CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There would have been no prenup, because I don’t think this guy had any intention of ever marrying her.

If he did, he wouldn’t have killed her.

I don’t think either of them were wealthy, but she had a far more stable source of income than he did.

Had he asked for a prenup, I hope she would have laughed hysterically.
Laughing hysterically at anything he said may have gotten her killed. We don't know but we assume he had a very big ego. We do know he was ruthless.

Re: the public defender. I don't think he lives paycheck-to-paycheck, but I don't think he's rolling in cash. I'd be very surprised if he has much in savings and easy-to-access investments.

Question for the posters who know more than I do about this: is the recent livestock sale a 'normal' thing? Would he ordinarily be selling at this time of year - and apparently selling the whole herd? Or is this an early sale to get cash?
Unless it's a tiny operation you'll buy and sell all year. The report wouldn't open for me. How do we know the 94 was all the cattle he owned.
My family buys and sells hundreds at a time regularly, but we have 22,000. I don't exprexhr has more than a few hundred, at very most.

Unless it's a tiny operation you'll buy and sell all year. The report wouldn't open for me. How do we know the 94 was all the cattle he owned.
My family buys and sells hundreds at a time regularly, but we have 22,000. I don't exprexhr has more than a few hundred, at very most.

The sale said it was a "complete dispersal". Which means getting rid of everything.

He had to be stopped by the deputy putting up his hand, so would guess he is not local, and doesn't know procedure when bringing in someone who is arrested. Don't know if LE would allow any of PF's LE family be involved.
DaveF. clarified he was LE, I was just curious if it was his brother since he is LE it might have been a courtesy extended to the brother. However that is not Patrick's brother.

So since we can speculate on the cattle sales, with that amount of cattle, even at rock bottom prices, he had to have made around $100,000, or more, jmo. Interesting that this newest motion on his part took place two days after the sale of said cows. So are these funds off limits to the Berreth's?

But do we know if HE made that money himself? Could his mother be a business partner in the ranch, and be an owner or stakeholder?

She may have sold them because he was not available to care for them anymore.

There is something strange about this wrongful death lawsuit news. KB's parents hired a lawfirm from Colorado Springs to represent them. Sanders Law Firm. Someone said they represented Micheal Jackson's Mother in her wrongful death law suit.

I cannot believe that a Colorado Law firm would not know exactly who can and cannot file a wrongful death lawsuit. The law isn't muddy in this area.

Respectfully disagree. First the picture in your link is not of a small suitcase. Looks like a full-size one to me.

Second, it’s one thing for a living person to contort themselves to fit in a small space. It’s another thing to try to make a corpse fit that isn’t cooperating with you.

Even if you did get it to fit, the suitcase would be so overstuffed that it would look super suspicious to an onlooker, thus defeating the purpose, IMO
  • Indian student's body found in suitcase in Australia

World News | Indo-Asian News Service | Monday March 14, 2011

ozgirl120.jpg

The body of a 24-year-old Indian-origin student, who was murdered after being sexually assaulted, was found stuffed in a suitcase in a park in Sydney, a media report said Monday.Police said the "predator" had waited until her housemate was away to sexually assault and kill her.Tosha Thakkar's body was found Friday morning in a canal behind the Mead...
Student murdered, body found in suitcase

Bangalore News | Express News Service | Friday December 23, 2011

The body of a 22-year-old engineering student was found inside a suitcase at his room in Hunasamaranahalli on Thursday evening.The police said it was the body of Piyush Sinha, a native of Jharkhand, who was studying in VII

Man found guilty of murdering woman, stuffing corpse in suitcase ...

https://fox5sandiego.com/.../verdict-reached-in-trial-accusing-man-of-stuffing-woman...Apr 19, 2018 - Joshua Matthew Palmer, 34, has been convicted of first-degree murder and murder during a rape, sodomy and sexual penetration. ... Shauna Haynes' corpse was found in a suitcasethat was put out with the trash outside the Chadwick Hotel on A Street in downtown San Diego in April 2016.

Man Arrested at LAX After Girlfriend's Body Found in Bag in Dumpster ...

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/.../womans-corpse-dumpster-Anaheim-suitcase-orange..
Nov 1, 2018 - Following the discovery of a mother's body in a bag in an Orange County dumpster, a man believed to be her boyfriend was arrested at Los ...

But do we know if HE made that money himself? Could his mother be a business partner in the ranch, and be an owner or stakeholder?

She may have sold them because he was not available to care for them anymore.
Well, without PF around to run things anymore I imagine they had no choice. His mother must be hurting financially by now. Imo

With all due respect, if done before rigor sets in, corpses' bodies can be manipulated and contorted in ways that living bodies cannot be. I have fit myself into many different suitcases over the years, for various reasons. I'm not saying that I necessarily believed this happened to KB, but I am not discounting it.
You fitted yourself into many different suitcases over the years....!

