CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #20 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard to comprehend what goes on in the mind of someone who would commit murder, but as several here have suggested, it seems like it may be about control. The old adage “I don’t want you, but I don’t want anyone else to have you either” comes to mind. It’s impossible to see how anyone could kill the mother of their child if they love that child, but a sociopath/narcissist doesn’t really love anyone else IMHO. Their minds are so warped that they will commit acts we can’t understand, like so many other cases we’ve followed here, too numerous to mention. I’m not going to venture a guess as to how or why, but I am very anxious to see this case unfold to see the extent of PF’s evil scheme. I pray that he gets what he deserves. No family should have to endure that.

So this is probably why they are putting the two theories forward. With the solicitation charges they must have some good evidence and that would support First Degree Murder ( along with evidence of murder tied to him obviously). But if they have information that this was set up as an attempted robbery but don't have all the pieces to support it yet, they would have to file First Degree Murder on its on to protect the case. Maybe they will be able to put all the pieces together for Felony murder, or maybe it will be a bit weaker and they will stick with First Degree Murder. Or can they put both charges at trial and have a jury rule on both? It seems to me you can convict on Felony Murder and it would still be First Degree Murder or you can convict on First Degree Murder but not have enough evidence to convict on Felony murder. But I'm not a lawyer.
Could the reason for the charges be because the other people who may be involved are telling LE two different versions of what happened? I know this has been discussed but I am still trying to catch up since this morning!
I just wanted to know if that is a possibility.

And, in the hypothetical, LE wouldn’t know Bob was solicited.
I do agree that morally, he had a duty.

Things get known.

Bob, watching John's arrest on the TV evening news, and being slightly tipsy, says to his girlfriend, "I know this dude! He is crazy, he wanted me to kill his wife". The girlfriend decides to inform LE.

Or, he is arrested again on some trivial charge (bringing marijuana from Colorado to Idaho) and tells about Bob's offer to his cellmate.

It appears that thinking about the future & what it may bring is not one of his strong suits.

Edited for spelling.

ITA. He didn't think past short-term/immediate gratification, similar to Chris Watts.

They're both extremely poor strategists who thought the solution to their "problem" (i.e. their wife/partner) was complete annihilation. SMH. Selfish monsters.

moo

I think he planned the murder and picked up the baby right before it happened. I’m sure they are looking for forensic evidence to tie the hitman to the scene. DNA, hair, fingerprints.

BBM Not sure why you are looking for "proof he is a destitute cowboy desperately wanting custody of a baby to appease his elderly mom". In no way do I personally believe this to be the case. I think he & his mom both love Baby K fiercely. I don't think he murdered KB just so SF could have the baby. I believe he was afraid KB was going to take her to ID & visitation would be difficult. He wanted her here in CO close by.

As you stated you don't find it unusual that he takes her to rodeos. I feel the same. However if he was truly of the mind to not want to be saddled with an infant he would not take her to rodeos. I also agree that I don't find it unusual he lives with his mother.

As to whether the brother was in court, I have not seen it mentioned that he was.

.....because I like to know the truth, if possible, not theories & opinions. I enjoy finding the “thing” that makes men like PF go off the deep end. IMO, he had a great gig. What made him sacrifice his animals, the great outdoors, his family, his rodeoing. I like to know these things. If I could never ride my horse, pet my dog, take a swim, zip around in my convertible......I’d rather not live.

I think he planned the murder and picked up the baby right before it happened. I’m sure they are looking for forensic evidence to tie the hitman to the scene. DNA, hair, fingerprints.
I really want to believe that he picked up baby K and left with her before whatever happened too for both Kelsey and baby K's sake.

Could the reason for the charges be because the other people who may be involved are telling LE two different versions of what happened? I know this has been discussed but I am still trying to catch up since this morning!
I just wanted to know if that is a possibility.

From what I have read, a person cannot be charged based merely/solely on the words of one other person...there would have to be some supporting evidence. Jmo

Or they were both there waiting for her when she returned from Safeway. He took the baby, and she was killed.

