CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question.
Recently, we discussed, 'what happened in September', to initiate PF's solicitation to murder KB. I can't remember who, but he/she mentioned the Magic Valley Rodeo. Is there any verification that PF attended that Rodeo? Is there anyway to prove he did? Registration forms?

So, just a rash (quick) move with no pregnancy before hand. Interesting too.

eta: the more I think abt that, the more it sounds planned by PF for some reason.
I think PF wanted a nice clean girl who hadn't been around thinking she would be subservient, but Kelsey had ambition other than being chained to a stove.
In the meantime he has KK waiting in the wings.
He resents KB's independence, and being a modern woman. KK resents her taking up with her man.
Both have motive to want KB out of the picture. Both are manipulative,and conniving.
MOO

I think PF wanted a nice clean girl who hadn't been around thinking she would be subservient, but Kelsey had ambition other than being chained to a stove.
In the meantime he has KK waiting in the wings.
He resents KB's independence, and being a modern woman. KK resents her taking up with her man.
Both have motive to want KB out of the picture. Both are manipulative,and conniving.
MOO

My feelings too. A female pilot, (training military pilots) imho requires allot of ambition!

All MOO, and nothing but MOO.

Daily I struggle to understand what happened here. We KNOW PF is a liar. We KNOW KB shared a loving relationship with her family and was close to her mother. We KNOW there were 'ups and downs' like any relationship.

This is my theory, ASSUMING a lot.
PF goes to Magic Valley Rodeo, with KB and baby K. KB senses something off about his interactions with KK. A bit too friendly, flirting, whatever. Already feeling things are strained in their relationship regarding moving forward with plans for marriage, etc., KB calls him out on her suspicions. Only PF knows what she said. I know what I would have said :) Perhaps that's when she gave him an ultimatum. Either man up and plan a life with me and baby K, or I can't continue in this relationship. I can envision KB like SW, still wanting the relationship to work and considering their status still as a couple and engaged. She thinks, MAYBE he will listen. Surely he loves baby K and we can work out our problems. Of course, we know now, HE doesn't want to make it work, but he doesn't tell her that. He fools her into believing he's committed all the while planning how to kill her and tarnish her image with his "friends" and family to build his "alibi." However, he knows he needs to fool KB and HER family. That would explain CB's statement that they had a "loving" relationship as she would have witnessed his "acting" while visiting in October. It's possible that KB confided in her mom that she had a "discussion" with him about their relationship and he appears to want to make it work, all the while he's bad mouthing her to anyone who would listen and cementing his image by taking the baby to work, sometimes.

In this scenario, CB had no reason NOT to believe his "story" that they broke up that day and she took off to see her sick grandmother. Of course, this lie wouldn't hold water for long seeing everything else he/they (accomplice) screwed up.

All for now. Just MOO!

I'll preface this by saying, "Yes, I know, PF has not been formally diagnosed as a narc." Neither was CW. This is MOO.

Narcs CAN'T move on. Whatever the stakes are, custody, control, money, THEY must win, AT ALL COST. Sad but true. Not all narcs will murder but they WILL try to destroy you, either financially, emotionally, physically OR all three. AND, even if you come to your senses, find the courage to break free, they are NOT finished with you. Their behaviour is pathological.

Sometimes, on the flip side, are the victims that KNOW their life in in jeopardy (I don't feel KB knew), feel they have 'no way out' and they will murder the narc out of desperation. These poor souls will end up in prison too, because the narc has created myriads of "flying monkeys" that will be only too happy to tell everyone what a wonderful person the narc is and that the killer was crazy. Why? because the narc told them he/she was insane. Oh my, who told KK that KB was crazy and he was afraid she was going to harm baby K? Stupid question :)
Yes, you are so right. Narc's also make themselves out to be a victim even of the people they victimize! <modsnipped off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of this case when I was watching an episode about Venus Stewart murder last night. Her husband murdered her, but conspired with someone he knew online.

While husband was "convicted of first-degree premeditated murder and conspiracy to commit first-degree premeditated murder, his co-conspirator....

", June 16, 2011: Ricky Spencer pleads no contest to a felony manslaughter charge conspiracy to commit manslaughter) his role in Venus Stewart's disappearance and slaying.

Under terms of a plea agreement, St. Joseph County Prosecutor John McDonough was to recommend Spencer serve no more than one year in the St. Joseph County Jail."

One year plea deal done for his friend covering for him in the conspiracy. Hmmmmmm. He didn't even get prison time.

Thought it was interesting in light of this case about the plea deal. He got life without parole and his accomplice got one year.

8 years of waiting: From Venus Stewart's disappearance to finding her body

It appears that a lot of us saw the show, we should have had a viewing party together LOL
I caught part of this show, too. Absolutely horrifying. The accomplice was "hoping he'd change his mind", can you believe that? I didn't hear what his motive was. Police saw through his alibi early on, just as they did with PF's. The question I always have is "how did he think he could get away with it?" That thought doesn't seem to occur to these cold-blooded killers. Their minds just don't work like ours.

Yes, you are so right. Narc's also make themselves out to be a victim even of the people they victimize! <modsnipped off topic>
first off [i know susiQ said her opinion] i'm not entirely sure he has never been formally diagnosed as a NARC. i have never seen a printout of his medical history. and, i probably never will unless it is after he is convicted and has sat in prison for a while. i think very early on, (maybe one of the first motions his public defender offered), there was a motion to block or seal all access to any medical records generated anywhere concerning PF. but then i'm also not sure he would be clinically found a NARC. reason being is that as a category NARC's are recognized as needing or wanting a whole lot of attention/interaction and the NARC tendencies play out across all interactions not just in for lack of better term, dating/girlfriend relationships. so i would expect to hear people say stuff like, "oh, PF, yeah, he thought he was greatest cowboy/horse handler/dog trainer/roper/ , nobody better than him in anything. yet, impressions like that with those who have come forward are few.
so, i think it is entirely possible PF is another type of sick mind altogether. the possible diagnosis is beyond my skill set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I caught part of this show, too. Absolutely horrifying. The accomplice was "hoping he'd change his mind", can you believe that? I didn't hear what his motive was. Police saw through his alibi early on, just as they did with PF's. The question I always have is "how did he think he could get away with it?" That thought doesn't seem to occur to these cold-blooded killers. Their minds just don't work like ours.
In the Stewart case, I believe he also told the accomplice that he feared she would harm the children. Narcs use that lie, a lot.

No news on the landfill and no new arrests? This case has gone very quiet IMO.

It's so quiet. Unless something substantial comes to light between now and the next court date it will likely stay quiet. I sure hope they find Kelsey soon. JMO

February 7th - Thursday
  • Pre-Trial Conference (Custody) - 8:30am

February 19th- Tuesday
  • PF - Preliminary Hearing - 9am
Inmate #: 2018001543
Booking #: 18-02029
Case #: D602018CR330
Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

I don’t think PF will ever implicate himself by talking. I think, even if convicted, he will be convinced that he can win an appeal and be exonerated. He won’t give up hope until all appeals are exhausted. Perhaps, MAYBE he’d talk then. MAYBE. This is all JMO, of course.

I don't think so either. He's gonna pull a Scott Peterson and still be proclaiming his innocence from prison years and years later.

I don't think so either. He's gonna pull a Scott Peterson and still be proclaiming his innocence from prison years and years later.

rio, spot on, IMO. Although, PF's protestations of innocence may be unintelligible to the human ear. I'm pretty sure his communication skills are strictly limited to grunts, clacks and whistles.

first off [i know susiQ said her opinion] i'm not entirely sure he has never been formally diagnosed as a NARC. i have never seen a printout of his medical history. and, i probably never will unless it is after he is convicted and has sat in prison for a while. i think very early on, (maybe one of the first motions his public defender offered), there was a motion to block or seal all access to any medical records generated anywhere concerning PF. but then i'm also not sure he would be clinically found a NARC. reason being is that as a category NARC's are recognized as needing or wanting a whole lot of attention/interaction and the NARC tendencies play out across all interactions not just in for lack of better term, dating/girlfriend relationships. so i would expect to hear people say stuff like, "oh, PF, yeah, he thought he was greatest cowboy/horse handler/dog trainer/roper/ , nobody better than him in anything. yet, impressions like that with those who have come forward are few.
so, i think it is entirely possible PF is another type of sick mind altogether. the possible diagnosis is beyond my skill set.
Agreed! He could be a sociopathic narcissist :)

So I was watching the Douglas Stewart murder case on Dateline last night.

He conspired with another man to murder his wife. This accomplice was incredibly involved in the plot, actually pretending to be the suspect so that he would have a rock solid alibi.

This accomplice testified against Doug at trial. Instead of facing conspiracy to commit murder charges (potential life sentence), he was sentenced to a year in jail for conspiracy to commit manslaughter.

This was a different state, under different circumstances, but I do wonder if KK will be looking at something like this.

Hopefully her punishment is harsher, depending on her involvement.

He conspired with another man to murder his wife. This accomplice was incredibly involved in the plot, actually pretending to be the suspect so that he would have a rock solid alibi.

This accomplice testified against Doug at trial. Instead of facing conspiracy to commit murder charges (potential life sentence), he was sentenced to a year in jail for conspiracy to commit manslaughter.

This was a different state, under different circumstances, but I do wonder if KK will be looking at something like this.

I saw this last night as well, and had seen an earlier airing of the show. This case came back to me as soon as we learned of PF’s solicitation charges. The whole solicitation, with relationship formed via a VIDEO GAME chat, really stuck with me. Just crazy!

I know I’m missing a lot of info., but it is really hard for me to think of the possibility of KK only being sentenced to one year. IMO, when the facts come out, it will be clear that she deserves a much harsher sentence than that.

Eta- But I also realize that what KK deserves, and what she gets (in terms of sentencing) may very well be two different things. Especially, if there is a plea involved.

Last edited:

Personally, the sentence seemed too light for the co conspirator, but apparently the DA felt they could not get a conviction without his testimony. I sincerely hope they have enough on PF without KK's testimony so they can make a deal that reflects whatever involvement she had.

I saw this last night as well, and had seen an earlier airing of the show. This case came back to me as soon as we learned of PF’s solicitation charges. The whole solicitation over a VIDEO GAME chat really stuck with me. Just crazy!

I know I’m missing a lot of info., but it is really hard for me to think of the possibility of KK only being sentenced to one year. IMO, when the facts come out, it will be clear that she deserves a much harsher sentence than that.
Oh, I absolutely agree.

I just wanted to illustrate an extreme, where an accomplice who was likely involved to a similar extent as KK was, received an incredibly lenient sentence.

This case involves very different circumstances, and I absolutely do not believe that the prosecution’s case will be entirely content upon the testimony of KK, like it was in the case I referenced.

She may still get off far lighter than she deserves though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member