CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it was on 25 November this has been clearly stated and repeated, it was in the original LE press conference. Mom contacted PF the same day the texts were received by KB's work. What is your source to indicate that information has changed?
If you read the police documentation and listen to the police’s statements, the sequence of events is reported as...

Dec. 2 - Mom contacts police

When mom contacts police, they investigate and discover texts sent to work and fiancé on the 25th.

This is linked many times in these threads.

Here's a rough timeline largely taken from the Inside Edition timeline and still a work in progress. Help with additions/corrections, etc. is appreciated. :)

Thursday, Nov. 22
  • Surveillance footage from Safeway showed Kelsey shopping for groceries with K at 12:27 pm. This is the last time Kelsey was seen.
  • PF said he saw her later in the afternoon when he picked up K.
Sunday, Nov. 25
  • Doss Aviation received texts from her cell phone saying she would not be at work for the next week
  • Kelsey’s cellphone pinged near Gooding, Idaho at 5:13 pm about 600 miles from her home in Woodland Park.
  • PF received a text from Kelsey’s phone. Investigators have not revealed what that message said.
Sunday, Dec. 2
  • Kelsey’s mother, CB reached out to PF, who called her back and said he hadn’t heard from her since her text on 11/25.
  • CB reported Kelsey missing.
  • Police conducted a community caretaker search on Kelsey’s home. Her cars, her makeup, clothes and her toothbrush all appeared untouched since Thanksgiving and cold cinnamon rolls were found on the counter.
Monday, Dec. 3
  • Woodland Park Police issued its first appeal to the public.
Wednesday, Dec. 5
  • Kelsey’s loved ones created the “Missing Mother – Kelsey Berreth” Facebook page.
  • Police say Kelsey was last seen wearing a white shirt, gray sweater, blue pants that may have been jeans, white shoes and had a brown purse.
Thursday, Dec. 6
  • Kelsey’s family said that it would be out of character for her to not let anyone know if she planned on flying cross-country.
  • “She does not own a plane nor do we know of any local friends that she would borrow one from,” they wrote on Facebook. “I don't believe she has ever made a flight without filing a flight plan. We do realize that it is possible to rent a plane, but I believe someone would be missing it by now.”
Friday, Dec. 7
  • A prayer vigil was held for Kelsey outside her brother’s home in Tacoma, Washington.
Monday, Dec. 10
  • Press conference with WPPD and Kelsey’s mother.
  • WPPD is working with CBI, the FBI and officials in Gooding, Idaho.
  • All planes at her place of work have been accounted for, and no indication that Kelsey flew somewhere.
  • No one has been identified as a suspect in Kelsey’s disappearance.
  • Kelsey’s fiancé, CF, was invited to the press conference, but did not come. “That’s a question you would have to ask him,” De Young said of Frazee’s decision to not attend.
  • CF is cooperating with police and is watching over his and Kelsey’s young daughter, De Young said.
  • Kelsey has never lived with CF, her mother told reporters.
  • CB said, “I’d just like to talk to you a little bit about Kelsey,” she said. “She’s not the kind that runs off. This is completely out of character.
  • “Kelsey loves her God, she loves her family and friends, and she loves her job,” CB said. “She’s reliable, considerate and honest. … She doesn’t run off, and someone knows where she’s at.”
  • Investigators announced they have created an email address dedicated to Kelsey’s case. Anyone with information is asked to email kelsey@city-woodlandpark.com.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
  • Police released the last known footage that captured Kelsey at Safeway before she disappeared.
Thursday, Dec. 13
  • CB spoke to NBC, saying she remains hopeful her daughter will be found.
  • “I can’t think of anywhere she’s gone where she hasn’t told me,” CB told NBC. “It’s just not in her character to do something, to just take off and be gone.”
  • CB said she spoke with her daughter twice on Thanksgiving, including once when Kelsey needed the details of a recipe.
  • “Her voice was fine,” her mother said. “It was a normal day for her.”
  • CB said her daughter did not live with her fiance, Frazee, with whom she has a 1-year-old daughter, but that they have a strong bond.
  • “The relationship has been good,” said Cheryl. “They’re loving.”
  • CF's attorney, Jeremy Loew issued a statement. His client is cooperating with police and voluntarily released his phone to be searched by investigators and has provided cheek swabs for DNA samples.
  • Frazee wasn't present at the press conference because he only learned of it an hour before.
  • Loew said he also advised CF against speaking publicly to avoid impeding the investigation.
  • A candlelight vigil is planned for Thursday evening at the flagpole at Memorial Park in Woodland Park.

This should read:

Nov 25: Kelsey’s mother, CB reached out to PF, who called her back and said he hadn’t heard from her since he picked up the child on 11/2.
If you read the police documentation and listen to the police’s statements, the sequence of events is reported as...

Dec. 2 - Mom contacts police

When mom contacts police, they investigate and discover texts sent to work and fiancé on the 25th.

This is linked many times in these threads.

I listened to the original press conference. Many things are linked many times in these threads and are still inaccurate.

I keep going back to the fiancé being involved. KB has lived there for only two years. Her daughter is 15months old. That means KB was pregnant before she moved to CO. It’s possible PF had never asked her to marry him when he found out she was pregnant with his child. So maybe she decided moving close to him would be the way for him to grow close to his child and then he would propose. Maybe she used this reasoning with her parents and told them they were engaged when they were not. Maybe he indeed got close to his little girl and did not want to marry KB and maybe she is missing because of him. I.e., foul play.
I apologize for all the maybes. MOO.

Questions for Kelsey's Aunt: Have Cheryl & Clint been able to stay in Kelsey's home and see baby K? If not, why? What is K's last name?
So glad you're on Websleuths! hugs!
Her name is on the banner of the thread if you are new here. It's Kelsey Berreth. Welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on what they had agreed on for Thanksgiving. If she had already agreed the baby could attend to see his extended family at a gathering, and was going to be alone, she might have thought this was a good time to make such a long drive on her own since it’s difficult to travel that far with a baby that age.

Without her car?

I think this may be a new quote. In case it hasn't been posted yet (bolded by me):

...We asked her cousin, Jodee Garretson, why there was that time span between when she was last seen and when she was reported missing.

"I think there's information that we just don't all know yet because it is tied to the case, and I don't doubt that when all the information comes out, it's going to be understandable at that time," Garretson said. "It's a long story and that's not all something that can be shared right now."

Community holds vigil for mother missing from Woodland Park since Thanksgiving

This should read:

Nov 25: Kelsey’s mother, CB reached out to PF, who called her back and said he hadn’t heard from her since he picked up the child on 11/2.

I listened to the original press conference. Many things are linked many times in these threads and are still inaccurate.

Agreed. Please just go to the police department’s site or FB page or their flier and read it for yourself.

I posted yesterday about what reasonable scenarios we might be able to think of that could logically explain the few details we do have.

For example, she got a recipe and went grocery shopping and left cinnamon rolls out = perhaps she was interrupted while baking for a holiday gathering.

To me, if we have to guess based on these very limited facts, it seems most likely that she left in a third vehicle with another party who stopped by.

It also seems reasonable to imagine she may have initially left voluntarily due to no signs of struggle. This likely implies someone else was present who she knew and trusted.

If she is not prone to impulsive behavior like running away (and I don’t know anything about this), it also seems reasonable to think she may have either believed there was an emergency (no time to grab much of anything on her way out) or that she believed she wouldn’t be gone long (no reason to grab more than her purse or keys).

But then she didn’t return.

This is where it gets harder for me to come up with reasonable scenarios because the facts get even more sparse.

I think it’s reasonable to think she may have headed toward a Thanksgiving gathering with another party. Who and where?

I think it’s marginally reasonable to think that because her phone ended up in Idaho, she may have been with or been heading toward someone connected to her past childhood or family since she has family there.

I understand the phone ping could be a plant/ruse scenario. I just don’t have any facts that point to that yet. I hope they have something new to reveal at the presser.

Thoughts?
Who would she trust enough just up,and leave? Did she go willingly? Most people won't just up and leave with strangers. Why bake the rolls,and leave them?
If she did not leave willingly who could take her,hold her captive,and nobody take notice. Who could drive up to 600 miles with her,and nobody bat an eye if they saw them?

Agreed. Please just go to the police department’s site or FB page or their flier and read it for yourself.

Unfortunately the LE press release does not specify this information. But they did say it in their original press conference so unless they have corrected it somewhere else...?

Here is what we know:

Kelsey talked to her Mom on Thanksgiving, twice. Kelsey asked her Mom for a recipe.

Kelsey went to Safeway with the baby. We saw her put the baby in the cart.

According to PF, he picked the baby up that afternoon- obviously, after the Safeway grocery store trip.

Kelsey disappears, takes nothing with her other than her purse and phone.

Kelsey contacts PF and her work by text on Nov 25.

Kelsey has now gone dark in terms of phoning, texting, social media. No one has seen or heard from her since Nov 25th.

My question would be - when PF picked up the baby , what were the arrangements in terms of when the baby would be returned to mom?
Every baby needs their mom and even if she was going away for a week , surely there would be pre arrangements made as to when KB would check in with PF to speak to the baby ( even if the baby is too young to talk, mom would still want to face time or something to say hi ).
It’s bizzare that he never heard from her after 22nd and thought no more of it until CB reported her missing to the Police on 2/12
If it was the father of my children, he would be wanting to know when I was back so that he could have a few hours to himself to de stress and go play golf after having the babies ( I had twins ) for a week !

This should read:

I am using what the WPPD officer said in the press conference. What is your source that CB called PF on 11/25?

Beginning about the 1:50 mark in the video linked below:

Kelsey was reported missing on Dec 2. Police contacted her employer who advised that they received a text from Kelsey's phone on 11/25.

DeYoung further states, "Cheryl did reach out to Kelsey's fiance' Patrick Frazee, and he called her back saying he hadn't heard from her since November 25th when Kelsey texted him."

Unfortunately the LE press release does not specify this information. But they did say it in their original press conference so unless they have corrected it somewhere else...?

This is shared by LE in a few places I mentioned but here is the flyer in case that helps:

Attachments

• A39213A8-0A6F-41A2-9CE9-53BA749686CD.jpeg
    A39213A8-0A6F-41A2-9CE9-53BA749686CD.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 20
Here is what I think, not sure why or where the mental health and hospital come in. Sounds like someone threw rocks in the river to create a ripple effect. Thinking people need to stick to the facts and not opinions on my niece or sister.
Start at the beginning, restate your facts, only those stated by authorities or known family, or lawyer. Do a flow chart of events and facts.

@Kelsey's Aunt based on the BBM part of your statement the only lawyer that has spoken was PF's and he distinctly said that his client "is not a singular person of interest in this case" during an interview. We know LE hasn't named PF as a specific POI but when asked they didn't deny it either, they simply said he's the father of her daughter. I'm sure you can understand why the public is confused. The singular comment threw me off and leads me to think that there's more than one POI, maybe more family involved?

Sounds to me we’re being told
•Just stick to the facts.
•No speculations.

Over and over.

Who would she trust enough just up,and leave? Did she go willingly? Most people won't just up and leave with strangers. Why bake the rolls,and leave them?
If she did not leave willingly who could take her,hold her captive,and nobody take notice. Who could drive up to 600 miles with her,and nobody bat an eye if they saw them?
Kelsey's brother said she made the cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Thanksgiving. MOO

I hope LE are looking into all small planes that travelled NW from Pueblo on Thanksgiving Day. I assume they are. I keep wondering if she agreed to go with someone on a spur of the moment air trip that day, and then something went wrong.

Two relevant anecdotes that prompt me to this thought: First, I spent Thanksgiving alone this year, by choice. But even though it was by choice, it felt WEIRD. I could see someone being willing to do something a bit unusual rather than be alone on a traditional gathering day. Especially if it's true that they broke up just one day before.

Second, when I was in college, I went on a date that involved travel in a small plane. My date was a member of the University's flying club, and he had only to check out one of their planes. We flew maybe an hour to a small coastal airport, where he had two bicycles stashed behind the shed (tiny rural airport, plus this was decades ago). We had a nice bike ride along scenic roads, then flew back home the same day.

Just some thoughts, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member