CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a baker so I have no idea how long it takes to make cinnamon rolls from scratch but I read another post describe the process which can be legnghty. Quick google search is anywhere from 1 to 3 1/2 hours. If she got the ingredients early afternoon when she was spotted I would assume making and baking them would’ve taken most of the afternoon after getting home, unpacking etc. It would be interesting to know what she purchased for that reason.

Just trying to establish time frame....

Thanks for looking this up. I would just add it is also possible that Kelsey didn’t make the rolls that day. Although she was last reported seen on Thanksgiving, we don’t know for sure when she disappeared. She could have stayed in for a couple days and therefore not seen anyone, and then left for a trip or was abducted/met with foul play 2+ days later.

Hey Everyone,

If someone is posting as if they have inside information it is OK if you post the link to the verification process.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Also, if it looks like a thread is getting out of hand there are a good number of people who have my cell number. You can text or call anytime if you feel a thread need immediate attention. That's what happened a few hours ago and I really appreciate the member how sent me the text.
Thank you one and all.
The thread is open for posting
Thank you @Tricia

Does anyone else think it is odd that as soon as the statement is released KB's mom does an interview...and speaks so so highly of the fiance?

I think the whole case is odd, so yes. :) But I accept that both families and especially the investigators have more information than us.

It is completely possible that they have reason to believe Kelsey left on her own accord or in the company of another party. LE may have even shared such info with mom, but is strategically limiting what they say to the media either to protect Kelsey’s privacy or to decrease the risk of harm coming to her.

It’s also of course possible they are all just trying to make the fiancé comfortable so they can observe him.

I am finally catching up on this case and just wanted to address something from the previous thread...someone made a comment about how innocent people don't need attorneys. I won't offer speculation against anyone that's against TOS, but re: the attorney bit, there's no way I'd talk to the police without an attorney if something like this was near me. Whether I was guilty or not, those close to the victim are always under suspicion and I've seen way too many true crime shows to attempt questioning without legal advice. I don't care if lawyering up made me look guilty or not. I'd do pressers, coordinate searches, and talk to anyone who wanted to question me-but if LE was present, my attorney would be as well.

With that said, I believe that someone close to her has a lot of answers that are currently sought. And, unfortunately, I don't believe she's alive.
I fear I agree with you. I think I would need help. However, as for PF he did NONE of the above except lawyer up. Makes my hinky meter for off the charts.

I fear I agree with you. I think I would need help. However, as for PF he did NONE of the above except lawyer up. Makes my hinky meter for off the charts.

Oh yeah, totally. Mine is off the charts, too. I guess what I was saying is that I don't think it's weird to lawyer up, I think everyone should speak to an attorney when you're being questioned about something serious like this, but that doesn't mean that I don't think a lot of other things that have happened aren't weird. :)

Thanks for looking this up. I would just add it is also possible that Kelsey didn’t make the rolls that day. Although she was last reported seen on Thanksgiving, we don’t know for sure when she disappeared. She could have stayed in for a couple days and therefore not seen anyone, and then left for a trip or was abducted/met with foul play 2+ days later.
Ok...... It was only "reported" by the fiance he picked the baby up on the 22nd..... So let's say that isn't true, she could have made them as late at the 24th....

Ok...... It was only "reported" by the fiance he picked the baby up on the 22nd..... So let's say that isn't true, she could have made them as late at the 24th....
Or, I wonder...even if it is true, could she have exchanged the baby on Thanksgiving Day, and then just returned to her house for the weekend. Either because she was no longer really in relationship with the fiancé, because she got in a disagreement with him, or because she had other plans that haven’t been made public...

Hey friends,

I have a couple thoughts related to this.

I only choose to follow a few cases on Websleuthers, so that I have the time to read every single post from start to finish.

But I understand that not everyone has the time to do this. Some pop in here and there and don’t see the whole conversations as it’s evolving—which discrepancies are already solved, or which data has been verified, for example.

It would help if we could be gracious to people who just pop in, even if they have old or bad information. For example, we could point them to the post where this information is resolved.:)

I also think, if you are just popping in and haven’t been following the entire case, it might make sense not to argue your point until you’ve caught up and can be sure you’re not making the whole group go in unneeded circles.

That said, there’s some misinformation in the media right now. And to be honest, that happens in more cases than we wish.

Some news outlets, for example, originally reported that Kelsey’s mom said she loved her “dog.” But since then, we have watched the police presser and seen it clarified that she said “God.” This is also confirmed by her pastor’s impression of her, her social media posts which talk about God and do not mention a dog, and her mother’s interview with KOAA 5 in which she again says “God.”

The police themselves have confirmed both in their timeline and in the presser that Kelsey’s mom called them on Dec. 2 and that when they then contacted the phone company, they discovered the phone last pinged from Gooding on Nov.25.

The baby is currently being taken care of by the baby’s father and paternal grandmother. It has been reported the baby was exchanged at Safeway, that the mom dropped the baby off, and that the fiancé/dad picked the baby up. The police have only said the dad “reported” that he picked the baby up on the afternoon of Thanksgiving. They haven’t offered a location.

The fiancé turned over his cell phone (obviously police would ask for the cell she texted him from) and gave them a DNA swab. Although there have been rumors he refused to allow his property to be searched, no 1 has actually said that—not the media or the police. All the police have said is, when asked if they will search, they said something like “we’ll have to look at that.”

There’s been some funny banter about dogs and cinnamon rolls which provides a nice breather, but over time, I felt like the comments started to take over the thread and distract from the real purpose of exploring where Kelsey might be. I hope we can rally around that purpose today.

Thank you for this!

He is doing what he is supposed to.

I would not be giving interviews, I would continue to cooperate with LE and I would get a lawyer.

Jmo
I need to add that this is my own opinion, but, he hasn't done what he was supposed to do. LE asked him to be at the press conf. and he was a no show--- That's just one of the things...

Completely agree. They also may of been tube cinnamon rolls she made for her LO.

I’m quite sure LE has information they aren’t sharing which is making it difficult to sleuth but I’m sure for good reason.

Also, I “suppose” there’s an extremely remote chance that she went to Idaho and came back...and then disappeared. Since no 1 checked her house for quite some time. But because there were no later phone pings, it seems far more likely she made the cinnamon rolls on Thanksgiving Day or the following day to me. And it seems like once they start checking traffic cameras and cameras around her neighborhood, that the police will have or already have a firmer timeline than we do.

IMO there are really only two outcomes and both make sense to me.

1. She left of her her own free will and while that doesn’t make sense to a lot of people, many woman have done it. And tbh not much about this case makes much sense.

2. She met with foul play.

I truly believe LE has some indication of which of those two scenarios are most likely. The fact they aren’t releasing any new information indicates to me that they have a strong suspicion of what did in fact occur.

MOO Is there a chance that the statement from PF wasn't the only thing handled that day in the attys office. Could there had been communication from his lawyer to her family warning them of defamation of character? It did seem KB's mom in that interview seemed to now talk so highly of the fiance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt