CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her tiny, tiny duplex is about the size of your bathroom. She didn't have room for multiple suitcases. It would be far more obvious to her brother if her makeup wasn't taken especially if her mascara, curling wand, foundation and etc... were sitting on her bathroom counter. A beautiful woman like Kelsey would take her makeup on any vacation. She'd also take her own shampoo, hair conditioner, and curling iron. Her brother would know this.

She also would have put up the cinnamon rolls. Nobody would leave those sitting out while they went on a vacation.
<mod fix quote>
(sorry about the crummy quoting...)

Kelsey owns a 2-bedroom house (way bigger than my 80-square-foot bathroom, but thanks for assuming!). I'm not sure how you know she didn't have room for multiple suitcases - have you been in the house?

My point is that if she lived alone, no one would really know whether stuff was missing or not. I wasn't saying she packed up and left, because I don't think she did. Just that relying on an out-of-state relative to tell you that nothing is missing from her house doesn't sound like fabulous police procedure.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find most interesting is the FBI has joined the search of the property. In order for the FBI to be involved their needs to be an 'interstate aspect' to the alleged crime. (or serial killer but I dont think thats the case here) Therefore speculation that the Gooding cell tower ping being a false flag is very remote.

I’m not too surprised given what we have seen in recent missing persons’s cases. The cell ping is all the more reason that it’s not unusual

Wish they had done this search weeks ago. Given that he was the last one to see her and he failed to report her missing, it seems they should have done this long ago.
They can only do so much until they get probable cause.
They can't just go in guns blazing and take things. It's called illegal search,and seizure.
Also a judge has to have enough reason,and probable cause to sign a search warrant. They have to be sure to dot their Is,and cross their Ts.

What I find most interesting is the FBI has joined the search of the property. In order for the FBI to be involved their needs to be an 'interstate aspect' to the alleged crime. (or serial killer but I dont think thats the case here) Therefore speculation that the Gooding cell tower ping being a false flag is very remote.
Not necessarily. One of the biggest things the FBI does is assist local agencies with investigations. They can provide expertise in various areas and trained personnel and the use of their crime labs. But its not an FBI investigation in its own right. In essence, they are working for the Teller County Sheriff's Office since that is the agency with jurisdiction here. Now, if there is a suggestion that a kidnapping has crossed state lines, there can be federal jurisdiction. But I don't get the feeling that is what is the basis for the FBI's presence here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste