CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this doesn't seem too far-fetched but it seems reasonable that someone could have taken the phone, mailed it while "on" so that it reported pinging far away and then use another means to send text messages. For ex, I have Google Fi and all my calls and text messages go through my browser - I can send a text message from Hangouts without needing my phone on me at all. No reason that someone couldn't do the same if they knew her well enough to have access to those kinds of things...

Wouldn't the phone communicate with various towers along the route, though?

It is really hard for me to believe that someone didn't physically have her phone when the texts were sent. Like, police never said her phone only pinged in Idaho that Sunday and that's it, they just only mentioned that one because it's what's significant. I can't imagine someone concocted some way of sending the phone away to ping in Idaho or threw it in the back of a truck or anything like that. But obviously just my opinion.

But if her phone were active over a period of time, including when those messages were sent, isn't it conceivable that there would be verifiable cell phone pings to towers around? There was only a single ping and a few messages. That doesn't really add up to me, at least.

I agree - I keep telling myself to be open minded at this point.

But....then....I remember that her fiance didn't raise an alarm at her being gone and silent for days on end while he was caring for their little girl. Perhaps there is an explanation for that, but it seems very off.

jmo
I couldn’t agree more, it’s all so strange. I guess I just hope (one more time) that the father of this child couldn’t have done something to her mother.

Or, it's held for a few days and later turned on/mailed. Or, it's tossed into the back of a truck. I just don't know that receiving a "text" message from someone indicates 100% that there was a phone in that person's presence. It wouldn't be in my case - I could send my phone to Antartica and still send "text" messages from my computer that would come across to the reader as a regular text message.. if that makes sense?
So you could turn off your phone, mail it (or tape it to a truck or whatever) without it pinging while in transit, then remotely turn on the phone so it pings from far away and send a text, and then disable further pinging?

Do I have that right?

jmo

But if her phone were active over a period of time, including when those messages were sent, isn't it conceivable that there would be verifiable cell phone pings to towers around? There was only a single ping and a few messages. That doesn't really add up to me, at least.
I guess I'm under the impression we don't know that that's the only time it pinged but only what they're choosing to share. They never said her phone was off until then. They just said that's the last texts from her phone and that's where they came from (Idaho) so I dunno :/

It is really hard for me to believe that someone didn't physically have her phone when the texts were sent. Like, police never said her phone only pinged in Idaho that Sunday and that's it, they just only mentioned that one because it's what's significant. I can't imagine someone concocted some way of sending the phone away to ping in Idaho or threw it in the back of a truck or anything like that. But obviously just my opinion.
A normal person using their phone casually will likely have it on the whole way along an 800 mile journey and be stopping and texting and pinging along the entire route. There would be a breadcrumb trail.

So you could turn off your phone, mail it (or tape it to a truck or whatever) without it pinging while in transit, then remotely turn on the phone so it pings from far away and send a text, and then disable further pinging?

Do I have that right?

jmo

I was thinking more... you have Kelsey, her phone, etc. Phone turns off so it doesn't ping when it's around you. Stick it in the mail, express or whatever, who cares, phone pings while in transit. Cell phone didn't have a ton of battery juice, died shortly after. I am just thinking of other things that could explain why it would ping so far away... I still don't think you need to have the phone on your person to send a text as someone so to me, the two aren't necessarily connected.

How often do phones ping? Also, didn't LE say that it may have been a "false" ping?

This is the strangest piece. Texts are easily verified. So the person who sent them knew who the fiance was and knew where she worked. Had to actually be her or someone close to her to know that. Also ignoring texts from mom. If you voluntarily left to start a new life why send a text and say you would be back in a week?
I don't believe she voluntarily left to start a new life. I would consider the possibility of suicide but the texts make it less likely and instead point to foul play. I think LE needs to look more closely at her friends/coworkers.

Did Kelsey bake the rolls for a Friendsgiving-type gathering and something went wrong? That would fit with the baby leaving first with her father for Thanksgiving. My daughter and her ex-husband co-parent and the parenting plan spells out holidays by even/odd number years. JMO

BBM

I thought the same exact thing when I read the statement they released. Perhaps some kind emotional breakdown? And they don't want her to see or hear something in the media that encourages her to stay away longer? Just thinking out loud.
This was my first impression and I'm still leaning that way. In one of the earlier posts on her missing page there was something that said - Don't give up. You are needed and loved. Let us know you're okay. (Paraphrased)

Help me out. Why is this significant?

Type slowly so I can follow. :)

jmo
Typing slow. Well, that company information comes back related to Kelsey's home in Woodland Park. On the same day she purchased that property she conveyed it to that particular LLC. For me, this shows that there is some sophistication, a more elaborate way of doing things than people normally do in transactions such as buying a home. It is a form of structuring and isn't commonly seen. I don't know that it is significant but I find such things interesting.

Typing slow. Well, that company information comes back related to Kelsey's home in Woodland Park. On the same day she purchased that property she conveyed it to that particular LLC. For me, this shows that there is some sophistication, a more elaborate way of doing things than people normally do in transactions such as buying a home. It is a form of structuring and isn't commonly seen. I don't know that it is significant but I find such things interesting.
I'm not that sophisticated. :) But I did notice what looks like a recent date on the listing. Not sure it means anything at all.

jmo

I'm typing real slow.

It only shows who secured KB's home loan. Her parents are principals of the "Flying 7" company. Probably don't need to post any more about it. Not relevant that I can tell.
I linked the conveyance earlier on this thread. Kelsey was the Grantor and the LLC was the Grantee. That is, Kelsey conveyed her home to the LLC.

As this shows ... it ends up as the LLC..

RealEstate.com | Find Real Estate, Properties & Homes for Sale

Scroll down to the property history.

This was my first impression and I'm still leaning that way. In one of the earlier posts on her missing page there was something that said - Don't give up. You are needed and loved. Let us know you're okay. (Paraphrased)

Couldn't it also be that she travelled- had an impulse to get out of town, turned her phone off so she wouldn't be hassled, turned it back on just make make a few texts, let work know that she wasn't coming in ( but didn't want to have to talk to ANYONE) and turned it off again? Again, just trying to think of alternatives that fit the narrative of the statement made on FB.

JMO
Once I learned she was nearing her term of pregnancy my concerns for her went way up.

Not sure how accurate these statistics are but I have read similar statistics and stories that seem to confirm it can be a dangerous time for expectant mothers.

"Given all the risks associated with pregnancy, it's easy to imagine that expectant mothers are vulnerable to illnesses and even to death. But shocking new information shows that these women actually are more likely to be murdered than to die from any complications of pregnancy -"

No. 1 Cause of Death in Pregnant Women: Murder
Wrong thread??

You may be right, but in regards to that Facebook post, that’s also something you say when you think someone has been kidnapped.

Another variation is “Stay strong, we want you to come home to us....”

A normal person using their phone casually will likely have it on the whole way along an 800 mile journey and be stopping and texting and pinging along the entire route. There would be a breadcrumb trail.
Right but they didn't say there was no trail of pings. They just only said her (possible since might not have been her) last known contact was texts sent from her phone to fiance and employer that happened to ping in Idaho. They're being very selective in what they share so I assume there's more to it but could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966