CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #17 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelsey Berreth's daughter to stay with mother's family while murder case against father, Patrick Frazee, proceeds
Patrick Frazee, 31, appeared in court Thursday for the custody hearing, which was closed to the public at the request of all parties, according to a summary of the proceedings posted online. Police arrested Frazee on suspicion of first-degree murder and solicitation to commit first-degree murder on Dec. 21 after weeks of searching for his fiancee, Kelsey Berreth.

The girl, K, has been with Berreth’s family since the arrest, though Teller County Department of Human Services has maintained legal custody of the child, according to the document.

The court postponed a final decision after Frazee’s mother, the girl’s grandmother, filed a motion in the custody case. The custody case will be back in court at 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 3, and the girl will stay with Berreth’s family in the meantime.

IMO the decent thing to do would be to allow KB’s family some time to grieve and love on their granddaughter. I hope this wasn’t a surprise to CB.....I hope that SF’s attorney has reached out to CB’s attorney with their intentions.

ETA: I’m not blaming PF’s family for his actions. I think it’s vital that his family move forward with a great amount of respect, understanding and delicacy for CB and families feelings.

Last edited:
That’s the only thing that makes sense.

Every damn day, they manage to screw something else up.

I’d be impressed, if it wasn’t so frustrating, and this case so serious.

Last edited:
Kelsey Berreth's daughter to stay with mother's family while murder case against father, Patrick Frazee, proceeds
Patrick Frazee, 31, appeared in court Thursday for the custody hearing, which was closed to the public at the request of all parties, according to a summary of the proceedings posted online. Police arrested Frazee on suspicion of first-degree murder and solicitation to commit first-degree murder on Dec. 21 after weeks of searching for his fiancee, Kelsey Berreth.

The girl, K, has been with Berreth’s family since the arrest, though Teller County Department of Human Services has maintained legal custody of the child, according to the document.

The court postponed a final decision after Frazee’s mother, the girl’s grandmother, filed a motion in the custody case. The custody case will be back in court at 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 3, and the girl will stay with Berreth’s family in the meantime.

IMO it is becoming clear to me that the motive for PF was to get full custody of the child by eliminating KB altogether. And I have a feeling it was not just his desire to have the child full time. All JMO of course.

As far as we know, his parents have done nothing wrong. If they did NOT want custody or visitation,it would be odd.

Yes at this point we know of nothing wrong that PF's parents have done that would put the baby in harms way. Again, we know very little if nothing at this point.

They are grandparents and they have rights also.
They could love that baby to death.
They might be just as shocked as anyone that their son could have actually done anything like this.
They most likely have sought legal advice and were told to do this now so that they can at least have visitation and see her while this custody thing is taking place.
PF has brothers and a sister, uncles and an aunt, they could also love her and want to be a part of her life.

Yes a total mess for all involved but there is another family here that as I said could very well be reeling from the outcome.

Until we know more I will respect their rights too because if I were in there situation it would kill me never to be able to see that beautiful baby again.

To edit this and add they also might not be asking for custody but just visitation. to still be a part of her life.

Yeah. I see no hope of this case being wrapped up with a pretty little bow in a matter of months, like the Watts case was.

We’re going to be here a while.
I truly hope the evidence gathered at the scenes that warranted the arrest would turn out to be strong enough to convince him to plea, but, I bet he won't.. So then I hope the evidence is enough to convict him. I seriously doubt he will ever tell where her body is.

The man in the video does have a resemblance to PF, but that man is walking into the store with a little boy. He’s holding the boy’s hand as they walk in.
Do you know if PF has a nephew? JMO, but he may have brought a young family member with him to the store to pick up a few items for Thanksgiving Dinner and then met up with KB for the custody exchange and pick up the baby girl for dinner? The resemblance was startling! IMO

Last edited:
I truly hope the evidence gathered at the scenes that warranted the arrest would turn out to be strong enough to convince him to plea, but, I bet he won't.. So then I hope the evidence is enough to convict him. I seriously doubt he will ever tell where her body is.
Yeah. I’m confident that they have a solid case against him.

I can’t fathom him ever admitting his guilt, let alone giving up the location of her body.

They’ll need to find it on their own, and that’s a daunting prospect.

As far as we know, his parents have done nothing wrong. If they did NOT want custody or visitation,it would be odd.
Yes, I cannot imagine they will not at least get visitation. But it will be hard to work out, since the two families don't live close to one another, and the child is so young.
Is PFs father petitioning for himself or on behalf of the mother? Do we know?

Do you know if PF would bring a nephew to the store before he picked up the baby girl for dinner? It could be someone else was already waiting at the townhouse in my opinion. I was startled by the resemblance!
If he was captured on video, that would be a very big deal.

It would call into question his purported account of the events of that day.

There’s just no way that we wouldn’t have heard about this before now.

It ain’t him.

I think he is a stubborn as a mule, very self righteous, and will never plea. This will go to trial, I beleive.
Edited to add that as long as he has a public defender, there will not be buckets of money to call in OJ trial type experts to try to discredit evidence, if it comes to that.

"Frazee’s father has since filed a motion to intervene in this decision, and there will be a future hearing about his rights in the custody case, though it's unclear when."
Holy Moly. It feels like the Frazees are tormenting KB's parents.
Or why?! Isn't PF's father about 80 years old? IMO, PF's mother is much younger than PF's father, but she's still about ten years older than KB. Wouldn't the Judge have to take that into consideration? JMO

Last edited:
Do you know if PF would bring a nephew to the store before he picked up the baby girl for dinner? It could be someone else was already waiting at the townhouse in my opinion. I was startled by the resemblance!
I just re-watched it and other than hair color, I see no resemblance at all to PF.
MOO

Yeah. I’m confident that they have a solid case against him.

I can’t fathom him ever admitting his guilt, let alone giving up the location of her body.

They’ll need to find it on their own, and that’s a daunting prospect.
I got the impression that LE had a good idea of where to find it. I don't have time to search for the link that gave me that impression, so MOO and I hope they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste