CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a difficult set up to stage undetected for him too- Its an almost 24hr rnd trip. Someone in his family is going to either have to watch the baby or will miss the baby. If he lied and said the baby is with its mother, well everyone knows about that now. You almost have to get people involved.

More than 24 hours passed. But yes, it's a good point. You would have to get other people involved in order to do that. Most definitely.

Its a difficult set up to stage undetected for him too- Its an almost 24hr rnd trip. Someone in his family is going to either have to watch the baby or will miss the baby. If he lied and said the baby is with its mother, well everyone knows about that now. You almost have to get people involved.

I agree that either he is telling the truth OR evidence will soon arise that disproves this line of thinking.

As far as I know, the travel to family scenario is just a hypothesis that has not yet been officially confirmed. So I don’t think any of us (outside of possibly Kelsey’s Aunt) know what the fiancé’s explanation was. It’s possible, however, that police have already been able to confirm some of her travel...OR have already been able to dispute his timeline. Perhaps the presser today will tell.

It's a shame that the few facts released were so muddled at the beginning, and that attempts at clarification haven't been very successful. The timeline needs fleshing out and more details. Hopefully LE has more to go on and will release more info at the upcoming press conference today, rather than release a photo of KB and say "Keep an eye out for her!"

I agree that either he is telling the truth OR evidence will soon arise that disproves this line of thinking.

As far as I know, the travel to family scenario is just a hypothesis that has not yet been officially confirmed. So I don’t think any of us (outside of possibly Kelsey’s Aunt) know what the fiancé’s explanation was. It’s possible, however, that police have already been able to confirm some of her travel...OR have already been able to dispute his timeline. Perhaps the presser today will tell.
Time will tell and the truth will come out...soon I hope especially for her family, friends etc. I still think there was some kind of altercation at her house, he freaked out for whatever reason, drove to Idaho and who knows what else. I'm no psychic but I feel it in my gut.

It would always be my judgment to release more info than LE do. However, I have seen them withhold info about previous pings and routes before. Sometimes they have a reason for trying to focus the country’s attention on a specific region. Let’s hope they were right here.
Possible, but they aren't really focusing anybody on Idaho. They haven't organized searches, asked people to be on the lookout for her phone, given a description of the phone etc... All LE is asking is for people to spread her picture and to bring awareness. I could definitely understand they would keep it to themselves if they had recovered her phone but if they had pings the whole way, lets say in a particular town or near a gas station it would be a huge benefit for them to release that.

Its all going to be easy to check out and I suspect that LE already knows a lot of it.

Possible, but they aren't really focusing anybody on Idaho. They haven't organized searches, asked people to be on the lookout for her phone, given a description of the phone etc... All LE is asking is for people to spread her picture and to bring awareness. I could definitely understand they would keep it to themselves if they had recovered her phone but if they had pings the whole way, lets say in a particular town or near a gas station it would be a huge benefit for them to release that.

How do you know they aren’t taking further action in Idaho? I believe I read they have been communicating with LE there.

@gitana1, see answers in red.

1. Have their been any reports about any bizarre behavior on the part of Kelsey or mental health issues like post partum depression? (Excluding unverified rumor spread by any poster ala the Trinket78 debacle on the Watts thread). Any comments to the media by anyone who knew her? Any references to mental health issues in her social media? Has she even expressed any recent emotional distress?
No.

2. Her mom stated it's not like her to disappear. Any evidence that she has done something like this before? Disappeared without warning or suddenly left a job? What are her habits when it comes to communication with work, friends and family and/or her communications regarding travel plans or notification regarding her whereabouts? For example, people who know me know that I let everyone know (family) where I'm going. Especially if I'm hiking I will name the location and often the exact trails if it's a longer hike.
Kelsey's mother said, “I can’t think of anywhere she’s ever gone where she hasn’t told me,” said Berreth. “It’s just not in her character to do something, to just take off and be gone.”
Mother of missing Colorado mom speaks out on daughter's disappearance

3. Was there a wedding date set? If not, why not?
Seattle1 answered - post #24

4. Did she ever live with her fiancée? Why not, if not?
Around 7:28 or so, Kelsey's mother says they have never lived together. She does not say why.

How do you know they aren’t taking further action in Idaho? I believe I read they have been communicating with LE there.
I am sure there is a lot going on in the background; I know 0.01% of what is going on. But if they really thought she might be in Idaho or even that her phone was dumped there they would probably also tell people, "Police are asking anybody in the vicinity of the intersection of X and Y in Gooding Idaho at this time to come forward if they saw anything suspicious" or "people in that area who may have found a discarded cell phone etc...

I just don't think it was PF.

It would be very hard to travel 700 miles with a 1 year old.

He would have been spotted everywhere.

Jmo
He's a man. He just pulls off to the side of a rural road to urinate. Nobody pays any attention to that. He could change the baby's diaper inside his truck. He could pull over at a convenience store and mix her powered formula with water and no one would pay attention. I once drove by myself from Baltimore to Dallas with 3 kids under the age of 5 in an amazingly short time. This is the same distance of a round trip from CO to ID. Many kids fall asleep and sleep well on car rides.

It's a shame that the few facts released were so muddled at the beginning, and that attempts at clarification haven't been very successful. The timeline needs fleshing out and more details. Hopefully LE has more to go on and will release more info at the upcoming press conference today, rather than release a photo of KB and say "Keep an eye out for her!"

It is. As much as I’ve tried to follow the case as recently as yesterday I still had an erroneous MSM report in my head that I thought had been corroborated but has proved not to be true. I’m glad for the pressers and hopeful for clarity soon. An established, factual timeline is a good start.

I am sure there is a lot going on in the background; I know 0.01% of what is going on. But if they really thought she might be in Idaho or even that her phone was dumped there they would probably also tell people, "Police are asking anybody in the vicinity of the intersection of X and Y in Gooding Idaho at this time to come forward if they saw anything suspicious" or "people in that area who may have found a discarded cell phone etc...

Agreed. Same. I just know I am routinely surprised be how slowly LE release information they have. Perhaps we will hear the sort of thing you mentioned here said today.

Call me crazy, and if this has already been addressed I apologize, but it is possible the KB escaped Idaho from a previous abusive relationship? Looking at the timelines of the new job, pregnancy and birth of the little one, is it possible that PF is not the biological father and was helping raise the child as his own? Maybe he just found out he wasn't the father? Would she have been meeting up with or abducted by an ex from Idaho and that's why they went back that way?

I think the surprise trip to visit family, where something happened along the way is unlikely- she would take the baby her family never gets to see would she not? And she would drive her car, with the car seat and all the baby stuff inside. Something interrupted just after baking- I mean who can leave cinnamon roles on the counter without testing a couple
“Kelsey don’t go out in public without a shower, hair done, and makeup applied. All these items remain untouched. We know she made cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Thanksgiving, the remainder are still on the stovetop.”
Colorado mom missing since Thanksgiving

I don’t find it extremely odd that she and PF didn’t live together, if she is super religious. It sounds backwards, but I know that even if you have a baby before marriage, many religions would expect you to stay living apart prior to marriage. Aside from religion, maybe she didn’t want to sell her townhouse, and it was just easier for him to live home at the ranch because of his work hours or because he could be needed in a pinch/no time to commute in a pinch

“Kelsey don’t go out in public without a shower, hair done, and makeup applied. All these items remain untouched. We know she made cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Thanksgiving, the remainder are still on the stovetop.”
But if it ends up being confirmed they broke up, she may have been having a hard time and not gone to her normal lengths in getting ready.

Call me crazy, and if this has already been addressed I apologize, but it is possible the KB escaped Idaho from a previous abusive relationship? Looking at the timelines of the new job, pregnancy and birth of the little one, is it possible that PF is not the biological father and was helping raise the child as his own? Maybe he just found out he wasn't the father? Would she have been meeting up with or abducted by an ex from Idaho and that's why they went back that way?

It might have been possible. I would think by now, with this being national news, she would have contacted LE to let them know she’s done this of her own volition and is safe. Unless she is running from more than just what you mentioned. But no evidence yet makes that seem like what happened

I’ve seen this said in many articles, but she appeared to be wearing a messy bun at Safeway. I wouldn’t necessarily call that “hair done”, but I guess that is trivial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71