CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #26 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if the family calls it a ranchette, but it is the proper term for a small ranch.

ranchette
noun
ranch·ette | \ˌranˈchet\
plural -s
Definition of ranchette

: a small ranch

Definition of RANCHETTE
Thanks Pommy! The following isn't directed towards you but in general.

IMO I can almost guarantee the F family does not refer to it as a ranchette. It is simply their ranch headquarters. They keep their cattle elsewhere. Imo

Does the F family call their home a “ranchette”? Or is this a WS dig at what is a small ranch/large farm? I am not familiar but it sounds snide to me?

Also...had not heard that his father died a few months back. That often has a huge impact on people, not always in a healthy way. I have known adults who fell apart completely...my parents died six months apart and that about did me in, though not murderously so. But life altering to be sure and in my case, caused to kind of tip me into a sort of depression/isolation that it took years to emerge from.

It’s definitely a profound experience. My dad and I have never been close but he’s just been admitted to inpatient hospice and it’s got my emotions all over the map.

Not homicidal though...

Does the F family call their home a “ranchette”? Or is this a WS dig at what is a small ranch/large farm? I am not familiar but it sounds snide to me?

Also...had not heard that his father died a few months back. That often has a huge impact on people, not always in a healthy way. I have known adults who fell apart completely...my parents died six months apart and that about did me in, though not murderously so. But life altering to be sure and in my case, caused to kind of tip me into a sort of depression/isolation that it took years to emerge from.

It is not a dig at all and is a common term as @PommyMommy and @MassGuy pointed out. It is very common here in CO for ranches 60-80 acres or less.

ranchette (plural ranchettes) A small ranch or large home lot, often on the outskirts of a major metropolitan area and just past the planned neighborhoods, consisting of 40 acres and a house and possibly a barn or other outbuildings.
ranchette - Wiktionary

Guessing it’s a funny dig ! Like the “McMansion” I was told I live in... both hilarious, and made me laugh ...

It’s definitely a profound experience. My dad and I have never been close but he’s just been admitted to inpatient hospice and it’s got my emotions all over the map.

Not homicidal though...
So very sorry about your dad. Whether you are close or not, it is still a hard thing to go through.

Not homicidal though...
I'm so very sorry. I have been through it, as have many I'm sure. Reach out to friends, that's what got me through it.

It is not a dig at all and is a common term as @PommyMommy and @MassGuy pointed out. It is very common here in CO for ranches 60-80 acres or less.

ranchette (plural ranchettes) A small ranch or large home lot, often on the outskirts of a major metropolitan area and just past the planned neighborhoods, consisting of 40 acres and a house and possibly a barn or other outbuildings.
ranchette - Wiktionary
Can I just say if I owned 35 acres, I would feel it was huge! I would love to own a ranchette. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings one bit for someone to call it whatever they wished. And 35 acres in CO would be fabulous! If only...

I have to admit, I do hope they have found her and if not, they do soon. I hope for closure for her family and also more solid forensic evidence.

Same

I can't imagine them disposing of her in this way though, for some reason. I keep thinking 2 months is a long time to plan... although, maybe it's really not. Maybe 2 months isn't long at all to build a "perfect" plan.

Not sure why we should hope this body is not hers...she needs to be found?
You're right, of course... This is horrible any way you look at it, but my gut rxn to it perhaps being KB found there was just a sick feeling at it being such a trashy, abandoned place.... although, I guess I wouldn't really feel any better if she'd been left in a beautiful valley, either... it really is horrible any way you look at it...

Same

I can't imagine them disposing of her in this way though, for some reason. I keep thinking 2 months is a long time to plan... although, maybe it's really not. Maybe 2 months isn't long at all to build a "perfect" plan.

I also think things went wrong. So far the “plan” seems like 3-4 plans spliced together. Robbery, her missing after leaving on a trip, but cars still at her house, etc. MOO

You're right, of course... This is horrible any way you look at it, but my gut rxn to it perhaps being KB found there was just a sick feeling at it being such a trashy, abandoned place.... although, I guess I wouldn't really feel any better if she'd been left in a beautiful valley, either... it really is horrible any way you look at it...
I don’t think there would be much of a body after two months, the vultures and general decay would have destroyed it. I just assume someone dumped a body there recently. So sad.

"AGUILAR, Colo. - The Las Animas County Sheriff's Office and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation are investigating human remains that were found near the town of Aguilar on Sunday.

Deputies responded to the call of remains discovered in the area near an abandoned truck stop at exit 34 on Interstate 25 just after 3:00 p.m.

The coroner will work to identify the remains and determine the cause of death."

CBI inevstigates human remains found near Aguilar

The CBI is involved.

Same

Yes, 2 months is a long time to plan. However, amateurs are most likely involved. So, once the deed is done. They scramble to dispose of the main evidence. Sadly, KB.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I wondered that as well. But I did notice early on with the drone footage that his horse trailer was much larger than his red Toyota could pull. So, the most recent drone footage does show from ricky, sorry can't remember your full user name, on his property there is a white Ford full sized truck with a flat bed trailer (water tank on it). And I think I had read in one of the MSM articles regarding the day at the dump, he was driving a white truck. So, yes I believe you are correct. He has his red Toyota. But do we know he actually owns the other vehicles? Could be in his mom's name as well as the other vehicles. We don't really know. It seems LE was only focused on taking the red Toyota.
Yes, @retiredrickyinCO pano shows a white flatbed truck (or maybe Western hauler) with a gooseneck trailer attached. He can pull just about anything with this truck. I was interested in whether this was a water tank or a septic tank (although this might be too big). Could it be a septic tank to replace whatever was in that big hole? Or do people bring these in to capture extra water, maybe for the livestock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member