CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why this linked all the way back to my original post, but in answer to the question of whether I read part three........YES, I did very carefully. It says the officer of the court "may issue, upon request of any district attorney, attorney general, or special prosecutor of the state of Colorado", meaning that the judge is the only one that can grant immunity in the trial phase. We are no where near a trial, so this part of the law will have no meaning for this case until that time.
Hmmm...didn’t know this!

That's natural, imo. People know someone and can't fathom them doing something so horrible. I'd want people to stick up for me, too. Heck we don't even know what they have on Frazee and we would all find enough to convict him. Presumption of innocence and all that.
Yeah but.....
When a DA charges three counts of solicitation I would start to question everything I thought I knew of someone.

What kind of writing is this?
Investigators apparently believe there is evidence or the body of a missing Woodland Park mother who authorities say was killed by her fiance in a landfill south of Colorado Springs, according to ABC News”

She was killed in a landfill? That’s a BIG misplaced modifier.

ETA last sentence
Great. Now there will be people quoting it and arguing that he killed her IN the landfill just because the article says so.

There are people in his hometown defending him and saying he is innocent.
It's CRAZY. It's like the whole rodeo community has his back. It's very hush hush. I am part of the community groups on FB, Florissant, Divide, & WP. If you post an article on there about it, the masses come at you with pitch forks yelling "WHERE IS THE BODY?!" and comments are turned off, or post is deleted. It is swept under the rug quite frankly. It's like they don't want to believe it.

I've done such drives, too, but with someone else. Not that I couldn't drive hours, alone, but it would be exhausting. To turn around and do it again in a day or two would be tough. That's just me, though. Truck drivers drive insane hours all of the time (scary).

Most people don't work on Thanksgiving, if they don't have to, but the weekend after, lots of people do.
LE estimate KB was killed on the 22nd. The texts were sent from Idaho on the 25th. So likely, KK had a day and night to rest before heading back to Idaho.

It's CRAZY. It's like the whole rodeo community has his back. It's very hush hush. I am part of the community groups on FB, Florissant, Divide, & WP. If you post an article on there about it, the masses come at you with pitch forks yelling "WHERE IS THE BODY?!" and comments are turned off, or post is deleted. It is swept under the rug quite frankly. It's like they don't want to believe it.
WOW!

Trudie,
All we have to go on right now are rumors. What if she had nothing to do with this? Do you really take anything the Rs said as fact? I say that because they are the only ones talking.

In my mind, I had KK hanging from a rope on a tree. Then I thought of how we could all be wrong. LE is not parting with information. We just know someone in Idaho had Kelsey’s phone. What if the R’s just jumped on that rumor and ran with it?

Any ideas of who else it could be? Earlier you mentioned an equine website I think but we cannot use anything that isn’t mainstream. We are all lost dangling in the dark.

The Rs would have to be batsh#t crazy to make up such a story. They could lose their practice over this. Their reputation is already severely damaged. While what we've heard of what they were old may be a limited hangout, I think the gist of the story is true and that is that some guy named Patrick, in Colorado, allegedly requested KKL kill his girlfriend. Some version of that murder in the planning must be true, though crucial details may change.

Think of the lives that will be forever changed when he is found guilty. Reminds me of the CW case. It is just in our nature to want to believe the best about someone.

Very interesting. The prosecution better have a sold case because that's his jury pool, right there. Conversely, if PF is innocent, it's a good thing that he;s not surrounded by a lynch mob.

The Rs would have to be batsh#t crazy to make up such a story. They could lose their practice over this. Their reputation is already severely damaged. While what we've heard of what they were old may be a limited hangout, I think the gist of the story is true and that is that some guy named Patrick, in Colorado, allegedly requested KKL kill his girlfriend. Some version of that murder in the planning must be true, though crucial details may change.
Yeah that’s true. It’s just all so crazy. I feel personally like I have been on a merry go round. One minute it is all KK, then all PF. Then I think of a third party. I hate thinking anyone could do this. And for what reason? The simplest answer is PF did this. He did the planning and solicitation and he had help.

Think of the lives that will be forever changed when he is found guilty. Reminds me of the CW case. It is just in our nature to want to believe the best about someone.

A fair few people suspected Chris Watts from the get go.

We don't know if PF is guilty nor do we know what evidence they have against him.

I will never buy into this theory, ever, even if it is proven true.:D

It would be highly unusual, and unnecessary.

Plus, it would be incredibly easy to verify, commercial or otherwise (commercial would be faster to pin down).
I agree. I fly occasionally with a good friend who needs to fly every few months to keep his pilot's license current. I can't tell you how many times we have had to postpone our flying date because of weather. Also, Unless KK knows someone who OWNS the plane, renting must be done in advance, sometimes by over a week As well, was someone going to fly her there, take a hotel and wait until she was finished doing "whatever" it was she was there for? Highly unlikely. MOO

Trudie,
All we have to go on right now are rumors. What if she had nothing to do with this? Do you really take anything the Rs said as fact? I say that because they are the only ones talking.

In my mind, I had KK hanging from a rope on a tree. Then I thought of how we could all be wrong. LE is not parting with information. We just know someone in Idaho had Kelsey’s phone. What if the R’s just jumped on that rumor and ran with it?

