CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this has already been posted, but starting around the 2:45 mark of this HLN video, the reporter outside of the Teller County Courthouse today said that Patrick Frazee’s sister has also filed a motion seeking custody of the baby.

HLN

That does seem to be an incorrect title above the news video (so far).

News sites sometimes prepare titles and articles in advance of upcoming stories. We have seen this sort of mistake before in other cases.

This is what I was wondering. Maybe we'll have confirmation of an arrest soon. Or could just be an error in the headline.

So Imo it could be that he was dating IW (Idaho Woman) first? Maybe KB got pregnant and moved closer and it ruined his freedom? Maybe he liked the long distance relationships. I wonder if IW knew about KB for very long. I wonder if KB knew about IW.

MOO

Not quite.
He drove to Washington State to help KB move.
And KB did not get pregnant until months after she moved.
I do think it's possible he could have thought he could keep things casual with KB in Colorado and still sleep around with women in other states though-- until KB having the baby meant she wasn't going to be easy to get out of his life and there was pressure from all sides to get married. Also, perhaps his mom was attached to the baby but maybe he feared KB would take the baby out of state if he told her he didn't want to marry her. So perhaps breaking up with KB became hard to do. I think he took the cowards way out and murdered her rather than tell her he wasn't going to marry her (or rather than telling someone else he hadn't broken off the engagement with KB).
JMO.

Was PF Kelsey's first serious boyfriend?
I think almost every woman knows deep down if her partner is cheating on her or not.

Judging from KB's Instagram category of Bible verses and inspirational
quotes, she was really struggling with the situation with Patrick and trying to steel herself.

She may have been naive, but I know she was trying to do what was best for her child. Who would think that a guy she met on a Christian rancher dating website was going to murder her?

Her Instagram is under her name.
IMO
Where was it reported that they met on a Christian rancher dating website? KB's uncle said they met "online." As far as I'm aware, we don't even know it was a dating website, let alone which one.
MOO

Last edited:
IF P did solicit his apparent nurse friend, I wonder if he thought she might have access to an Rx to inject K with? Or, if bc of her medical knowledge, she might be an asset......just thinking.

SPECULATION ONLY
SABBM

Re. the bolded bit ^^^ Yes, that's what PF most likely wants people to think. That this woman was just a random acquaintance on FB or some social media.

Lol, the DM states they were dating for months-- hence some sort of relationship.
Patrick Frazee 'was having an affair for months' with Idaho nurse | Daily Mail Online

Neither of those individuals knew exactly when the relationship started, but they believed it could have been as early as 2016 - prior to the birth of Frazee's daughter with Kelsey Berreth.
One of the the people DailyMail.com spoke with also said that the nurse was in Colorado around Thanksgiving.
That would explain how Frazee was able to get the cell phone to Idaho while never leaving the state.

And both PF's friend and his mother are RN's -- so they'd know their way around medications and which ones are more effective.
However LE seems to believe Kelsey may have been murdered at her own home; so maybe there's some physical evidence such as blood, etc.?

So not a debilitating agent such as Succinylcholine ? (That was used in the murder of Larry McNabney ?)

Speculation as we don't know how much this friend knew.

But it doesn't look good. Predicting there could be more arrests coming soon.
Very hard on Kelsey's family-- they don't even have their loved daughter and sister to lay to rest ;and now have to fight PF's mother for Kelsey's baby. :(

Last edited:
I am certain it will be eventually. They had only asked for another week, which is just a few days away so it certainly will. It's not like the DA is refusing to share the information ever to PF. And the reason for the delay is certainly viable IMO. It certainly will not effect PF's defense by having it delayed a few days to protect witnesses.

I was wrong when I told @SandyQLS that they'd given the defense the affidavit. I knew it had been sealed but I didn't know they were keeping it from the defense!

The remedy for wanting to protect witnesses is not keeping the affidavit sealed from he defendant.

I don't see how they can prepare for a prelim without the defendant seeing it.

Those federal cases where unique and highly questionable.

I do not believe that will fly here.

Where was it reported that they met on a Christian rancher dating website? KB's uncle said they met "online." As far as I'm aware, we don't know it was a dating website.
MOO

Edited to reflect that I'd also read that they'd met on a dating site (KB and PF); but other msm sources just say 'online'.

Sorry if I don't 'trust' many news sources. :p

Last edited:
So you have had experience with a case in which the defense attorney was given an arrest affidavit, but forbidden by the court to share it with his client?

No I have personally not. But just because I have not, does not mean the prosecution’s case is “full of holes” or that there is now suddenly grounds for appeal. The guy hasn’t even been arraigned yet! To insinuate that because PF wasn’t overnighted a copy of his arrest affidavit straight to his cell means the case is weak, is to insinuate that the judge here has no clue what they’re doing. They are privy to all the info, just as the LEA and DA all are.

These cases don’t happen overnight. This isn’t Law and Order. There are processes and timetables for everything. PF will get everything he’s entitled to. Literally and figuratively speaking.

I would think that one has to walk a tightrope in cases such as this. It is bedrock in our legal system for the accused to be considered innocent until proven guilty. So a presumption of innocence there would be incompatible with a presumption that the accused’s family is somehow too flawed to be able to give the child the best care. Once a jury has rendered a verdict, then it’s a whole new ballgame in terms of custody. But we are far away from that, and PF is still considered innocent in the eyes of the law.

His desires aren't what the court focuses on. They focus on the best interest of the child and in dependency cases they tend to rely heavily on what social services' lawyers recommend.

Whether that's right or wrong.

But I will get more info about cases in which an incarcerated parent is not yet found guilty but can't get out within a year of commencement of the case.

Just a word of warning, the Daily Mail UK requently makes reporting errors. In a recent case, DM said someone had been murdered. I knew for a fact the person was still alive because I am friends with someone in the family.

But you woud think ABC would have their act together.

I’m not sure if it was ever mentioned, but did ANYONE from PF’s family EVER publicly ask for help, attend any vigils, etc when KB was reported missing?

The mother of your granddaughter/niece is missing and you don’t care enough to either try to look for her, post missing fliers, etc BUT NOW you want visitation or custody rights?

Can a judge look at that? If they didn’t care enough to publicize that she was missing, how do you know that they would speak kindly of KB to the baby if they were to get visitation or custody rights? It’s just so strange. IMO

I certainly hope this is brought up at Custody.
As SF showed no interest in Kelsey's disappearance, or reaching out to the Berreth family, this is important.
Would SF care enough about KB in interactions with the child.
MOO.

There just doesn't seem to be any good ending to this. I was curious what would happen if a parent terminates parental rights in regards to responsibilities. For example would he still have to provide financial support for her? Would she have any rights to his assets?

You mean if a parent gives up his rights? In many states that can't happen unless there is another person willing to step in. A step-parent. In most states the other parent has to agree. Someone can't just avoid responsibility by giving up their rights.

In most states once their rights have been terminated the child has no right to support or to inheritance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RETI20