CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to see KK with her courtroom makeover. And tomorrow is my day off.

Same. Been wondering if the rhinestones-and-ribbons rodeo queen will be transformed into sweater-and-skirt sunday school teacher? Or try for the nerdy-and-naive librarian look? Or jeans-and-flannel farm momma? Any guesses?

Yeah, 22 minutes inside the store would be about right, if there were typical long lines at the checkouts. Let's see......5 minutes to get out the door, belt the child in the seat and skedaddle home. PF must have been waiting, blocking her space with the motor running, since the neighbor saw his truck there at 12:30 pm. Let's assume he pulls out, lets her park, pulls back in behind her. Two more minutes gone. They unbuckle the child and go into the condo at about 12:34 pm. The neighbor misses that part, altogether but she notices PF's is truck gone at 1:00 pm. So let's say it only took him a minute to dash out the door with the child, buckle her in, and take off. That's a 24 minute crime commision window. If we were LE investigators, maybe we could tighten that up a little by asking for videos from businesses like Sonic that might have caught KB driving home, and it would be prudent to knock on doors along Highway 24 westward, at least through Divide, looking for that red 2008 Toyota of PF's with the short person riding shotgun. That would be between 1:00 pm and 1:24 pm.
Once it officially elevated from a Missing Persons Investigation to a Murder Investigation, an event which I think I have pinned down to the conclusion of the December 10th news conference at 10:18 am, that's where I would have expected investigators to start looking. IMO
Sorry, I disagree with the bolded. The neighbor left her own home sometime during the 12:30-1pm timeframe. PF's truck was there as she went out. That's all she saw. She didn't know how long it had been there nor how long it stayed. IMO

In reviewing video, I also found that in the December 10th news conference, at 3:36 Chief Miles De Young stated that Kelsey was last seen at the Safeway store, shopping with her daughter, at 12:27 pm.
The Safeway surveillance video publicly shown is time and date stamped 12:05 pm, so it couldn't possibly be the last time KB was seen, u nless Chief De Young mispoke.
Again, the vid source is in the timeline.
And didn't the neighbor state she thought PF was at KB's at about 12:30 to 1?
Kelsey entered Safeway at 12:05 pm on 11/22. See timestamp on video here: New Footage Provides ‘Last Visual Confirmation’ Of Colorado Mom Who Vanished On Thanksgiving

Last confirmed sighting of Kelsey was 12:27 pm on 11/22 at Safeway: Video shows missing CO mom, baby on day she vanished

Safeway is 5 minutes from Kelsey's townhome:
Google Maps

A neighbor saw both Kelsey's vehicles parked facing her townhome and PF's truck parked sideways behind them between 12:30 and 1:00 on 11/22.
Neighbor: Kelsey Berreth is ‘a very kind-hearted person’

No. The neighbor left her own home sometime during that half hour (per her own estimate) and said PF's truck was there at that time. No inference about how long it had been there or how long it stayed. IMO

IIRC, and making allowances for terribly inconsistent reporting, the neighbor said PF's truck was parked the way he usually parked it: sideways behind KB's two cars.

If both of KB's cars were there and the neighbor's memory about the time frame is accurate, then PF didn't park there until after KB got home from Safeway.

eta: gotta be fast around here. I see everyone arrived at this conclusion ahead of me!

Yeah, 22 minutes inside the store would be about right, if there were typical long lines at the checkouts. Let's see......5 minutes to get out the door, belt the child in the seat and skedaddle home. PF must have been waiting, blocking her space with the motor running, since the neighbor saw his truck there at 12:30 pm. Let's assume he pulls out, lets her park, pulls back in behind her. Two more minutes gone. They unbuckle the child and go into the condo at about 12:34 pm. The neighbor misses that part, altogether but she notices PF's is truck gone at 1:00 pm. So let's say it only took him a minute to dash out the door with the child, buckle her in, and take off. That's a 24 minute crime commision window. If we were LE investigators, maybe we could tighten that up a little by asking for videos from businesses like Sonic that might have caught KB driving home, and it would be prudent to knock on doors along Highway 24 westward, at least through Divide, looking for that red 2008 Toyota of PF's with the short person riding shotgun. That would be between 1:00 pm and 1:24 pm.
Once it officially elevated from a Missing Persons Investigation to a Murder Investigation, an event which I think I have pinned down to the conclusion of the December 10th news conference at 10:18 am, that's where I would have expected investigators to start looking. IMO
No, see article below.
Sorry, I disagree with the bolded. The neighbor left her own home sometime during the 12:30-1pm timeframe. PF's truck was there as she went out. That's all she saw. She didn't know how long it had been there nor how long it stayed. IMO
Yes, see article below.

Neighbor: Kelsey Berreth is ‘a very kind-hearted person’
Her neighbor also provided some context that could help investigators about what happened Thanksgiving Day, saying they saw another red truck at the house. Berreth owns two cars — a red Chevy pickup and a small sedan — according to Stanfill.

Patrick Frazee, Berreth’s fiance, also owns a red pickup truck.

“I looked up there, and there was both red pickups there Thanksgiving Day. And that was from 12:30 [p.m.] to 1 p.m.,” the neighbor said. “The other two cars were parked with the vehicles facing the apartment, but his was parked sideways behind them.”

The neighbor said they never saw anybody on Thanksgiving Day, but having lived there while Berreth has over the last two years, they said they’ve seen the pickup before. They’ve also seen a man driving the pickup that has come and gone from the home to pick up or drop off a baby.

That information aligns with what Frazee told police through his attorney, saying he picked up their 1-year-old daughter some time that day.

The surveillance video from Safeway includes a 12:05 p.m. timestamp, meaning Frazee could have gone to Berreth’s home shortly after.

I can't wait to see KK with her courtroom makeover. And tomorrow is my day off.

Wish I was close enough to attend the court hearing tomorrow. I have a feeling we are in for a wild ride with all the expected finger pointing between PF and KK.

Since tomorrow's case just involves KK, I suppose we should not expect PF to be there until PF's trial starts. But I do wonder if PF's lawyer and PF's mom may show up for some info gathering. I have a feeling she is not too happy with her by now.

Along with PF always having a bullet proof vest on while he is in court maybe KK will get one too.

We need to buckle up and saddle up as we are in for a wild ride from this point on.

Reading how KKL’s counsel writes the objection to the Expanded Media Coverage request makes me wonder if they are going to try to paint her as an innocent and afraid first time offender?

Attachments

• 12979A0D-8D8D-419C-8C83-891A56EF06ED.jpeg
    12979A0D-8D8D-419C-8C83-891A56EF06ED.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 31
There has been so much confusion in this case that I find myself going back to view videos to discover that my memory of what I heard isn't what was actually said. In the December 19 press conference video, CB said nothing at all about KB's plans. In the question and answer period at the end, she interupted Chief DeYoung to state that the cinnamon rolls were cold. In the national TV video that evening, at 3:17 she commented on KB telling her that she was holding off buying a Christmas tree because she thought PF and their daughter might be planning on cutting one for her. At 5:17 CB commented that she thought CB and PF were planning on getting a place of their own.
I can find no description by anyone of KB's plans for Thanksgiving Day.
I'm not going to repost the links to the same videos that are in the timeline.
Thanks @Dave F. !! My apologies for adding to the confusion. Strange how our memories let us down :)

Thank you, @PommyMommy . I can see the confusion arising from the phrasing. "From x time to y time" generally means that whole time, as opposed to "at some point during that half hour". But I thought we had later clarification that the neighbor only saw the trucks once, as she was leaving. If that's correct then she used misleading, awkward phrasing. If she did see both trucks during that entire time then that's a different story in terms of what we know vs what we're guessing.

Wish I was close enough to attend the court hearing tomorrow. I have a feeling we are in for a wild ride with all the expected finger pointing between PF and KK.

Since tomorrow's case just involves KK, I suppose we should not expect PF to be there until PF's trial starts. But I do wonder if PF's lawyer and PF's mom may show up for some info gathering. I have a feeling she is not too happy with her by now.

Along with PF always having a bullet proof vest on while he is in court maybe KK will get one too.

We need to buckle up and saddle up as we are in for a wild ride from this point on.
I would doubt PF's public defenders would attend but they may have an assistant sit in. You would never know who that is however. KK isn't in custody, so the Sheriff's Office isn't going to provide her a vest.

I would doubt PF's public defenders would attend but they may have an assistant sit in. You would never know who that is however. KK isn't in custody, so the Sheriff's Office isn't going to provide her a vest.
I expect she won't be needing a vest, wherever she happens to be standing when she appears. CB appeared today in court, by phone. My guess is that KKL will have to take a higher step, to closed circuit television. Pretty much standard court procedure. IMO

Last edited:
Reading how KKL’s counsel writes the objection to the Expanded Media Coverage request makes me wonder if they are going to try to paint her as an innocent and afraid first time offender?
I'm sure that is what they are going for. My eyeballs might just roll right out of my head. Poor little KK.
MOO.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 3h3 hours ago
Frazee is protected and separated from other inmates at the Teller County Jail, Couch says. They take extra security measures for high-profile cases. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Rob McCallum on Twitter
Rob McCallum‏ @rwmccallum 2h2 hours ago
The Court has granted a a camera in the courtroom Friday for the 8:30 am advisement of Krystal Kenney. @DenverChannel has the pool #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV 3h3 hours ago
.@TCSOPIO says Frazee was wearing a ballistic vest that protects against most gunshots and stab attacks. He says they decided to take the extra precautions because of the case’s attention. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @KOAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV