CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not easy to hire a professional hit man. I don’t think PF would have enough criminal knowledge to get that deep into it, personally. I think if he tried to hire a professional, he would have been caught. Also not sure he would have had the money required for a true hit man.
Thankfully (lol), I have no idea the rates of a hit man. I would assume they differ between big city mafia type and those in remote locations. My point was more that I think it is very possible it was a paid for hire deal (not a friend of PF's) and PF may not even know who that person is.

Thank you. This is what I've been waiting to see:

On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously, acting alone or with one or more persons, committed or attempted to commit Robbery and, in the course of or in furtherance of that crime, or in the immediate flight therefrom, the death of Kelsey Berreth, a person, other than one of the participants, was caused by anyone; in violation ofsection l8-3-102(lXb), C.R.S.

Right, so I'm not sure where this robbery thing is coming from lol Even his attorney doesn't know what the prosecution has or what they think happened.

I think it's irresponsible of the media to keep saying "attempted robbery" when I didn't hear that in the video from court this morning, and I have not read that in the 2 page document that has been shared here and elsewhere with the list of charges. There is also no robbery or attempted robbery charge listed in the 5.
BBM The media isn't just saying it. It is stated in the charges.

Deceased/Not Found - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #19 *ARREST*

On or about November 22, 2018, PATRICK FRAZEE unlawfully and feloniously, acting alone or with one or more persons, committed or attempted to commit Robbery and, in the course of or in furtherance of that crime, or in the immediate flight therefrom, the death of Kelsey Berreth, a person, other than one of the participants, was caused by anyone; in violation ofsection l8-3-102(lXb), C.R.S.

Just read that! So that clears that up :) this wasn't on the documents we saw earlier though, was it?

@riolove77

If you’ve answered this already, I missed it.

The secrecy here in regards to the suspect and his attorney being privy to the arrest affidavit, what’s your opinion on this?

Unusual?

I personally do find this unusual, and I'm of the opinion that it involves people who are cooperating and whose lives may be in danger. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I could be way off. I've just never dealt with this myself, but perhaps it's more common than I know?

It’s not easy to hire a professional hit man. I don’t think PF would have enough criminal knowledge to get that deep into it, personally. I think if he tried to hire a professional, he would have been caught. Also not sure he would have had the money required for a true hit man.

Agree. In many, many cases when someone thinks they are talking to a “hitman”, they are indeed coorosponding with undercover LE.

This is more common in Hollywood movies.

I'm thinking the robbery is the purse and phone...hmm

so I have just listened to the whole press conference again, and now I'm not so sure that he was being that specific lol He makes it very clear that he will NOT be discussing any details about the case and talks in general terms. I am unclear on whether he was being specific now or if he was also giving an example. I wish a reporter would have asked!!!!
It’s also in black and white in the document just posted a few minutes ago in count 3

Colorado Judicial Branch

Curious why there wouldn’t be a 6th count charging him with robbery?

She had bought the home before September, so that can't be it. I wonder if she got a promotion? Or began pushing wedding plans again? Maybe financially things were getting worse for him?
Are we 100% certain it was before September?
I could swear I saw September 2018 on Zillow or Redfin.
I'll check again.
Moo

I personally do find this unusual, and I'm of the opinion that it involves people who are cooperating and whose lives may be in danger. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I could be way off. I've just never dealt with this myself, but perhaps it's more common than I know?
Thanks!

I too find it unusual, but I’m not in the legal profession.

I agree with your reasoning as to why they are playing it this way.

Most domestic type homicides, don’t involved a spiderweb of players.

This one seems to.

But, he would know who those witnesses are, more than likely. He wouldn’t need that info from LE/DA because he would know who is involved and who to reach out to. If they are truly protecting someone, I don’t think it’s from PF. It would probably be from an accomplice. They can monitor any communications PF has with a member of the public, so it just doesn’t seem like too big of a threat. Safety has to be dealing with two people still on the outside, IMO. Maybe a second killer?

It is possible he tried to solicit three different people. And he cannot do anything to anyone from jail. But he has family and friends who might.
JMO. The DA believes the witnesses are in jeopardy. We don’t know anything yet.
BRRI had an interesting thought that PF isn’t the one they are worried about harming witnesses. Instead it may be his accomplice.

Thanks Pommy Mommy.

I agree that PF likely won't testify if this goes to trial. However, the lawyer doesn't have to be on trial to be required not to lie. We absolutely cannot tell an untruth. Decorum and honesty with the court and opposing counsel is an ethical requirement.

Thankfully! If not, there’d be little purpose in a judicial system, imo.
On another note, will we ever hear him speak? Is he remaining silent for now, only to see what the State has? Will he end up pleading guilty & quietly go away, leaving behind a path of destruction?

so I have just listened to the whole press conference again, and now I'm not so sure that he was being that specific lol He makes it very clear that he will NOT be discussing any details about the case and talks in general terms. I am unclear on whether he was being specific now or if he was also giving an example. I wish a reporter would have asked!!!!
IKR? lol, he did say it within the first minutes

It’s also in black and white in the document just posted a few minutes ago in count 3

Colorado Judicial Branch

Curious why there wouldn’t be a 6th count charging him with robbery?

I agree, and I think I was looking more for this because I was reading he was charged with robbery and it wasn't in the charges.

The felony murder charge still seems odd to me considering there are solicitation charges as well. JMO

When people attempt to hire someone to commit murder on their behalf, they generally reach out to people who are fairly close to them.

It rarely ends well for the person doing the hiring.
I understand your point.... but what if PF reached out to a friend who knew of someone to hire and the friend was the middle man?? Going back to my point that PF may not even know the person who actually committed the crime. Based on the charges it appears he may have hired someone. What the payment, if any, is way beyond me guessing.

Just read that! So that clears that up :) this wasn't on the documents we saw earlier though, was it?
Yes, it was this tweet:

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Here are the charges formally filed. They were *not* read aloud in the courtroom. @KOAA #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth
DvweEL_UwAEd62e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member