Any ideas of who else it could be? Earlier you mentioned an equine website I think but we cannot use anything that isn’t mainstream. We are all lost dangling in the dark.

I believe the R’s did not lie. I believe they repeated what was told to them.
I’m going to assume M repeated & perhaps sensationalized things she relayed to the R’s. Why? Because, imo, only, the friendship between KK/M seems very immature/childish. Like twelve year olds giggling in the dark about boys. Except in this case, the boy is a man.
We all interpret things differently. We’ve had dif life experiences, read people differently, etc., that’s cool.
It’s MOO that what propegated this and the ultimate motive is woman + cowboy + woman = murder.
Three in a relationship causes strange things to happen.
Everyone can have their suspicions. The financial or custody motive are both way down my list. He enjoyed ample time with his baby. I’m sure he traveled frequently for his job & rodeos. Therefore, I think the sharing custody
arrangement worked well for him. Financially, he had nothing to gain, imo. If he murdered KB so baby K could draw SS, that makes no sense to me. After he satisfied the monthly needs of baby K, there’s be nothing left. Any assets KB had would more than likely go to baby K. He would not have access to them. Her bro, mom or court appointed trustee would probably be assigned to oversee a trust established for her. Since KB has her condo in a family trust, her life insurance, imo, is payable to the same trust. So, how would he gain? Per custody, if he planned to date, down the road, that wouldn’t gonna go so well if he’s strapped with a toddler.
Again, jmo, I’m entitled. Just as some believe KK is a vital witness in some type of a “protective” program, or P is a dumb, destitute cowboy. (I do think KK needs protection, from the law) Maybe it’s diifficult for non-equine folk to understand the earning capacity of a farrier/blacksmith, idk.
Many rumors end up not being rumors. Only unverified, at the time. (Darn). People talk, not all want to reveal their identity. Therefore, we can only wait.
Moo

Last edited:

Nice to see you are back :) It's so great to have a local perspective!

The whole “WHERE IS THE BODY” is such concrete thinking. So stupid.

Sigh.

Had they heard you say “swept under the rug” they would actually lift up a rug and look under it.

I've done such drives, too, but with someone else. Not that I couldn't drive hours, alone, but it would be exhausting. To turn around and do it again in a day or two would be tough. That's just me, though. Truck drivers drive insane hours all of the time (scary).

Most people don't work on Thanksgiving, if they don't have to, but the weekend after, lots of people do.

It’d be really rough after participating in a crime. Perhaps not sleeping well, nerves shot, etc.
I drive 10 hours, with two stops, 3-4 X a year. It exhausts me.

I believe the R’s did not lie. I believe they repeated what was told to them.
I’m going to assume M repeated & perhaps sensationalized things she relayed to the R’s. Why? Because, imo, only, the friendship between KK/M seems very immature/childish. Like twelve year olds giggling in the dark about boys. Except in this case, the boy is a man.
We all interpret things differently. We’ve had dif life experiences, read people differently, etc., that’s cool.
It’s MOO that what propegated this and the ultimate motive is woman + cowboy + woman = murder.
Three in a relationship causes strange things to happen.
Everyone can have their suspicions. The financial or custody motive are both way down my list. He enjoyed ample time with his baby. I’m sure he traveled frequently for his job & rodeos. Therefore, I think the sharing custody
arrangement worked well for him. Financially, he had nothing to gain, imo. If he murdered KB so baby K could draw SS, that makes no sense to me. After he satisfied the monthly needs of baby K, there’s be nothing left. Any assets KB had would more than likely go to baby K. He would not have access to them. Her bro, mom or court appointed trustee would probably be assigned to oversee a trust established for her. Since KB has her condo in a family trust, her life insurance, imo, is payable to the same trust. So, how would he gain? Per custody, if he planned to date, down the road, that wouldn’t gonna go so well if he’s strapped with a toddler.
Again, jmo, I’m entitled. Just as some believe KK is a vital witness in some type of a “protective” program, or P is a dumb, destitute cowboy. (I do think KK needs protection, from the law) Maybe it’s diifficult for non-equine folk to understand the earning capacity of a farrier/blacksmith, idk.
Many rumors end up not being rumors. Only unverified, at the time. (Darn). People talk, not all want to reval their identity. Therefore, we can only wait.
Moo

You've mentioned several times that PF made a lot of money but just because PF had the potential to earn a large salary doesn't mean he did. He doesn't seem very ambitious to me. I'm not saying he never worked but I doubt he was at the top of his game. With that being said, I don't believe this crime was financially motivated anyway.

I know. It’s gonna get worse, imo.
But, we can’t expect anyone or everyone to see things the way we might. His horse/dog/cowboy circle know him as a “good ole cowboy”, not a murderer. Some in KK’s circle know her as a “great rodeo queen/mom/nurse”, not as someone helping her __________ with a murder.

LE told us KB was last seen by P, her phone pinged in ID,
She “possibly” was killed in her home or the crime “likely” took place in her home & P has been arrested. Not much, huh? I’ve never heard KB was murdered on Thanksgiving.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member