CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if he did anything or not.

Something could have happened to her after he left (if what he is saying is true about picking up the baby at her place).

I don't get why ppl are SO focused on the fiance.

She had co workers, current and former students, ex boyfriend s( im sure) friends etc.

Anyone could have done something.

JMO

Mollie Tibbetts case is the one that makes me hesitant to point the finger at anyone related to her. Or, even a crazy case like Natalie Bollinger. You just never know.

Mollie Tibbetts case is the one that makes me hesitant to point the finger at anyone related to her. Or, even a crazy case like Natalie Bollinger. You just never know.

You really don't

LE shows CB called PF 12/2, that's what started the report.

Given the wonky MSM reports all along - dog for example - I'm going only by what LE releases for dates.

So
11/22
KB speaks to CB twice.
12:30, KB goes to Safeway with baby
PF picks up baby from KB at some point.

11/25
Whoever has KB phone texts Doss and PF. Unknown if singular texts or multiple.
5:13 (?) KB phone pings near Gooding, Idaho. Verizon says accurate ping.

12/2
CB contacts PF.
CB contacts WPPD for welfare check.

Is that all of the background that's been released?

Pretty much. I'm only going by what is in the news release from the Woodland Park PD but even that doesn't mention anything about her mom contacting PF on the 25th or the 2nd.

All these fictional and fantasy narratives and "what if there was..." are the very kinds of things the family has been cautioning and asking people not to do. People who don't know the victim, don't know the family, don't know anything are spinning tales and adding pretend evidence and creating elaborate scenarios, which don't help and, according to the family, are wrong and hurtful.
This might be entertainment for some portion of the public, which happens in many missing person cases, but family members are affected.
right- there a few things that don't make sense. The investigators are already teasing those apart. Checking statements for inconsistencies and lies. Staging a cell phone ping hundreds of miles away without leaving any trace would be difficult to hide. Start with the most logical, probable things and move on as you eliminate those. I just have this hunch we are going to hear something sooner rather than later on this one.

All these fictional and fantasy narratives and "what if there was..." are the very kinds of things the family has been cautioning and asking people not to do. People who don't know the victim, don't know the family, don't know anything are spinning tales and adding pretend evidence and creating elaborate scenarios, which don't help and, according to the family, are wrong and hurtful.
This might be entertainment for some portion of the public, which happens in many missing person cases, but family members are affected.

Thank you!

Here is what we know:

Kelsey talked to her Mom on Thanksgiving, twice. Kelsey asked her Mom for a recipe.

Kelsey went to Safeway with the baby. We saw her put the baby in the cart.

According to PF, he picked the baby up that afternoon- obviously, after the Safeway grocery store trip.

Kelsey disappears, takes nothing with her other than her purse and phone.

Kelsey contacts PF and her work by text on Nov 25.

Kelsey has now gone dark in terms of phoning, texting, social media. No one has seen or heard from her since Nov 25th.

Maybe LE is not releasing what the text to PF said because they know it was not Kelsey or PF that sent the text.

Jmo

They have their reasons. It’s a clue and in a case with not many of them I’m hopeful it’s a good one. And PF might very well be innocent. But LE did NOTHING to dissuade suspicion on him and I would argue even not so subtly encouraged it. So not the same as the MT case, no matter how many times that case is referenced. You don’t have to name people to point fingers. That last press conference was everything but. We’ll see what today brings. Hopefully more clues. Hopefully KB’s safe return.

We don't know if he did anything or not.

Something could have happened to her after he left (if what he is saying is true about picking up the baby at her place).

I don't get why ppl are SO focused on the fiance.

She had co workers, current and former students, ex boyfriend s( im sure) friends etc.

Anyone could have done something.

JMO

IMO, the reasons for the focus are:

-He picked the baby up from KB's house. Currently, he's the last person to have seen her that we know about.

-He didn't report her missing

-He didn't attend the first press conference

-He's already retained a criminal defense attorney

-He's refused to talk to the press so far

He doesn't seem to be behaving like someone who is concerned that the mother of his baby is missing and has been out of contact with anyone that we know of since Thanksgiving Day.

Here's a rough timeline largely taken from the Inside Edition timeline and still a work in progress. Help with additions/corrections, etc. is appreciated. :)