So since we can speculate on the cattle sales, with that amount of cattle, even at rock bottom prices, he had to have made around $100,000, or more, jmo. Interesting that this newest motion on his part took place two days after the sale of said cows. So are these funds off limits to the Berreth's?

I don’t think the B’s are interested in his money. They just want him gone, imo. Baby K will have what she needs/wants, I think.

Or else it was time to get new calves...? Maybe other relatives or workers can run it? Just guessing off the top of my head, as a small towner.

No, he sold everything even the cows that were about to give birth.

You need to have money to keep this going- and food for cattle isn't cheap. They aren't grazing too much with snow on the ground.

DaveF. clarified he was LE, I was just curious if it was his brother since he is LE it might have been a courtesy extended to the brother. However that is not Patrick's brother.
Considering that PF was being brought in for murder, I really don't think PF's brother would impose upon his LE brothers at that moment expecting professional courtesy. Just the appearance alone could put the Teller County department in a very bad situation. This was no traffic stop! MOO

JMO
This case really baffles me in so many ways.

Mainly because PF had so many alternatives and did not have to kill KB. If things were not working out then join the millions of other normal couples and work out a shared custody agreement. Instead he loses the child and most likely loses his freedom for life. Its crazy.

The other thing that baffles me to no end is how he thought he could get away with it based on his actions.

Takes her purse and phone but leaves her two cars there. But then sends texts telling employer and himself that she is going to be gone for a week or so.

So even if we are to believe she left on her own without her car or someone picked her up then what happens after that week is up? She would never abandon her child and she had 2 vehicles she would not abandon nor the house she owned. So who did he expect LE would think was responsible for her being gone? Hmmmm. Maybe the person that got her child the day she disappeared.

This case is really along the lines of the Chris Watts case as far as the stupidity part goes. I really think he believed if nobody could find her body then there is no way charges would come down on him. ehhh...Wrong. He obviously did not learn that no-body cases can be successfully prosecuted and they seem to be on the increase. They may not be nearly as common as body cases but there are many examples of them and the one common thing among them is all fingers point to the only likely suspect or the only reasonable reason the person is missing. In this case all fingers were pointing right at him from the start.

He gave LE no other reasonable reason why she would be gone so long without her cars or her baby.

It really makes me think something went wrong in his planning. Like maybe he really did dump her purse with the keys in it before he realized he needed them to move the car. Or maybe something else went wrong with his plan. It just seems so crazy how he thought he would get away with it.

I just wish he would have came to his senses and just had an amicable breakup like millions of other couples. None of this had to happen. They werent even married yet. And sure he may have not gotten all the visitation he wanted but that was his fault as much as anyone elses, so too bad. He needed to get past that and deal with it.

He needed to own it, take responsiblity, do the right thing, and not be selfish. He did none of those things.

Sorry for the small rant. This case really bothers me for the reasons mentioned. It was so preventable and did not have to happen.
Agree with all you said in your “small rant”:) It’s baffling that some people kill instead of problem solve. PF didn’t really consider other options once he decided that KB hindered him.

For PF to solve relationship problems and breakups like normal people do would be worse than being dead. From his twisted perspective.

But, since he wouldn’t commit suicide (psychopaths very rarely do since they lack conscience and don’t suffer from guilt and emotional pain) KB had to die. Very narrow minded, and extremely malicious and criminal thinking.

I’ve said this before, that discussing these cases from afar is one thing, but had my child been murdered due to these reasons...I shall repeat, bring me the bucket to throw up in and tissues to dry my tears for the rest of my life.

• Indian student's body found in suitcase in Australia

World News | Indo-Asian News Service | Monday March 14, 2011

ozgirl120.jpg

The body of a 24-year-old Indian-origin student, who was murdered after being sexually assaulted, was found stuffed in a suitcase in a park in Sydney, a media report said Monday.Police said the "predator" had waited until her housemate was away to sexually assault and kill her.Tosha Thakkar's body was found Friday morning in a canal behind the Mead...
Student murdered, body found in suitcase

Bangalore News | Express News Service | Friday December 23, 2011

The body of a 22-year-old engineering student was found inside a suitcase at his room in Hunasamaranahalli on Thursday evening.The police said it was the body of Piyush Sinha, a native of Jharkhand, who was studying in VII

Man found guilty of murdering woman, stuffing corpse in suitcase ...

https://fox5sandiego.com/.../verdict-reached-in-trial-accusing-man-of-stuffing-woman...Apr 19, 2018 - Joshua Matthew Palmer, 34, has been convicted of first-degree murder and murder during a rape, sodomy and sexual penetration. ... Shauna Haynes' corpse was found in a suitcasethat was put out with the trash outside the Chadwick Hotel on A Street in downtown San Diego in April 2016.

Man Arrested at LAX After Girlfriend's Body Found in Bag in Dumpster ...

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/.../womans-corpse-dumpster-Anaheim-suitcase-orange..
Nov 1, 2018 - Following the discovery of a mother's body in a bag in an Orange County dumpster, a man believed to be her boyfriend was arrested at Los ...
Hands down! You win :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member