CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If my memory serves me correctly, it was in CB's interview she mentioned vague plans about "possibly going out for dinner," which CB would have taken to mean with PF, is my guess.
There has been so much confusion in this case that I find myself going back to view videos to discover that my memory of what I heard isn't what was actually said. In the December 19 press conference video, CB said nothing at all about KB's plans. In the question and answer period at the end, she interupted Chief DeYoung to state that the cinnamon rolls were cold. In the national TV video that evening, at 3:17 she commented on KB telling her that she was holding off buying a Christmas tree because she thought PF and their daughter might be planning on cutting one for her. At 5:17 CB commented that she thought CB and PF were planning on getting a place of their own.
I can find no description by anyone of KB's plans for Thanksgiving Day.
I'm not going to repost the links to the same videos that are in the timeline.

Carol McKinley

@CarolAMcKinley

·
57s

NEW: judge says yes to camera the courtroom tomorrow for Krystal Kenney’s plea deal hearing. It will be the first time anyone has seen the woman police say drive #KelseyBerreth ‘s cellphone to Idaho and disposed of it. ⁦
@ABC
⁩ ⁦
@DenverChannel
(link: https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2019CR17/Order%20re_%20Request%20for%20Expanded%20Media%20Coverage.pdf) courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file…

There has been so much confusion in this case that I find myself going back to view videos to discover that my memory of what I heard isn't what was actually said. In the December 19 press conference video, CB said nothing at all about KB's plans. In the question and answer period at the end, she interupted Chief DeYoung to state that the cinnamon rolls were cold. In the national TV video that evening, at 3:17 she commented on KB telling her that she was holding off buying a Christmas tree because she thought PF and their daughter might be planning on cutting one for her. At 5:17 CB commented that she thought CB and PF were planning on getting a place of their own.
I can find no description by anyone of KB's plans for Thanksgiving Day.
I'm not going to repost the links to the same videos that are in the timeline.

BBM

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem.

So it appears that we don't really know if PF was supposed to pick up Baby K, pick up Baby K and KB, hang out with Baby K and KB or even get together at all. All we appear to have right now is the neighbor's testimony that she saw PF's truck at midday and whatever PF has told police. We don't even know for sure if KB was expecting PF that day.

And we all suspect that PF has a credibility issue.

I'm truly not certain KK is trying to "leverage" anything. Her attorney is just doing her job, as she should be. Obviously if she is taking a deal, she is paying for it by testifying for the state. So clearly, she is going to be absolutely DESTROYED by PF's defense. Her attorney is just ensuring they have absolutely everything they need. If PF's angle is going to include trying to maximize KK's involvement in the plot in order to take the blame off of himself, then of course KK's attorney is going to be on the defensive preemptively to make sure they have all the evidence they will need to counter that.
Exactly. Additionally, once one person starts "squealing" on another (or possibly otherS) those people lose their loyalty real quick and past bad deeds come to light real quick. What are the chances that murder is the first crime this brain trust collaborated on? It would be remiss of KK's lawyer (to the point of inadequate counsel answerable to the bar) not to request and review the discovery, as they have, thoroughly, prepare to defend KK, and be prepared for prior bad acts to be covered by any plea agreement, if possible. That's her attorney's job whether we like it or not. It doesn't mean that the deal won't happen, just that her attorney will do his/her best to mitigate damages and lessen penalties for KK. What her attorney is required to do.

ETA - cleaned up grammar. My English teacher would be so ashamed.

Last edited:
Repost fyi

Posting this as people were asking about plea Bargains, gitana1 has given her input, and I thought this was information from another thread that was insightful and a learning post by @Seattle1

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ct-2018-arrest-43.415671/reply?quote=14789907

"On average, 94 percent of state-level felony convictions are the result of plea bargains, as well as around 97 percent of federal convictions.
Most criminal cases end in plea bargains, not trials

Today, more than 95 percent of cases that resolve in a conviction are the result of plea bargains.
The Rise of Plea Bargains and Fall of the Right to Trial | ACS

Essentially, the rate is high, regardless of evidence.
Innocence Is Irrelevant in the Age of the Plea Bargain - The Atlantic""
Oh ITA with everyone, esp. @gitana1, I know it's necessary often times, but it still doesn't make it any easier right now. It's that human nature side of us <well me really> that can't logically reconcile such atrocious behavior. JMO

ETA: trigger finger before finished lol

Also, apparently custody remains with Berreths, and next hearing is April 4.

