CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #22 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick Frazee’s Mother Intervening in Custody Fight Over His and Kelsey Berreth’s 1-Year-Old Daughter
The mother of accused murderer Patrick Frazee was in court Thursday to fight over custody of the 1-year-old daughter the defendant shared with his missing fiancée Kelsey Berreth.

Berreth’s parents won custody of the 1-year-old child last week in an emergency hearing. That battle is not over. Frazee’s mother wants a say in the matter. His mother filed a motion to intervene.

Journalists were kicked out of the courtroom, so it wasn’t immediately clear what happened in court. As in last week’s emergency hearing, Thursday’s appearance ended without a decision, though one is expected later.

You don’t KNOW that it will be shared. That is what is going to be argued tomorrow. And the defense attorney has had the affidavit in his possession since shortly before the arrest, but he’s had to withhold it from PF because of the prosecution’s pending motion, which is extremely rare according to legal experts:

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/02/patrick-frazee-arrest-warrant-withheld-constitutional-rights/
I am certain it will be eventually. They had only asked for another week, which is just a few days away so it certainly will. It's not like the DA is refusing to share the information ever to PF. And the reason for the delay is certainly viable IMO. It certainly will not effect PF's defense by having it delayed a few days to protect witnesses.

Something smells in Twin Falls

Possible evidence in Kelsey Berreth investigation found in Idaho

: December 23, 2018
"Federal agents and local law enforcement officials in Twin Falls, Idaho, have served several search warrants and “processed some items of evidence” related to the disappearance of Woodland Park mother Kelsey Berreth, Twin Falls police said in a statement.

On Dec. 15, the FBI contacted Twin Falls police and sheriff’s office to request assistance in the ongoing investigation into Berreth’s disappearance, police said in the release. Officials did not provide any details into what evidence may have been found or where authorities had served the search warrants.

Sheriff Tom Carter and Chief Craig Kingsbury said in a joint statement, “We are pleased our organizations were able to provide the assistance and support requested by the FBI, CBI, and the Woodland Park Police Department.”

“processed some items of evidence”
I wonder if along with her phone, she tried to dispose of her purse, too. To me, this sounds like more than one piece of evidence (phone).

Lol, I guess I’m thinking of “sole” custody.
Do we know if there is a formal agreement between K & P & the certificate of birth, if he’s listed, etc? I’ve not seen such docs’, but don’t have time to read every post. Tysm

No evidence of court action. I'm making what I think to be the logical assumption that he is on the birth certificate and signed a voluntary declaration of parnernity at the hospital.

They appeared to have co-patented and shared the care of their child.

My sense is he no longer wanted to share. His mama never had to share him with a woman and he didn't want to share his child with a woman. That's my suspicion.

You don’t KNOW that it will be shared. That is what is going to be argued tomorrow. And the defense attorney has had the affidavit in his possession since shortly before the arrest, but he’s had to withhold it from PF because of the prosecution’s pending motion, which is extremely rare according to legal experts:

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/02/patrick-frazee-arrest-warrant-withheld-constitutional-rights/
Yes. we don't know if the arrest warrant will be released. Tomorrow is the hearing whether it will be released or not.

The judge seems very concerned about PF's right to a fair trial and that withholding the arrest warrant from him is not legal. I have a
feeling she will rule that Patrick should be shown the arrest warrant
but that it should not be released to the public.

I also think we could see arrests tonight or tomorrow of the other people involved in the murder.

IMO

EDIT: I think the attorney hasn’t seen the affidavit, either.
That article makes it sound like this guy is sitting in a cell with no idea what he's been charged with, which is complete hyperbole. Frazee is well aware of the charges and if he and his lawyer are in any doubt, it's murder, solicitation of murder (3 counts) and robbery.

Patrick Frazee may have been involved with Idaho nurse BEFORE Kelsey Berreth gave birth to their daughter; sources say mystery woman was in Colorado on Thanksgiving
A new report suggests that accused killer Patrick Frazee may have been involved with a woman believed to be a key witness — or possibly an accomplice — in the presumed murder of Kelsey Berreth long before the Colorado mother disappeared.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, multiple sources have said that authorities are investigating a woman in Idaho in connection to the case. She is reportedly a nurse from Twin Falls, and she has not been publicly identified. ABC News reported that the woman is believed to have played a role in the disposal of Berreth’s cell phone. The phone pinged outside of Gooding, Idaho, about 40 miles from Twin Falls, on November 25, three days after Berreth went missing.

The Daily Mail reportedly spoke to two people who have worked with the Idaho woman, and they said that she and Frazee had been involved for quite some time, possibly as far back as 2016 and before Frazee and Berreth’s daughter was born. The unnamed sources said that Frazee met the woman at a rodeo.

One of the sources reportedly said that the Idaho woman had traveled to Colorado over the Thanksgiving holiday, speculating that she likely took the cell phone with her back to Idaho.

His desires won't mean much when compared with what DHS recommends, in my experience. However, I haven't had any direct experience with a dependency case in which an incarcerated but not yet guilty party is actively involved. Usually they're not showing up.

I posted a link a couple days ago as to the process that these cases go through and what happens and how a parent's rights can be terminated.

I will do some research when I have time as to whether there are any differences when a parent is incarcerated but not yet found guilty.

There have been some big cases in other states about this issue. One in particular involved a child who was ultimately taken from the functional and well to do family in TN that had been raising her after the mother got into drugs and dad was incarcerated. The child was eventually given back to the father she did not know, and moved to I think Nebraska or Missouri, to live with him, when he was released from prison.

But the case did focus on termination of parental rights when a parent is inacerated. It went to the Tennessee Supreme Court. And maybe beyond.

But let's see if these cases are handled differently in CO.
I would think that one has to walk a tightrope in cases such as this. It is bedrock in our legal system for the accused to be considered innocent until proven guilty. So a presumption of innocence there would be incompatible with a presumption that the accused’s family is somehow too flawed to be able to give the child the best care. Once a jury has rendered a verdict, then it’s a whole new ballgame in terms of custody. But we are far away from that, and PF is still considered innocent in the eyes of the law.

No evidence of court action. I'm making what I think to be the logical assumption that he is on the birth certificate and signed a voluntary declaration of parnernity at the hospital.

They appeared to have co-patented and shared the care of their child.

My sense is he no longer wanted to share. His mama never had to share him with a woman and he didn't want to share his child with a woman. That's my suspicion.

Just wanted to say thank you! Your legal insight and experience is invaluable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clementine123?