CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court minute:
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/001/18JV26 Dec 27 hearing - minute order summary.pdf
On December 21, 2018 the court granted a Temporary Emergency Custody Order made by Teller County Department of Human Services (TCDHS) placing the minor child in the temporary physical custody of maternal grandparents and legal custody of TCDHS. As required by law a Preliminary Protective Proceeding was held on 12/27/18. TCDHS caseworkers were present with Special County Attorney Steve Zentz. The court appointed attorney Lindsey Parlin to represent father and a guardian ad litem was appointed to represent the best interests of the minor child. TCDHS, father and guardian ad litem requested the hearing be closed to the public. The court made finding under CRS 19-1-106 that it was in child’s best interest to close hearing. The maternal grandparents were added to the case as special respondents. Paternal grandmother file a motion to intervene. The parties agreed to reserve for later hearing paternal grandmother’s motion to intervene and placement request. The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents. The case is continued for a pre-trial conference on January 3, 2019 at 8:30 a.m

Rob McCallum on Twitter
People v Frazee: The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents. The case is continued for a pre-trial conference on January 3, 2019 at 8:30 a.m.

He looked guilty before he even lawyered up, as he didn’t report her missing or make any effort to find her.

I’m assuming that this was because he thought he had committed a crime that he would get away with.

Kelsey could have left on her own, and PF was nowhere near her, because of that false cell phone trail.

At this point it isn’t just his behavior that makes him look guilty, there is appearently compelling evidence that also points to his guilt.

He’s dug in, and it’s too late for words or actions to save him.

He’s not as smart as he thought he was.
This exactly. IMO

He looked pissed off to me when he was leaving (and for non-Americans here, I don't mean drunk :p).
I think he feels ashamed, too, but he is so obstinate and stubborn, we shall never know for sure. Nor will he tell where Kelsey is. And there is nothing to use as leverage against him because honestly, I don’t think he cares about his life that much. Maybe, in his own way, he still cares about the kid.

Judge says Berreth's parents will get custody of child
A judge decided Thursday afternoon Kelsey Berreth's parents will get temporary physical custody of Berreth and Patrick Frazee’s 1-year-old daughter but the Teller County Department of Human Services will retain legal custody.

On Thursday, Berreth's mother and Frazee's mother declined media interviews.

It's not clear when the custody motion was filed with Teller County. Berreth's parents were added to the case as special respondents. Frazee's mother filed a motion to intervene, according to minute order summary. The case is continued for a pre-trial conference on Jan. 3.

At the time of Frazee’s arrest, the child, who was safe, was put in protective custody and would be reunited with Berreth’s family, Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said on Dec. 21.

A few days before the fiance’s arrest, De Young said they had been in contact with the Teller County Department of Human Services in regard to the baby’s custody. At that point, he said the department didn't have any evidence that the child’s safety was at risk with Frazee.

Court minute:
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/001/18JV26 Dec 27 hearing - minute order summary.pdf
On December 21, 2018 the court granted a Temporary Emergency Custody Order made by Teller County Department of Human Services (TCDHS) placing the minor child in the temporary physical custody of maternal grandparents and legal custody of TCDHS. As required by law a Preliminary Protective Proceeding was held on 12/27/18. TCDHS caseworkers were present with Special County Attorney Steve Zentz. The court appointed attorney Lindsey Parlin to represent father and a guardian ad litem was appointed to represent the best interests of the minor child. TCDHS, father and guardian ad litem requested the hearing be closed to the public. The court made finding under CRS 19-1-106 that it was in child’s best interest to close hearing. The maternal grandparents were added to the case as special respondents. Paternal grandmother file a motion to intervene. The parties agreed to reserve for later hearing paternal grandmother’s motion to intervene and placement request. The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents. The case is continued for a pre-trial conference on January 3, 2019 at 8:30 a.m

Rob McCallum on Twitter
People v Frazee: The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents. The case is continued for a pre-trial conference on January 3, 2019 at 8:30 a.m.
REALLY? The paternal grandmother files a motion to interevene. These Frazee people.............

So it sounds like PFs mother wanted custody too? I am happy KBs parents got temp custody of KB. Poor child. Also it’s kind of sad that KB parents are retired and now must raise another child. I am sure they want to but let’s be real, a baby full time takes a whole lot of energy.

So it sounds like PFs mother wanted custody too? I am happy KBs parents got temp custody of KB. Poor child. Also it’s kind of sad that KB parents are retired and now must raise another child. I am sure they want to but let’s be real, a baby full time takes a whole lot of energy.
I’m sure they have family to help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member