CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carol McKinley on Twitter

EXCLUSIVE: law enforcement cutting the locks on ranch where #KelseyBerreth fiancée lives with their daughter. Search warrant served this morning. ⁦@ABCWorldNews⁩ ⁦@Clayton_Sandell

DuY3PTdVsAABsKT.jpg

Clayton Sandell on Twitter

BREAKING: Law enforcement officers just showed up to execute a search warrant at the home of Patrick Frazee, the fiancée police say was last to see missing mom #KelseyBerreth before she vanished on Thanksgiving. More to come. @ABC

DuY0YSAUUAAroiJ.jpg
Thanks @PommyMommy ! Not looking good for PF that he did not volunteer to allow the search!

Who texts their job to say I'm taking a week off?
In most work places I'd see that being an immediate dismissal.
In 2008 my job didn't allow texts to call out sick or whatever. You yourself had to CALL not your friend, not your fiance not your mama and NO TEXTS!
MOO
I think a desperate or emotionally unstable person might text their work and ask for a week off, but I am going to hold off on further comments on this item until we see what this search warrant they just served on the fiance’s family’s property holds.

Without going back to check, I thought I had seen where they were looking for any stolen planes. I was thinking it doesn't need to be stolen, plenty of pilots own their own planes or have access to rent them as I described. The reason I think plane is because her cars are at home and she is involved with flying. May be a complete wrong track though...
My notes on planes:

Kelsey’s family said that it would be out of character for her to not let anyone know if she planned on flying cross-country, regardless of her experience in the air.

“She does not own a plane nor do we know of any local friends that she would borrow one from,” they wrote on Facebook. “I don't believe she has ever made a flight without filing a flight plan. We do realize that it is possible to rent a plane, but I believe someone would be missing it by now.”

Monday, Dec. 10 press conference:
All planes at her place of work have been accounted for, and no indication that Kelsey flew somewhere.

Obviously in a strange way if they go three days with no contact but share a 1 year old.
We also don’t know if there was any further contact beforehand or after really. We only know what police have chosen to reveal and what the fiancé has led us to believe. They are searching fiance’s property now, so let’s see what happens.

They have their reasons. It’s a clue and in a case with not many of them I’m hopeful it’s a good one. And PF might very well be innocent. But LE did NOTHING to dissuade suspicion on him and I would argue even not so subtly encouraged it. So not the same as the MT case, no matter how many times that case is referenced. You don’t have to name people to point fingers. That last press conference was everything but. We’ll see what today brings. Hopefully more clues. Hopefully KB’s safe return.

Didn’t they say he’s not a suspect though? Of course they always say that, but they will know soon enough if he is truly cooperating and handed over dna and his phone

I have a gym bag with a separate makeup bag in it. And I also have enough makeup that my brother wouldn’t be able to tell if I took it all. But this is probably irrelevant for the moment since they are searching the fiance’s family’s property right now.

Even if you exclude the luggage, I think she would have taken her makeup. Somewhere else it was also said that she didn't take her toothbrush.

“Kelsey don’t go out in public without a shower, hair done, and makeup applied. All these items remain untouched. We know she made cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Thanksgiving, the remainder are still on the stovetop.”

Colorado mom missing since Thanksgiving[/QUOTE

My answers in blue:

Despite supplying the media link above, I haven't had the opportunity to read through, and have read only a handful of media reports. If anyone is willing to indulge me, that would be great!

Questions I have about the case:

1. Have their been any reports about any bizarre behavior on the part of Kelsey or mental health issues like post partum depression? (Excluding unverified rumor spread by any poster ala the Trinket78 debacle on the Watts thread). Any comments to the media by anyone who knew her? Any references to mental health issues in her social media? Has she even expressed any recent emotional distress?

No. Her family denies she has ever shown any behavior like this and no postpartum depression. Plus, she is a pilot. IIRC, someone posted here a link to the regular medical checks required by the FFA for that profession and it included yearly mental health evaluations. They also likely had to have drug tests to continue flying. Kelsey has no history of mental illness nor substance abuse.

2. Her mom stated it's not like her to disappear. Any evidence that she has done something like this before? Disappeared without warning or suddenly left a job? What are her habits when it comes to communication with work, friends and family and/or her communications regarding travel plans or notification regarding her whereabouts? For example, people who know me know that I let everyone know (family) where I'm going. Especially if I'm hiking I will name the location and often the exact trails if it's a longer hike.

Her mom stated Kelsey always tells her mom or other family members before she travels anywhere. She is close to her mom and her mom usually knows her work schedule-- when she can call her and when she is working. And this is my impression only, but it sounds like Kelsey and her mom mostly communicated via phone calls rather than texts (possibly why her mom did not get a texts when the job and fiance did?). Kelsey worked a lot of hours and had a 70 mile commute to her flight instructor job in Pueblo. Kelsey's mom also said she does not go hiking and she would certainly not go hiking somewhere alone.

3. Was there a wedding date set? If not, why not?

No date set, Her mom said they were looking for a place to buy to live together when they got married. Her mom said the price of cattle dropping had delayed the wedding because PF did not have enough money. PF has a small ranch of 35 acres and is a farrier (caring for horses and cattle).

4. Did she ever live with her fiancée? Why not, if not?

No. They have never lived together. However, KB's dad did say she sometimes spends the night at PF's house. Kelsey owns her own townhouse purchased this year in May. We can only speculate why they have the arrangement they do.

5. Does her fiancée live at home with his mother and if so, anyone know why and for how long? For example, did he move back so grandma could help with the baby?

There have been rumors he has a disabled mother he lives with (mom owns the home/land) and that his family helps with childcare. However, I have not seen this in the media. And we are not allowed to sleuth him or his family.

6. Any info about recent relationship issues or a recent breakup?

Only rumors and speculation that they broke up. Her family has said this was a "good relationship" and "they were loving" towards one another.

7. It appears Kelsey's mom is in CO to help find her daughter. Has she met with and spoke with the fiancée yet and if not, why?

We don't know. But we know she has not seen the baby.

8. Has she been able to see her granddaughter since she's been in CO and if not, why?

No. We can only speculate. When asked by a reporter if she had been able to see the baby and if she hoped to see the baby she breathed a heavy sigh, looked distressed and said something like "We'll see. Just have to take thing one day at a time" (My paraphrase, not exact quote).

9. Either Kelsey or her fiancée have criminal pasts?

Not that we have found. But we are not officially allowed to sleuth him yet (he is not a suspect/POI).

10. How about known anger/temper issues for either Kelsey or her fiancée?

Not that we know of.

11. Is there any info indicating the fiancée may have mental health issues?

Unknown and cannot be sleuthed at this point.

12. Does Kelsey's family know her fiancée and if so, how does her family relate to him? Do they have a friendly relationship?

Her family all lives out of state in Washington and Idaho. I get the impression they may have met him a few times but may not know him well (My opinion only). Her mom has mostly said it was a good relationship and avoided saying anything negative about him.

13. Have authorities asked to conduct a search of the fiancée's car or home and if so, has that happened? (I'm pretty sure we don't know).

We don't know.

14. Was there a parenting schedule and if so, when was the next time Kelsey was supposed to have the baby?

We don't know.

15. Did Kelsey and the fiancée have a regular pattern of communication and if so, when was the last time he communicated with her and was he alarmed after she stopped?

We don't know. He claims to have received a text from her phone on Nov 25th. We don't know what it said. Apparently he was not alarmed by it since he did not contact the authorities nor her family. Her family had to contact him and her family filed the missing person report/well check request.

16. Did Kelsey's fiancée tell anyone he could not get a hold of Kelsey or that she wasn't communicating and seemed to have disappeared or did he wait until her mother reported her missing on 12-2? If he waited, has anyone said why?

No and No.

17. What's the couple's history of intimate relationships? Normal? Volatile? Nonexistent?

We don't know about any past relationships.

18. What about their housing and living arrangement histories? Have each been independent financially and/or in their own housing?

Kelsey purchased her own 2 bedroom townhome in May of this year. Her name alone is on the mortgage. She also owns two cars, both left at home. It appears she was financially stable-- my opinion only.

19. Does fiancée fly too?

Unknown. He is a farrier by trade.

20. Where was fiancée when Kelsey's phones were pinging out of state?

Unknown (by us anyway-- I assume LE knows or has been told something).

21. What were Kelsey's plans for Thanskgiving? Was she spending it with her fiancée? If so, why no alert by him to police or her family when she did t show up?

Her mom said she was having dinner with PF. Mom did not know (or did not say?) where the dinner was to take place but it was not at Kesley's house. As for why he did not alert anyone-- in the words of the police "You would have to ask Patrick".

22. Why did it take so long for her mom to report her missing?

We don't really know. But her mom lives out of state and knows Kelsey works long days/long weeks and doesn't always have time to call (70 mile commute). We don't know how many times she tried to call Kelsey over the course of those 10 days. Plus, PF might have told mom on Nov 25 that he had just gotten a text from her that day and everthing was fine. We are not privy to their conversation. It seems mom waited another week after hearing about that Nov 25 text and then asked for a well check when Kelsey still had not returned her calls. MOO.

Observations:

- If Kelsey was supposed to see her baby again before the date she went missing, or see her fiancée for thanksgiving, but didn't show and her fiancée failed to tell the authorities or Kelsey's family or friends - huge red flag.

- If there was a recent break up precipitated by Kelsey, huge red flag.

- If the fiancée has not lived apart from his mom much, that might indicate something is amiss.

- If the fiancée is not allowing grandma to see her grand child, massive red flag.

- Fiancée stated through his attorney that he didn't show for the presser because he only had an hour's notice. But wasn't it forecast days before? If so, he's lying and that's a red flag for me.

I agree with your observations, MANY giant red flags waving here.

ETA: And now they are searching PF's property!

(Breaking news I had not yet seen when all the above answers were posted)

Last edited:
My notes on planes:

Kelsey’s family said that it would be out of character for her to not let anyone know if she planned on flying cross-country, regardless of her experience in the air.

“She does not own a plane nor do we know of any local friends that she would borrow one from,” they wrote on Facebook. “I don't believe she has ever made a flight without filing a flight plan. We do realize that it is possible to rent a plane, but I believe someone would be missing it by now.”

Monday, Dec. 10 press conference:
All planes at her place of work have been accounted for, and no indication that Kelsey flew somewhere.[/QUOTE

I think it would be very out of character for a mother of a 1 year old to fly anywhere without the child, much, much less likly to do so without informing anyone.

Last edited:
Didn’t they say he’s not a suspect though? Of course they always say that, but they will know soon enough if he is truly cooperating and handed over dna and his phone

Yes, as of right now he is not a suspect or a POI.

No, they did not say he was not a suspect. Neither did they say he was a suspect. They said he was the father of the baby.
MOO

Are search warrants public information in Teller County?? would love to see what they are looking for.....
That’s what I was wondering. Will it be public knowledge? Or don’t they need to divulge such info?

Is there still a presser today? And if so, what time? Or was that yesterday? Had a busy week and can’t keep my days straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416