CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #18 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking he had two phones and handed over the useless one to LE when he was being so "cooperative." Nothing to even delete. Like "search away!" Meanwhile still keeping possession of the phone where anything incriminating could be found or recovered.

I think two phones belonging to the same person are easy to find out. One of the phones, however, might be officially belonging to a family member, but PF was using it as well.

I think KB did not want to upset her parents nor make them anxious about her, hence she probably did not tell them everything about her deteriorating personal situation.

I absolutely agree with this, children and especially adult children do not tell us everything even though we wish they did.
They are trying to make their own way on their own.
Parents worry, it is in our blood. Does not matter how old they are.

Wait! The neighbor was scheduled to leave for a holiday gathering at about the same time PF arrived? Did he know her plans? Had he asked her on a previous visit? She said she saw him often.

Good thought, but I'm not sure which neighbor it was. It could have been someone who lives down the street. I think the person who shares a wall with KB might have been gone on Thanksgiving day and didn't see anything that day. He could have known that in advance or just knew that not many people would be around at noon on a holiday. Remember that KB rented another townhouse in the same neighborhood before she bought her unit in May. Did PF visit KB's rental for Thanksgiving in 2017? If he even just picked her up to take her to dinner last year he would know if her neighborhood was usually pretty empty Thanksgiving weekend. JMO.

Jmo I don’t think he was on the schedule to have K that day, I think that is b.s.
I think that may be true. Kelsey may have planned to do something together, but I don't think he was ever supposed to pick her up and take her to spend time with his family separately. She apparently didn't mention that to her mom. If he had the baby during the week than Kelsey would have wanted to have her on her days off, which includes holidays. As far as we know they did not have any formal visitation arrangements. The "custody exchange" was likely the term PF or his lawyer used to make it sound like they had prior arrangements. Imo

If she was driving, why didn't she leave the blanket in the car? She has a child carrier, which probably locks into a carseat base, but many people use the carrier portion for all sorts of things, including propping up a baby for meals.

View attachment 161845

View attachment 161846

It was cold? It was a high of 57 that day. I would keep my baby's blanket on her to take her into the store.

It was cold? It was a high of 57 that day. I would keep my baby's blanket on her to take her into the store.
I covered my babies when they were young and they always had their "blankie's" would love to know if baby K had one and if it was the same one she is shown wrapped in on the video when she was removed from PF?

Why would KB tell her mom she was going out to dinner with PF and baby? She had 4 days off. If she and PF were no longer together and she didn't want PF to see baby for the holiday, I would think she would be taking Baby K to go visit her family on the long weekend. She wouldn't be home leisurely baking cinnamon rolls for breakfast, talking to her mom like everything was normal, discussing her plans for dinner with PF, asking for a recipe and then going to the grocery store. MOO.
Maybe she didn't want to worry her mother and tried to make it seem like everything was ok.

Nope I am scratching, why go through all that lugging, unsecuring, securing blah blah when you are only in the store for 20 minutes. Nah,,,I believe she drove there.
Please don't scratch the idea! Pretty Please! What if PF planned on going in. They wouldn't leave the baby in the car!

Your post got me wondering....and sadly only KB may know the answer, but was there a usual bag that KB packed for the baby when she was going to be staying with PF? Was that bag still at her house? (He may have missed packing things up for baby as a small detail). I’d be interested in which of them bought baby supplies more, diapers, etc. Just a thought that if he suddenly bought those items the day after Thanksgiving would be an indicator he knew KB would not be around anytime soon to buy them.

I'm guessing that both parents had some baby stuff, but there are always some things that travel with the baby - like a favorite blanket. If the baby was brought into Kelsey's house in the baby carrier, is everything in the baby carrier missing?

she had to keep her mouth shut about the man who killed her daughter. at that time she probably knew what happened. She had to fight every instinct in her to keep him from hurting the baby. I would be more than awkward in that situation, god forbid.

I have to say that I thought Kelsey's mother's interview w/ a CO TV station was odd.
She smiled inappropriately and made a comment about Kelsey's hair not being fixed in the grocery store
video.

WTH? Her hair?
But people can react oddly under when under incredible stress.

Please don't scratch the idea! Pretty Please! What if PF planned on going in. They wouldn't leave the baby in the car!
How does forcing a theory help us figure out what happened here?

I could come up with dozens of semi plausible ones, probably hundreds if they weren’t fact based.

I absolutely agree with this, children and especially adult children do not tell us everything even though we wish they did.
They are trying to make their own way on their own.
Parents worry, it is in our blood. Does not matter how old they are.
I certainly don't tell my parents all the details of my life! I thought that was true of everybody. Especially when one comes from a religious background with very conservative parents!
I've always thought there may have been a lot Kelsey did not tell her parents. I just hope that she was not in a lot of emotional pain over the relationship and kept it all to herself. Imo

Oh my. :eek: I hate to even bring it up, but how would you explain the cinnamon rolls being left uncovered in the kitchen if she was killed there? Wouldn't whoever cleaned up the scene have thrown them away?

Maybe the cinnamon rolls were purposely left out, to indicate Kelsey's departure was sudden, unexpected.
?? to incriminate someone, causing a very hasty exit.
Then the texts sent, were to show, KB had left.
MOO.

Never had kids so maybe someone can answer this. Why (and I am not being sarcastic/mean) are we discussing "why did she bring the baby's blanket inside the store"? What does it indicate other than the obvious, "because she was cold". Suddenly I'm reminded of the chicken crossing the road. Please help me to understand why it is peculiar to bring a blanket along....

that story was all for PF - to pacify and appease him so he wouldn't hurt the baby, and so maybe he would let CB see the baby.

Why would KB tell her mom she was going out to dinner with PF and baby? She had 4 days off. If she and PF were no longer together and she didn't want PF to see baby for the holiday, I would think she would be taking Baby K to go visit her family on the long weekend. She wouldn't be home leisurely baking cinnamon rolls for breakfast, talking to her mom like everything was normal, discussing her plans for dinner with PF, asking for a recipe and then going to the grocery store. MOO.

Never had kids so maybe someone can answer this. Why (and I am not being sarcastic/mean) are we discussing "why did she bring the baby's blanket inside the store"? What does it indicate other than the obvious, "because she was cold". Suddenly I'm reminded of the chicken crossing the road. Please help me to understand why it is peculiar to bring a blanket along....
The implication was that the presence of a blanket indicates that she may have walked.

Most of us are saying that we would expect a blanket regardless, and it is not an indication of how she got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResortedOnce