CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Fox article mirrors the one by KOAA several days ago with Kelsey's friend NH, but has some new/different statements. No new information, however.

Kelsey Berreth's lifelong friend speaks out
"It's just really hard knowing that she's not going to come back," said Haywood.

Haywood says she never met Frazee and Berreth kept quiet about their relationship. She says the couple met online about two years ago and Frazee was the reason why Kelsey moved to Colorado.

"I hope the truth comes out in very clear terms. I want whoever is guilty to be held accountable for and if someone is innocent I hope they don't get charged," said Haywood.

Haywood says she has been in contact with Berreth's parents who currently have custody over Berreth's 1-year-old daughter.

"I have two little girls and I can't imagine them growing up and wondering who I was, but those of us who are going to be surrounding her are going to try and help her know who Kelsey was," said Haywood.

I don't think there is any evidence in psychology to support that. Yes, some strong, loving women can "baby' their sons but that is not what creates the desire to control women by mental or physical abuse. That usually creates loving sons, with possibly other issues ie can't cook for themselves, or do laundry, reliance issues etc.

That would take pathology - mean controlling, oppressive, temper, outbursts from the mother. It can also arise from many other environmental issues, the mother isn't necessarily the cause of his problems.

My own opinion is that intrinsically something is just wrong with someone who can plan to murder someone else. Is is gene gone bad? an area of the brain that didn't develop properly? add to that environmental factors and you create the monster..
Yeah, I agree with all that! It’s believed psychopathy is due to both nature and nurture. PF may have been predisposed, like reduced activity in emotional brain regions. And whatever occurred in his upbringing messed up his head even more.

Not sure if PFs parents were divorced or what the story is there. Very curious. Especially about his relationship, or lack thereof, with his father. Even Freud would have to admit it isn’t always the mother!

PFs father is so notably NOT mentioned anywhere! Then again, there is a lot that’s NOT mentioned!!

Depends.

Is the woman being choked from the front or from behind?
What type of chokehold is he using?
Does she have long nails or short nails?
What is the height and reach difference between the man and the woman?
IMO, PF could have killed KB without her being able to inflict any damage on him whatsoever.
Unfortunately. JMO.

Exactly. And you might add whether the pressure shuts down flow to the brain.

I agree with these, I guess where my thought was going was… If you had planned this all in advance you would want it the least messy scene possible. I don’t think anyone’s going in there to, for lack of a better term, “make a mess”.. that they have to clean up. But perhaps “best laid plans” and all that. That sounds heartless and crass, but considering who we’re talking about…

A logical person wouldn't want a messy scene.

But a person filled with hate and rage, wants to kill the way they want to kill. They want their victim to feel it.

The smart way, and the easy way is a quick murder- strangulation, suffocation, neck snap. But time and time again they chose the method that causes pain.

<modsnipped personal anecdote>

Sadly, my guess is PF was similar. There was no logical reason to want KB dead. But he wanted it more than anything. That isn't logical thinking, it is hate and maybe anger.

There was blood, no question, based on what we saw being taken from the house and the definitive perspective from LE after that search that KB was dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would have been tricky to remove her intact body without someone seeing. And for police to move so quickly to arrest him with no body, my feeling is that they found not just blood but tissue as well. Nothing visible at first glance, or else KB’s brother would have said something following his walk thru. That leaves the drain. And it’s possible that part of what PF disposed of at WM that day was plumbing that had been replaced.
But....dismembering takes murder to a whole new level doesn’t it? It’s the thing horror movies are made of. And it was Thanksgiving! Does he just cut someone up and then go eat lunch at Moms? I mean, that’s just about the sickest thing I can think of. I was thinking if he planned it, and seeing as how he is likely strong and big too, he could just carry her body in a bag. But it takes time and clean up, etc to dismember her. A holiday means you can always get caught. He wouldn’t do that in front of his baby. There’s so much there that is just over the line. IMO.

JMO
I agree he will never talk about what he did with KB's body.

My first impression of PF was two things I saw videos of him and they were more than enough for me to assess a couple things about him.

The one where he was at his fence and the reporter was trying to ask him questions and the look he gave that reporter and his lock jaw he had told me he will never ever tell where KB's body is.

The 2nd impression I got of him was when he was holding the baby like a rag doll while getting in his truck and Im sorry but that told me he has no clue how to properly hold a baby and I will even go a step further and say that he probably didnt hold the baby much himself. Im guessing he had his Mom or KB watching the child most all the time.

I may be wrong with my first impressions but they sure gave me bad vibes about this murderer.

Could you point me to the two videos? I don't think I have seen either one. Just curious. TIA

PF had access to the drugs needed to end the suffering of an animal. It would be easy for him to inject KB and dispose of her body. If he left her body, for any length of time, while he attended to their daughter there would be "end of life" body fluids left behind that would be detectable.

Thinking there would be a tremendous amount of blood with the act of dismemberment. IMO I just cannot see PF taking time to do that in her condo.
There would be blood but there would be no arterial spray because there would be no blood pressure. You would do it in the tub, draining the body of as much blood as possible and then doing the dismemberment later.

But....dismembering takes murder to a whole new level doesn’t it? It’s the thing horror movies are made of. And it was Thanksgiving! Does he just cut someone up and then go eat lunch at Moms? I mean, that’s just about the sickest thing I can think of. I was thinking if he planned it, and seeing as how he is likely strong and big too, he could just carry her body in a bag. But it takes time and clean up, etc to dismember her. A holiday means you can always get caught. He wouldn’t do that in front of his baby. There’s so much there that is just over the line. IMO.
I don’t think it changes the level as to what you do with the body afterward. Murder is murder. He took the life of the mother of his child, and then denied it and continues to do so. No matter how he disposed of the body, it’s still horrific IMHO.

I don’t think it changes the level as to what you do with the body afterward. Murder is murder. He took the life of the mother of his child, and then denied it and continues to do so. No matter how he disposed of the body, it’s still horrific IMHO.
It matters in the way it would be perceived by jurors I think. It would matter to me also as a family member. It’s just more sickness and psychopathy. I don’t see horror movies and don’t like imagining gore. I’m sure srg could weigh in on this.

Yeah, I agree with all that! It’s believed psychopathy is due to both nature and nurture. PF may have been predisposed, like reduced activity in emotional brain regions. And whatever occurred in his upbringing messed up his head even more.

Not sure if PFs parents were divorced or what the story is there. Very curious. Especially about his relationship, or lack thereof, with his father. Even Freud would have to admit it isn’t always the mother!

PFs father is so notably NOT mentioned anywhere! Then again, there is a lot that’s NOT mentioned!!

LOL on Freud. Forget about him. There is a lot to be said for these monsters that just want the world to rotate around them. This type of of self-centeredness we cannot relate to at all. I personally feel guilty getting the closest parking space. I hope we never understand this type of animal.

A logical person wouldn't want a messy scene.

But a person filled with hate and rage, wants to kill the way they want to kill. They want their victim to feel it.

The smart way, and the easy way is a quick murder- strangulation, suffocation, neck snap. But time and time again they chose the method that causes pain.

My cousin was woken up with a stab into her cheek. Then multiple other wounds before the death wound.

He wanted her to know it was him. He wanted her scared and he wanted to finally be in control. And he appeared to be a really great guy and good father.

Sadly, my guess is PF was similar. There was no logical reason to want KB dead. But he wanted it more than anything. That isn't logical thinking, it is hate and maybe anger.

There was blood, no question, based on what we saw being taken from the house and the definitive perspective from LE after that search that KB was dead.
i’m so sorry about your cousin. I do believe there’s biological evidence, I’m just not thinking it’s large amounts of blood because the house had already been looked at. But as previous posts state it could have been hidden or out of sight because it was cleaned up. he had plenty of time. You’re right, we never know what a monster will do, or why. We don’t understand it because we don’t think that way. I always say, and I believe this, no one really knows why anyone does anything IMO

Sheesh, not going to ask how you know this! :eek:
Common knowledge. Blood pressure is the constant flow of blood through the body. A drop of blood as it is traveling along has a build-up or pressure behind it, pushing it along. It’s like a water hose connected to a faucet. Turn the faucet on wide open and then go cut a hole in the hose, and water sprays everywhere. But turn the faucet off and then go cut a hole in the hose. Whatever water is in the hose already is going to dribble out, and then nothing.

Same thing for the human body. While the heart is pumping, there is pressure. Kill the heart and you stop the pressure.

PF is calling the shots, but Mom’s voice is subtly directing him. She didn’t mean to create the controlling, vindictive man he became ... but inadvertently she did by the way she treated him IMO. Strong ‘single’ or ‘divorced’ women sometimes “unintentionally” treat sons as if they aren’t as smart. The mother is simply “babying” the son, “loving” him, in her opinion, but the son thinks Mom does it because he’s not smart enough to do things on his own or as smart as female sibling - which leads to desire to control women by mental and/or physical abuse.
All speculation based on personal observances. MOO.
Agree, except Mom doesn't have to be single. Sometimes, the Dad is just a doormat, too. He wouldn't dare divorce the woman who tells him how to breathe. Weak men need strong women. They can't make any decisions on their own and are only happy when pleasing Mama (wife becomes Mama). ETA: He enjoys the misery of his relationships. If he is too independent, he will leave. If he is weak and she doesn't make him into a doormat, he will leave to find his new Mama. He can't deal with the responsibility of making decisions and has little interest in a partnership. MOO. No telling what the family dynamics were, but I don't think PF would have ever settled down to a monogamous relationship. No woman is ever going to get close enough to him. JMO.
ETA: PF is not going to allow a woman any control over him.

Last edited:
Thinking there would be a tremendous amount of blood with the act of dismemberment. IMO I just cannot see PF taking time to do that in her condo.
If he did, he probably did it in the bath/shower. She was small enough to move, but moving a heavy bag or tote might have drawn attention. We have no idea what really happened, but dismemberment is a good theory, partly because there is some kind of evidence she is dead, but no mention of her body. That means LE has found something that they believe proves she had to be dead, some kind of tissue, like brain or liver, or a large quantity of blood. He could have allowed her to bleed out in the bath, then came back later to dismember the body and clean up. He's used to living on a ranch, probably has cattle butchered for food, probably is a hunter. MOO.

Ok. Thinking of the possibility of dismemberment, maybe LE has found some of her clothing with blood. That seems a good possibility. He would have had time to wash blood-stained towels or sheets, but the blood likely would still be visible if not washed out immediately, and would likely still show up with testing even if not visible. If she had colored towels and he bleached them, they would have been ruined by the bleach. He might have put hung them back up in her bathroom or put them in the linen closet, or they might have gone to the dump. Total speculation.

It is my opinion that KK isn't smart enough to put that together in her mind. She probably just sees the camera as a preventative device for robbery of sonic etc., which she would never do, so she doesn't really worry about it. She probably did not ponder the implications of using a cc at sonic, placing her right near a crime scene... if that is actually what happened. I am confused about the whole sonic thing.

Who would use their Credit Card at Sonic, near KB's residence, if they were involved?o_Oo_O
Could this be a 'set up', to implicate KK, in being far more involved than she may be?o_O
It would be very easy to get hold of KK's Credit Card, if you were friendly with her.
Would this be related to 'no arrest' as yet, until all verified?
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member