Thursday, Nov. 22
  • Surveillance footage from Safeway showed Kelsey shopping for groceries with K at 12:27 pm. This is the last time Kelsey was seen.
  • PF said he saw her later in the afternoon when he picked up K.
Sunday, Nov. 25
  • Doss Aviation received texts from her cell phone saying she would not be at work for the next week
  • Kelsey’s cellphone pinged near Gooding, Idaho at 5:13 pm about 600 miles from her home in Woodland Park.
  • PF received a text from Kelsey’s phone. Investigators have not revealed what that message said.
Sunday, Dec. 2
  • Kelsey’s mother, CB reached out to PF, who called her back and said he hadn’t heard from her since her text on 11/25.
  • CB reported Kelsey missing.
  • Police conducted a community caretaker search on Kelsey’s home. Her cars, her makeup, clothes and her toothbrush all appeared untouched since Thanksgiving and cold cinnamon rolls were found on the counter.
Monday, Dec. 3
  • Woodland Park Police issued its first appeal to the public.
Wednesday, Dec. 5
  • Kelsey’s loved ones created the “Missing Mother – Kelsey Berreth” Facebook page.
  • Police say Kelsey was last seen wearing a white shirt, gray sweater, blue pants that may have been jeans, white shoes and had a brown purse.
Thursday, Dec. 6
  • Kelsey’s family said that it would be out of character for her to not let anyone know if she planned on flying cross-country.
  • “She does not own a plane nor do we know of any local friends that she would borrow one from,” they wrote on Facebook. “I don't believe she has ever made a flight without filing a flight plan. We do realize that it is possible to rent a plane, but I believe someone would be missing it by now.”
Friday, Dec. 7
  • A prayer vigil was held for Kelsey outside her brother’s home in Tacoma, Washington.
Monday, Dec. 10
  • Press conference with WPPD and Kelsey’s mother.
  • WPPD is working with CBI, the FBI and officials in Gooding, Idaho.
  • All planes at her place of work have been accounted for, and no indication that Kelsey flew somewhere.
  • No one has been identified as a suspect in Kelsey’s disappearance.
  • Kelsey’s fiancé, CF, was invited to the press conference, but did not come. “That’s a question you would have to ask him,” De Young said of Frazee’s decision to not attend.
  • CF is cooperating with police and is watching over his and Kelsey’s young daughter, De Young said.
  • Kelsey has never lived with CF, her mother told reporters.
  • CB said, “I’d just like to talk to you a little bit about Kelsey,” she said. “She’s not the kind that runs off. This is completely out of character.
  • “Kelsey loves her God, she loves her family and friends, and she loves her job,” CB said. “She’s reliable, considerate and honest. … She doesn’t run off, and someone knows where she’s at.”
  • Investigators announced they have created an email address dedicated to Kelsey’s case. Anyone with information is asked to email kelsey@city-woodlandpark.com.
Tuesday, Dec. 11
  • Police released the last known footage that captured Kelsey at Safeway before she disappeared.
Thursday, Dec. 13
  • CB spoke to NBC, saying she remains hopeful her daughter will be found.
  • “I can’t think of anywhere she’s gone where she hasn’t told me,” CB told NBC. “It’s just not in her character to do something, to just take off and be gone.”
  • CB said she spoke with her daughter twice on Thanksgiving, including once when Kelsey needed the details of a recipe.
  • “Her voice was fine,” her mother said. “It was a normal day for her.”
  • CB said her daughter did not live with her fiance, Frazee, with whom she has a 1-year-old daughter, but that they have a strong bond.
  • “The relationship has been good,” said Cheryl. “They’re loving.”
  • CF's attorney, Jeremy Loew issued a statement. His client is cooperating with police and voluntarily released his phone to be searched by investigators and has provided cheek swabs for DNA samples.
  • Frazee wasn't present at the press conference because he only learned of it an hour before.
  • Loew said he also advised CF against speaking publicly to avoid impeding the investigation.
  • A candlelight vigil is planned for Thursday evening at the flagpole at Memorial Park in Woodland Park.

LE's job is to investigate and solve a case, if possible. Their job is not to try and manage the public's unending thirst and demand to know everything going on or worry about the public playing their version of "Clue" (Mrs. Mustard in the pantry with the candlestick AHA!) .
The things that help are witnesses who may have spotted something, people on the inside who may know or have been told something, digital evidence and verifiable tips that arent' just someone imagining something.
One thing I'm sure they're checking out would be any cameras along the route from KB's home in CO to where her phone pinged in ID. That's the kind of possible digital evidence that if exists could be very helpful in trying to determine if a certain vehicle was spotted on one or more of the roads.

Here is what we know:

Kelsey talked to her Mom on Thanksgiving, twice. Kelsey asked her Mom for a recipe.

According to PF, he picked the baby up that afternoon- obviously, after the Safeway grocery store trip.

Kelsey has now gone dark in terms of phoning, texting, social media. No one has seen or heard from her since Nov 25th.

But we don't know that Kelsey contacted anyone on Nov. 25. We know her phone did.

I myself try to draw reasonable scenarios from facts while noting when any portion of my post is unconfirmed or hypothetical. I see this as the entire point of this site—to respectfully and sensitively use the power of many to turn over rocks that any one individual or police department might not think to turn over on their own. We have to be careful that we stay committed to looking for any clue or lead that might lead to Kelsey as that, even beyond meeting the wishes of family members (who we must respect), is what’s important. Kelsey’s family seems above board and well intentioned in my opinion. Nevertheless, I think we should all be cautiously perseverant in cases like this because sometimes those who seek to suppress info end up unknowingly protecting the wrong person...or even intentionally trying to thwart investigations.

Nevermind, it was December 2.
No, it was on 25 November this has been clearly stated and repeated, it was in the original LE press conference. Mom contacted PF the same day the texts were received by KB's work. What is your source to indicate that information has changed?

Here is what we know:

Agreed, although we don’t know for sure if Kelsey contacted her work or someone else sent the texts.

And we also don’t know if she or others were in contact via text, DMing on social, or phone before or after those texts were sent. All we know is that there were at least two texts and that the last ping from her phone was on the 25th in Idaho.

Hey Everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Kelsey’s Aunt into our group of verified family members.
Remember a verified member does not need to provide links to back up what they post.
You can ask verified members questions but it is up to the verified member whether they will answer you.

Please be polite if you do have a discussion with a verified member. Posters who are willing to become verified do so much to help us understand what is really going on in cases on Websleuths. Especially in a case like Kelsey's.

Welcome Kelsey's Aunt. If there is anything Websleuths can do for you and your family please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com
Welcome. Thank you for joining. Hope we can help find Kelsey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper