CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #26 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t doubt there might be another arrest, but if there is another principle to the murder that they know of, and I feel that they would by now, they would’ve arrested him/her. Accessories before or after, for example, might still be coming.

I’m thinking another arrest has happened, but not a murder charge (yet), and reporters can’t link jail intake to Berreth crime. No?

Anyone know how to find & bring Joey Jackson’s HLN discussion to this thread? He was on the 2pm (est) show.
He discussed the civil suit. Tia

I have permission from Tricia to post this and she notified the other MODs so please do not report or delete – thanks!

Last week I mentioned on the forum I was going to take my drones to the WP, Divide and Florisasant area to film some of the area to get a little better idea of what we are discussing. I contacted Teller County Parks and Rec just to verify there wasn’t an issue flying out of Memorial which is less than 2 blocks from KB’s place.

Below are links to 360-degree panos of PF’s ranch, KB’s place, 2 of the Pike National forest very close to him so you can see the kind of terrain we are talking about and 1 of Cripple Creek. To view the panos it is better on a tablet or pc/laptop and not a phone due to the size of the screen of a phone but some people view on a phone. On a tablet open the link in your web browser and you should just be able to turn the tablet up, down, left or right to view all around. You can zoom in. On a PC/laptop open the link in a web browser and left click and HOLD THE LEFT MOUSE BUTTON DOWN and drag any direction and let the mouse button up. You can drag in any direction, to zoom in/out use the mouse wheel. You should be able to see unbelievable detail if you have a decent screen/graphics card. Feel free to share the pano links with anyone as they are hosted by the company that assembles my panos and not my cloud.

Here are the pano links…

PF Ranch Pano - Hangar 360 photos from around the world.

Pano of KB's place - Hangar 360 photos from around the world.

Teller County Pike National Forest Pano - Hangar 360 photos from around the world.

Teller County Pike National Forest Pano Backside - Hangar 360 photos from around the world.

Cripple Creek Pano - Hangar 360 photos from around the world.

I am also including some various pictures I took throughout the 2 days I was playing with my drones.

Enjoy
Great job! Thank you for sharing these.

I thought the same with CW after learning he had searched for Oxy 2X & the search was reportedly deleted.
Maybe CO does not test unless the signs are obvious. If they thought someone to be “high” & a danger to himself or others, they’d want to house him separately, imo.
The morning PF was arrested, imo, he did not appear to be under the influence of any narcotic. Jmo

I think he is under the influence of himself.

I have permission from Tricia to post this and she notified the other MODs so please do not report or delete – thanks!

Last week I mentioned on the forum I was going to take my drones to the WP, Divide and Florisasant area to film some of the area to get a little better idea of what we are discussing. I contacted Teller County Parks and Rec just to verify there wasn’t an issue flying out of Memorial which is less than 2 blocks from KB’s place.

Below are links to 360-degree panos of PF’s ranch, KB’s place, 2 of the Pike National forest very close to him so you can see the kind of terrain we are talking about and 1 of Cripple Creek. To view the panos it is better on a tablet or pc/laptop and not a phone due to the size of the screen of a phone but some people view on a phone. On a tablet open the link in your web browser and you should just be able to turn the tablet up, down, left or right to view all around. You can zoom in. On a PC/laptop open the link in a web browser and left click and HOLD THE LEFT MOUSE BUTTON DOWN and drag any direction and let the mouse button up. You can drag in any direction, to zoom in/out use the mouse wheel. You should be able to see unbelievable detail if you have a decent screen/graphics card. Feel free to share the pano links with anyone as they are hosted by the company that assembles my panos and not my cloud.

The street level shots I took with my Gopro as I walked around the front and back of her house to make certain no one was there as you just don't fly a drone, even at 400' over a victim's house if there is evidence the family is there. The images I had to resize to upload so you definitely want to view the panos as they will show you unbelievable detail. Panos are made with between 24-30 hi-res images stitched together.

Here are the pano links…

Teller County Pike National Forest Pano - Hangar 360 photos from around the world.

Teller County Pike National Forest Pano Backside - Hangar 360 photos from around the world.

I am also including some various pictures I took throughout the 2 days I was playing with my drones.

Enjoy
Absolutely amazing captures, Ricky. Thank you so much for all your time and effort!
MOO

I totally agree, although makes me wonder why they DUG on his property at first. What did they hope to find in digging? Not ashes I'm sure.

In the first images of his property at the first search, I thought I saw two items that looked roughly like 55-gallon drums standing upright (ie possible burn barrels) in the area that later got dug up. Can't find it now. But when I went back to look at the initial news report of the search, I definitely see a wheelbarrow, I think upside down, in that area. Hmm and double hmm...

