CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #20 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a comment similar to this in the last thread and someone ( don’t remember who ) asked if I really thought he doesn’t love his mom or the baby , before I was able to answer. I really don’t believe he has the ability to love anyone or anything. He just seems very cold. If it doesn’t benefit him or suit his agenda, he’s not interested.
I keep seeing mention of narcissism and sociopath, maybe those things can explain it. MOO

I said earlier too, he evidently cares none for his mom. If he did, how can he put her thru this? Her heart must be broken. IMO, no mom wants to believe her child capable of murder.
We might never know but I can’t help but think P & K’s relstionship was never “good”.

MOO

Well, I may well be the only one, but WHY, why, why did he want her dead so badly? Why? She may have annoyed him about the "after we get married, we will...." or she may have been a bit giddy about discussing the wedding or honeymoon, etc., etc. But what was it that set him so against her? Okay, if he had stopped loving her; okay if he realized he never really loved her; okay if he had found someone else; okay if he didn't like her family -- it happens. Just break it off and deal with the rest of it WRT the baby.
Or did they just have a horrible argument, fight, and he struck her/beat her so badly that she couldn't or didn't survive? And The Body -- he knew the area around him fairly well, I would imagine -- is her body on his property -- did he burn he body so that it will never be found?

If he was truly looking for a murderer-for-hire, I guess that rules out the sudden fight with her dead or nearly so.
He couldn't just tell her it was over and deal with their future the next day or week or month?
Damm. This is one big mess.

Well we know there was a large window of solicitous activity taking place, so there was no rage argument or fight.

They were not married, did not live together, had no assets to divide, etc. so this just has to be about custody. Perhaps she decided she did not want to try to make it work any longer.

OR she decided and told him that if he didn't contribute more/move in with them/set a wedding date/whatever by Jan. 1 (hypothetical date), she would be moving home and taking K.

I just think he realized that he didn't want to be with her, but that if he made that clear, she was going to leave. I know that by all accounts she loved her job, but I just think when you have a one year old and all your family is in another state and the baby's father is seemingly a bum, you might change your mind about where you are.

Something tells me her strong will and independence didn't lead her to be nagging him to get married or trying to convince him to stay together...I also don't think she had a clue what he was capable of though.

Kind of like SW; she knew something was up and she was asking for him to do his part or just tell her he didn't want to, but she also went to bed that night next to him. No chance she knew what was coming.

I totally get you, tysm. I don’t find baby K being at a rodeo odd. Every cowboy I’ve ever known can’t wait to get their kid in the saddle.
I just can’t find proof he is a destitute cowboy desperately wanting custody of a baby to appease his elderly mom.
I also don’t find it unusual, that he lives with his mom.
She likely needs the help with the farm. So, it’s a win win for all, IMO

Was his brother in court? Anyone? I only got a glimpse of his mother, sitting alone. How horrible. I’m sure, as we always see, she “knows” LE has it all wrong.

BBM Not sure why you are looking for "proof he is a destitute cowboy desperately wanting custody of a baby to appease his elderly mom". In no way do I personally believe this to be the case. I think he & his mom both love Baby K fiercely. I don't think he murdered KB just so SF could have the baby. I believe he was afraid KB was going to take her to ID & visitation would be difficult. He wanted her here in CO close by.

As you stated you don't find it unusual that he takes her to rodeos. I feel the same. However if he was truly of the mind to not want to be saddled with an infant he would not take her to rodeos. I also agree that I don't find it unusual he lives with his mother.

As to whether the brother was in court, I have not seen it mentioned that he was.

Many divorces are expensive and lengthy, but surely paying the divorce attorney is cheaper than ending up paying criminal attorney's fees.

Certainly.

IMOO spending the rest of your natural life behind bars is a hell on earth.
Your normal life ends and its payback for killing an innocent, although the murder victim cannot breathe, eat, exercise or get fan mail from questionable "people".

moo

Thanks PM, this second search came right after PF was dumping stuff at WM. Surely there was something recovered as a result of that dump <as crazy as it sounds that PF would risk it?!> that led them back to Kelsey's townhome. Wasn't there loud banging and a tall ladder brought in as well? Oh, I just can't think of the gruesome details, but poor Kelsey.
Yep, banging and a big 'ol ladder.
Du6WQEDWwAEyE_j.jpg

It has been suggested that paint cans and/or drywall were found among the items being discarded at the waste facility and there could very well be something to that.
MOO

Well we know there was a large window of solicitous activity taking place, so there was no rage argument or fight.

They were not married, did not live together, had no assets to divide, etc. so this just has to be about custody. Perhaps she decided she did not want to try to make it work any longer.

OR she decided and told him that if he didn't contribute more/move in with them/set a wedding date/whatever by Jan. 1 (hypothetical date), she would be moving home and taking K.

I just think he realized that he didn't want to be with her, but that if he made that clear, she was going to leave. I know that by all accounts she loved her job, but I just think when you have a one year old and all your family is in another state and the baby's father is seemingly a bum, you might change your mind about where you are.

Something tells me her strong will and independence didn't lead her to be nagging him to get married or trying to convince him to stay together...I also don't think she had a clue what he was capable of though.

Kind of like SW; she knew something was up and she was asking for him to do his part or just tell her he didn't want to, but she also went to bed that night next to him. No chance she knew what was coming.

I agree Rio, he just realized HE didn’t want to be with her. Maybe in their current arrangement she cut him slack on support. He liked his money for his enjoyment.
If he told her he wanted out, she would expect things to be more formal, imo. In his eyes, that would make her “large & in charge”, HE wanted that status.

Does anyone know when was the last regular day or period
when PF did have custody of the baby?
I wonder if back in September KB started taking the baby
to another sitter or daycare. Did KB know something about
poor care ( or worse) happening to baby?
PF's statement about 'custody exchange' sounded so formal
I just wonder if KB stopped giving PF any custody for some reason. Thoughts?

I said earlier too, he evidently cares none for his mom. If he did, how can he put her thru this? Her heart must be broken. IMO, no mom wants to believe her child capable of murder.
We might never know but I can’t help but think P & K’s relstionship was never “good”.

MOO
Until further info comes out about the relationship PF had with his mom its hard to say if he did or didn't love her.

Some have brought up "enmeshment" issues, similar to Chris Watts and his mother. It looks like that to me.
Perhaps Ma F didn't particularly like PF's girlfriends but she wanted a grandchild?

<modsnipped against tos>

moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's my point. I don't have any children yet, but I can't imagine doing something that would cause any pain to a child, let alone my own child.
I think it's possible he didn't see it that way. He had tunnel vision, one track mind, whatever it might be called. In his mind he wanted KB out of the way. If his plan had gone the way he planned it in his mind, Baby K may have grown up believing her mother took off, something horrible befell her never to be heard from again end of story.

I have a theory as to why. I think he had moved on from her when she popped up pregnant, he did love little KB but he never was in love with Kelsey. She was in the way, she was always going to be in the way. Maybe she didn't realize that he had moved on because he wasn't honest with her or she didn't care, she just wanted to do right by her daughter and have her dad involved in their lives. He had a new love interest and all he wanted was the baby. He may have lied to the other woman about how involved he really was with Kelsey too. I think it was all coming to a head. Maybe Thanksgiving PF wanted to take little KB to be with the other woman and family and Kelsey objected to that or maybe the other woman was pressuring him to make the break. The pressure was the final straw. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member