In the matter of #KelseyBerreth, the minor child remains with the maternal grandparents. Next hearing is April 4 at 8:30 am. Per Rob McCallum from District Court
Thank goodness something is working for the good of the Berreth family. Thank you CO JCD!

sorry if a repeat, but i found this interesting:
For all future #KelseyBerreth hearings in Teller County: 1 pool camera and 1 still camera in the courthouse. No video or still cameras in the courtroom. Tweeting will be allowed in the courtroom. Laptops for note taking are also allowed in the courtroom. per Rob McCallum, District Court PIO

"Frazee, the man accused of killing Berreth, arrived and departed the pre-trial conference hearing surrounded by deputies while shackled and wearing a vest designed to resist bullets and stab attacks.

The Teller County Sheriff’s Office determined the precautions will be needed for the remainder of his criminal case, even though they’ve heard of no verified threats.

The defendant is also no longer in general population at the Teller County Jail for his own protection."

"Meanwhile, Idaho woman Krystal Kenney is expected to appear at 8:30 a.m. Friday in Teller County in connection to the Berreth case.

Kenney, 32, is suspected of a class 6 charge of tampering with evidence, though she has not been formally charged yet.

The Teller County Sheriff’s Office tells News5’s Sam Kraemer that Kenney is not in custody and she likely won’t be taken into custody at Friday’s hearing."

Murder suspect Patrick Frazee wears protective vest for custody hearing in Teller County

BBM

I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem.

So it appears that we don't really know if PF was supposed to pick up Baby K, pick up Baby K and KB, hang out with Baby K and KB or even get together at all. All we appear to have right now is the neighbor's testimony that she saw PF's truck at midday and whatever PF has told police. We don't even know for sure if KB was expecting PF that day.

And we all suspect that PF has a credibility issue.

Exactly.
I always hated the early reports that included the word "exchanged" regarding how he got the child.

I have always thought from the very beginning that PF just TOOK/STOLE the child from KB after killing her. She had no intention of being away from her child on Thanksgiving IMO. The Cinnamon Buns were a special treat for her and her baby that day and was the beginning of what was supposed to be a joyful day in her life until PF STOLE everything from her including her life. :(

Upcoming Court Dates:

February 8th - Friday
Nurse KK Advisement Hearing 8:30am - Teller County​

February 19th- Tuesday
PF - Preliminary Hearing - 9am​

March 11th- Monday
PF Wrongful Death - Scheduling and Planning Conference - 1:30 pm​

April 4th - Thursday
Disposition Hearing (Custody) - 8:30am​
Much appreciated Tippy!

In reviewing video, I also found that in the December 10th news conference, at 3:36 Chief Miles De Young stated that Kelsey was last seen at the Safeway store, shopping with her daughter, at 12:27 pm.
The Safeway surveillance video publicly shown is time and date stamped 12:05 pm, so it couldn't possibly be the last time KB was seen, u nless Chief De Young mispoke.
Again, the vid source is in the timeline.

In reviewing video, I also found that in the December 10th news conference, at 3:36 Chief Miles De Young stated that Kelsey was last seen at the Safeway store, shopping with her daughter, at 12:27 pm.
The Safeway surveillance video publicly shown is time and date stamped 12:05 pm, so it couldn't possibly be the last time KB was seen, u nless Chief De Young mispoke.
Again, the vid source is in the timeline.

I wonder if 12:27 pm is the time she left Safeway. We have never seen video of her exit, but it seems unlikely that it doesn't exist. IIRC, she talked to her mother about a recipe that morning. She could easily have been running to Safeway to grab an ingredient she needed. That might also explain why her mother was surprised that she hadn't done her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV