CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #27 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if that is KK's best friend and people on FB learned that then people on FB will do what people on FB do - harass, threaten, etc. anybody that they can find associated with KK. Same thing happened to anyone that knew PF. Happens in most cases that make the news. Sometimes the FBers get the wrong person and trash them completely including their friends. It is all part of mob rules.
That's horrible. I had no idea it was that crazy.

"The employee explained her best friend, now identified as Krystal Lee, allegedly told her that "a man had asked her to kill the mother of his child.""

So, PF didn't just ask for help, he asked KK to do the deed. idk wtf
I wonder why they didn’t go to the FBI in October? The FBI could have spoken to KK then and maybe KB would still be alive.

Totally disagree on that, respectfully. This couple did not come forward when they connected the dots...they only did so when their employee was harrassed. They did not come forward for KB or her mother or for Lil K.....but eventually for a harassed employee. A

Could they have come forward for the reward? Or do you only get that if KBs body is found?

Totally disagree on that, respectfully. This couple did not come forward when they connected the dots...they only did so when their employee was harrassed. They did not come forward for KB or her mother or for Lil K.....but eventually for a harassed employee. A
They contacted the FBI when they connected the dots. They did the news interview because their employee was being harassed. At least, that's how I understand it.
MOO

Except the friend apparently found it to be upsetting enough to tell her employer. The friend seems to have taken it as more then blowing of steam.
KK tells the friend. The friend tells her employers. The employers tell the FBI. How much is lost in translation, including emotional reactions of each party down the line?

ETA. AND, it all started with a "request" from PF.

I find it sad that if even one of these people had gone to the police maybe, just maybe, Kelsey would still be alive and her little girl would still have her mom. It’s incomprehensible to me that no one said anything.

Sad yes, but IMO maybe the bff and her employers had no idea PF was serious in what he asked KK until they saw KB was missing and put it together, that’s what it sounds like. I think the only one that could have saved KB was KK.

I believe it's important to note that PF's alleged request last October for KK to kill KB could easily have been construed by KK as PF blowing off steam -- and not legally considered criminal solicitation! After KB was killed, any statement(s) clearly took on new meaning, including meeting the charge of criminal solicitation pursuant to 18-201-301 C.R.S. MOO

He wouldn’t be soliciting first degree murder after she was dead. Clearly his solicitations came before, so they met the criteria for the charges.

I believe it's important to note that PF's alleged request last October for KK to kill KB could easily have been construed by KK as PF blowing off steam -- and not legally considered criminal solicitation! After KB was killed, any statement(s) clearly took on new meaning, including meeting the charge of criminal solicitation pursuant to 18-201-301 C.R.S. MOO
Yes, and from what I read, I thought that KK did not tell her friend PF's name. So how could she, or the employers, go to police with this information? It's not like you can call LE and say, "my friend told me that some guy asked her to kill his wife. I don't know if she was serious, but maybe you should look into it." They may have worked it out after the murder, but even then they couldn't be sure. Imo

Blame the jerk PF and his side piece.

They are the HORRIBLE ppl. Jmo.
I blame all of them...make no mistake. They ALL played a part. ANY one of them could have stepped up and lil K would still have her mommy...CB would still have her daughter...and KB would be alive and free to enjoy a healthy life with both of them.

PSA: If anyone should find themselves in a situation like this, tell the police right away. Also, do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to find out the identity of the person whose life is being threatened. Then, CALL HER!! Warn HER (or him). Police can drop the ball. Memos get missed.

But if someone alerts me that someone wants me dead. I don’t care how impossible it may seem, I’m going to listen up! And take appropriate action.

Ugh. This just drives me crazy. Sure, there are false alarms out there. Situations can be exaggerated. But when you hear that someone has asked your friend (or employee’s friend) to kill another person. Do something!!!

MOO

ETA: Did I hear the reporter ask this woman if she thinks of herself as a hero?? SMH. I don’t mean to imply that there is a 100% chance this couple (or employee) could have prevented this tragedy. But plain and simple, more should have been done.
Always better to err on the side of caution. I certainly would want to be warned...Knowledge is power.

@Gardenista said:
That's about a client, though. KK would not have been his client. Seems to me like an attorney would have a duty to report like other mandated reporters.
KK might have been a client. We don't know. The employee bff worked at a law firm.
In the interview, it was stated that the whistle blower requested KK come speak to him about comment she confided to her friend, and she never did. If the whistle blower is an attorney, he knows the law, and how the alleged comment last October may have been one party blowing off steam, and may not be criminal solicitation. It seems that KK herself pushed forward this theory by asking her friend to forget it (i.e., he was blowing off steam). After KB was killed, any statements obviously took on new meaning and really were criminal solicitation. In all fairness to people being blamed for not warning LE about a planned murder, it may not be that cut and dry. I believe most will be shown to be more victims of PF, and I'm waiting on more information before painting them all with one tainted brush. MOO

ETA: Verbally soliciting a crime is not enough. There must be additional evidence of circumstances that show you had the specific intent to promote or facilitate that crime. 18-2-301 C.R.S

Last edited:
Rather common.

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.
Wow! Doesn't that say it all!

Except the friend apparently found it to be upsetting enough to tell her employer. The friend seems to have taken it as more then blowing of steam.
At what point did the friend tell her employer? Was it after the murder when she learned about the crime and who was involved or was it before? I missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member