or as a patsy took the phone with them on their way to Idaho.

My current theory, anyway.
murder
PF was charged with solicitation to commit murder, yes. I don't understand why the person he solicited may at a later date be charged with aiding after the fact. Why can't they be the same person? If the one he is soliciting is talking, they might hold off. It may be one way to keep additional lawyers away.... they may want to lull him along til they have everything they want! Just another way of looking at it! So interesting to hear different theories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003