CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But would you stake your life, or the lives of your children, on that?
So it’s ok to commit a crime, because one is supposedly in fear of a man who lives 700 miles away?

I’m glad the DA disagrees, and has charged her with committing a felony.

I don’t buy the “fear excuse” for a second.

Even if it were true, it doesn’t justify destroying evidence after a mother has been murdered.

I think that’s the least of what she did here.

Is it possible she could have destroyed the phone but kept the SIM card in order to send the messages?

seems complicated and a lot of phone services do not allow you
to swap out SIM cards.... maybe:
erased (successfully or not) some info on KB's phone
erased (successfully or not) some info on her phone
the purse or some contents? (just some options)...

Nurse in missing-mom case of Kelsey Berreth to plead guilty

Lee is facing one count of tampering with physical evidence, according to the district attorney's office. The charge is a class 6 felony punishable by up to 18 months in prison.

Feelings aren't facts, as I am reminding myself.

So, setting aside my feelings about the deal, which are irrelevant, here's the (done) deal:

KK is looking at one felony charge. Period. Full stop.

We don't know what sentence, if any, KK will receive as part of the deal.
Max sentence possible is 18 mos.

Those are the facts. This is what justice looks like.

I'm now going to wait until PF goes to trial and trust that the DA's case clearly demonstrates that KK's cooperation/testimony, etc., was absolutely critical to them being able to secure a conviction.

This is PF we're talking about here, so it should be a slam dunk for the DA.
Oh, so that's from the DA's office. Thx for the info. It's probably not what most of us expected, but LE follows the evidence and they must feel they need her witness to solidify and back up the evidence so... we have to go with it. Sigh.

I am pretty sure that they have other forensic evidence as well. But her testimony will help them look in the right places, using the right timeline, to find videos, and witnesses, etc, to corroborate the story.

They took a lot of stuff from the townhouse.
And they confiscated PF's red truck, and evidence from the ranchette as well.

As well it should. If you actually think that’s better, that’s pretty sad IMO.

Oh, please don't feel sad, it's not a thought I entertain with any real degree of seriousness. At least, not very often.

Mostly, I just like getting a rise out of my brother.

Having said that, I do think that 1 guilty person going free could probably do a lot of damage out there in society, so there's that!

Maybe she participated in cleaning up at the townhome? Which would be destroying evidence, plainly. The activities regarding the phone might be a whole other situation.

this would put her at the scene of the murder and IMHO be more incriminating unless she was told a fairly fancy false story about what needed cleaning and why.

A felony will be automatic revocation.

not familiar with CO NB, but have seen license actions in other states. sometimes nothing is done until any criminal action is concluded. sometimes a suspension pending the outcome of the criminal matter. usually the licensee can respond and contest, so even if a "felony" would lead to a revocation under the law, it still takes time and some licensees appeal any action against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89