In the first images of his property at the first search, I thought I saw two items that looked roughly like 55-gallon drums standing upright (ie possible burn barrels) in the area that later got dug up. Can't find it now. But when I went back to look at the initial news report of the search, I definitely see a wheelbarrow, I think upside down, in that area. Hmm and double hmm...
Everything looks ominous in retrospect.

The fact remains that this was a “ranch,” and barrels and wheelbarrows would be expected there.

I think that CO would have been too dangerous in case the baby ended up at the scene as well. I keep going back to the search of the house and what they took out of the house and I can't think of any reason except for blood splatter, etc. Also the timing re the announcement that they felt strongly she was dead was tied to the search of her house. We will see what happens..
I agree about the search of the house. My feeling is that when LE first entered her house, they weren't prepared to collect evidence, they were just checking the home. It could be PF's story seemed logical at first, but after she didn't show up, they got a search warrant for her house. Some evidence they found made them come back and search specific places. That evidence was probably some swab that didn't look too promising at first. They went back to use luminol and probably other evidentiary tools. They might have also found something in his truck that was important. Maybe there were similar hairs in the truck and her house that didn't belong to PF or KB. Maybe there was a bleached towel at the dump that matched the ones in PF's house. MOO.

I think the original attorney was replaced because of cost. PF simply could not afford a private attorney to defend him when a public defender is available.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question or if it's been answered somewhere and I've missed it, but will PF have the same attorney, then, for the criminal AND civil trials?

It's how wheelbarrows are stored, upside down. If you leave them outside right side up, they collect water if it rains and rust. On a farm they're like pens and pencils in the home, you find them everywhere.

<snip>

Wow!!! These are fantastic and provide great reference! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree about the search of the house. My feeling is that when LE first entered her house, they weren't prepared to collect evidence, they were just checking the home. It could be PF's story seemed logical at first, but after she didn't show up, they got a search warrant for her house. Some evidence they found made them come back and search specific places. That evidence was probably some swab that didn't look too promising at first. They went back to use luminol and probably other evidentiary tools. They might have also found something in his truck that was important. Maybe there were similar hairs in the truck and her house that didn't belong to PF or KB. Maybe there was a bleached towel at the dump that matched the ones in PF's house. MOO.
Didn't one report say that something that happened in ID made them go back and take a closer look at KB's home? Pommy do you remember that, or was I dreaming?

The street level shots I took with my Gopro as I walked around the front and back of her house to make certain no one was there as you just don't fly a drone, even at 400' over a victim's house if there is evidence the family is there. The images I had to resize to upload so you definitely want to view the panos as they will show you unbelievable detail. Panos are made with between 24-30 hi-res images stitched together.

Here are the pano links…

Enjoy

Thanks for all of the info.p retiredricky
(I tried putting in your entire name and spellcheck changed it a lot! Sorry)
Thanks for approving this Tricia...perhaps this can be added to the beginning of each thread for easy access.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a civil case, you can still assert your 5th amendment right to not incriminate yourself. The problem with that is that your assertion of the 5th amendment could result in an adverse inference against you in that civil case or another civil case.

In a criminal case, your silence cannot be used against you.

In the Jason Young case, it wasn't that he didn't answer questions or that he asserted the 5th amendment privilege in the civil cases, he never responded to the cases, resulting in default judgments.

His silence and failure to respond should not have been allowed to be used against him in his criminal case, but his lawyers did not properly object when that evidence was offered at his trial. The NC Supreme Court ultimately ruled that by not properly objecting, he had waived the issue.

A jury notices when a criminal defendant does not testify, despite the 5th Amendment right against self incrimination.

Anyone know how to find & bring Joey Jackson’s HLN discussion to this thread? He was on the 2pm (est) show.
He discussed the civil suit. Tia
I checked HLN's FB and Twitter. They're generally posted to one or the other but I don't see it.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question or if it's been answered somewhere and I've missed it, but will PF have the same attorney, then, for the criminal AND civil trials?
No, he has a public defender for the criminal case and will have to hire a private attorney for the wrongful death lawsuit.
Didn't one report say that something that happened in ID made them go back and take a closer look at KB's home? Pommy do you remember that, or was I dreaming?
I'm sorry, I don't remember that.
MOO

BBM
I get that baby K is his child as well, but if he forcibly takes her from the mother that could still be parental abduction, see Amber Alerts all the time about that.

ETA: Delete post within a post
True, but it's usually a non-custodial parent. I think they didn't charge him with kidnapping because before KB's death there was no court adjudicated custody decision and it would have been very weak tea. He's more likely to end up in prison for not paying income taxes if he is not reporting some of his income. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member