I’ve wondered this, too. He might have know she was at Safeway. We never did get video of her in the parking lot, did we? Why was that withheld? So PF would go about his biz? Thinking LE didn’t know certain things?

At this time my guess would be that KB was planning to leave for some time and finally told him everything was off.
Maybe he'd been abusive and controlling and she was too strong and independent for him ?
PF need someone he could treat the way he treated his animals ; and for KB to have an independent life was the final straw ?
Not that I think he 'snapped'. Imo, he'd planned this out to perfection , in his own mind.
There could be a can of worms that turns up in this investigation regarding other 'activities' PF may have been up to ; and hopefully anyone who has been threatened or mistreated by him will speak up ?

.....because I like to know the truth, if possible, not theories & opinions. I enjoy finding the “thing” that makes men like PF go off the deep end. IMO, he had a great gig. What made him sacrifice his animals, the great outdoors, his family, his rodeoing. I like to know these things. If I could never ride my horse, pet my dog, take a swim, zip around in my convertible......I’d rather not live.

One of the great things about WS is that we can ponder theories and opinions. Until more comes out from LE we don't have all the facts, so it is interesting to discuss possible motives etc.

I don't know if we'll ever know the truth about PF's motives, unless he comes clean at trial which I doubt.

It appears to me PF lives to control situations, this would include hurting and abusing animals that didn't comply with him.

It may also be a passive-aggressive way to not give KB's family and loved ones closure, letting them search for KB's remains. Its sadistic. He's already been charged with murder so why can't he do the decent thing and tell LE where her body or body parts are? Because he enjoys being in control, imho.

Unless LE starts CT-scanning the brains of these monsters it would be hard to find a definite cause.

I think these killers are defective, lack impulse control and it would be interesting for medical science to examine their brains for lesions etc.

moo

edited for grammar and a new sentence.

Last edited:
I totally get you, tysm. I don’t find baby K being at a rodeo odd. Every cowboy I’ve ever known can’t wait to get their kid in the saddle.
I just can’t find proof he is a destitute cowboy desperately wanting custody of a baby to appease his elderly mom.
I also don’t find it unusual, that he lives with his mom.
She likely needs the help with the farm. So, it’s a win win for all, IMO

Was his brother in court? Anyone? I only got a glimpse of his mother, sitting alone. How horrible. I’m sure, as we always see, she “knows” LE has it all wrong.

I don't know how to explain it, but at some photos PF seems almost clueless of confused. What is transpiring so far, the story, the versions, the charges, are so strange that perhaps we'll never understand the reason behind his actions.

Weirdness abound.

If he was planning it for a few months, it means he did not even look into any alternative option, except for "kill".

Again I'm wondering if KB discovered something PF was up to or had committed in the past (never to see the 'light of day' type thing); and he was willing to give up everything, in order to keep parts of his life hidden ?
Someone can have a stellar life with no record at all , and still be guilty of deeds which haven't been unearthed.
MOO

I’ve wondered this, too. He might have know she was at Safeway. We never did get video of her in the parking lot, did we? Why was that withheld? So PF would go about his biz? Thinking LE didn’t know certain things?
There have been several ideas tossed around as to why we were never shown her exiting Safeway. First one... the only reason they released the video in the first place was to show her likeness & establish the last time she was for sure seen & what she was wearing. Second.. possibly did not release exit video may have been because it showed what she purchased & LE needed to keep that quiet. I had a third.... but it flew out of my brain as I was typing...:confused:

There have been several ideas tossed around as to why we were never shown her exiting Safeway. First one... the only reason they released the video in the first place was to show her likeness & establish the last time she was for sure seen & what she was wearing. Second.. possibly did not release exit video may have been because it showed what she purchased & LE needed to keep that quiet. I had a third.... but it flew out of my brain as I was typing...:confused:

The third, for me, was he in the lot? And, they did not wish him to know. When they questioned him, that could have been lie #1. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseR