CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the overwhelming odds against it, I have the quiet conviction that what remains of KB's remains will be found.

Miracles do happen.
Well they certainly seem dedicated, as evidenced by the amount of time they plan to devote to this search.

If something is there to find, there’s certainly a chance that they find it.

KK was given a sweet deal so PF would be locked up, without bail. Mission accomplished.

It's unfortunate if the DA needs KK's testimony at trial because KK is such a poor witness. I don't believe her testimony is needed. Nobody is going to believe PF forced KK to do anything at all.

LE has KB's and PF's phone records. They have PF's words to CB. Nobody is NOT going to believe CB.

IMO< The mission is far from accomplished. Just because he is in jail now, with no bond, that is really nothing, in the overall picture.

It doesn't matter if they believe she was forced by PF to do anything. Big deal if they don't buy that BS story.

No one bought the BS story that Baby Bellas' monster of a mom sold the jury, when she made a plead deal, and testified against her loser boyfriend for killing and dumping sweet Bella in the bay. But the plea deal held up anyway and that horrid women walked away , free as a bird.

CB's testimony cannot get a murder conviction. She was not an eye witness to the same criminal actions that KK was a witness to. She was there when he burned the body. They NEED that testimony.

Phone records are not enough.

Websleuth friends I was out for a few days and then reading the crime novel that you all posted here for me. I never had to read the news or the tweets, so thank you. Feeling overwhelmed with this story.
What stands out to me is that they proved KB went to treatment in CA for severe depression in aug 2018 which is the exact time for when he started the custody paperwork as well as when he started making official plans to kill her.
I have to assume he killed her fairly quickly with that bat but his pent up anger possibly did an incredible amount of damage to her body, hence the blood all over the house. This guy almost got away with this crime were it not for a few mistakes he made. And that is super scary. He involved another person in the crime, her parents were insistent upon them looking closer at the blood in the townhome, he allegedly burned the body on family property.
I still stand by my original belief that Ma F had a huge influence on Pfs feelings about KB. MOO is that he was in a pressure cooker between his mother, his mistress, and his fiancé. Regardless, that @#$&* better get convicted. I think brother F must be sickened by his brother now. I mistakenly believed she was beaten and tossed into a desolate ravine. He turned out to be a dumber criminal than I imagined. Sadly I am forseeing the defense’s story coming together now. They will probably say can you really convict him without a reasonable doubt on completing the actual murder just from, what they will call, KK’s “saving her *advertiser censored*” story. Even with all the solicitations and video. Hopefully that story will have no longevity whatsoever.

KK was given a sweet deal so PF would be locked up, without bail. Mission accomplished.

It's unfortunate if the DA needs KK's testimony at trial because KK is such a poor witness. I don't believe her testimony is needed. Nobody is going to believe PF forced KK to do anything at all.

LE has KB's and PF's phone records. They have PF's words to CB. Nobody is NOT going to believe CB.

How would CBs testimony convict him though?

I think they MIGHT have been able to put a case together without KK. They have the phone records, surveillance of him entering her house and blood evidence. I think Massguy put it best yesterday, “maybe” in a case like this isn’t good enough unfortunately. They needed KK to have a slam dunk case.

Well, let's face it- she drove a long way to get to Kelsey's townhouse, then walked into the horrific scene, and was probably either tired from all the driving and maybe angry, too, that she was left to clean up the mess. I guess I can't understand her mind set, because there is no way in God's creation that I would ever clean up something like that for any man- ever. No way. Did it ever occur to Krystal that one day, another woman might be asked to do the same thing after she's brutally murdered by this man?
But WHY?
I KNOW- she was not in Colorado, but this feels so...
"STAGED"!
The texts!
So, PF can text her, get here NOW, you have a mess to clean up.
Now. Knowing it was how long of a drive? Half of a day??

And she stayed how long?
Clean a mess, collect the trash, move and burn a body...

KK wasn't worried if her husband saw the text about the "mess" so why the alibi about being drunk???

Umm, if she did not clean the ceiling, why clean anything at all? Patrick was known to have been in the home.
Who puts themself in the middle of a murder scene ever???

PF asked her to take the "body" to Idaho.
What type of car did the friend have?
Was KK even there long enough for a body to burn sufficiently? I don't think so.

The friend reported the missing bullet after KB was reported missing. She was suspicious??? Knowing KB went missing on the 22nd after noon and KK didn't get her car until the NEXT DAY.
I AM CURIOUS!
Were there any prints on the magazine that were not the gun owner's?
My hinky meter is pegged out!
Lots more to come in this case!

"On Nov. 22 around 4:30 p.m., while she was in Idaho, Kenney received a text from Frazee: “You need to get here now.You’ve got a mess to clean up."
"Despite her cleaning efforts, crime scene investigators found blood on the base of a toilet, towel rack, door handle, ceiling"
Frazee asked Kenney to bring the body back to Idaho, but she refused, but agreed to take the phone and the gun.

Those burner phones are going to the smoking gun in this case!

"On the day that Frazee’s phone was seized — Dec. 4, 2018 — Kenney set up a new phone number after telling her ex-husband she had lost her phone and needed a new one."

"she texted her friend asking if she could spend the night at her house because she had had too much to drink. Her friend told authorities the text was fake and was sent to establish an alibi in case her ex-husband checked her phone."

"When the friend started to see news stories on Berreth, she checked her firearm in her car and noticed the previously empty chamber had one round in it and the magazine, which had eight rounds when she gave it over to Kenney, had only six. She told authorities she was suspicious of this.
"
Affidavit details events leading up to Berreth’s death
All moo

Investigators To Search Landfill For Kelsey Berreth’s Remains
(incl. video, view on mama)
The Woodland Park Police Department detectives and other law enforcement officials will begin searching the Midway Landfill located at 8925 Rancho Colorado Boulevard in Fountain on Feb. 26.

Investigators say are focused on recovering Berreth’s remains and any additional evidence in the landfill. The search is expected to take 16-80 days. This is the second time investigators will search the landfill. The first time was on Jan. 17.

BBMFF:

To the bolded point above, I'm confused. That doesn't make sense to me.

Are you saying that the DA is not a party to the plea deal?

I don't see why KK would enter into a one-sided deal, and give up all the damning information about PF's as well as her actions, if there was nothing in it for her from the DA's end in return.

That's like saying, "Never mind the Carrot, just go ahead and bash me w/ the Big Stick!"

I must be missing something. Probably the something I'm missing is the point...it wouldn't be the first time. Sometimes, I'm a little slow on the uptake. Apologies for not understanding!

You're not missing anything. You were right before you got confused. KK is talking because something was offered to her.

PF asked her to take the "body" to Idaho.
What type of car did the friend have?
Was KK even there long enough for a body to burn sufficiently? I don't think so.
bbm
In any case NOT a car, that was suitable for a move, which MG allegedly had to absolve with the truck of KKL ....

An Idaho nurse admitted that while she repeatedly agreed to kill Kelsey Berreth to earn her lover Patrick Frazee’s approval, she was lying to her husband of eight years about assassination trips she took to Colorado.

The arrest warrant affidavit offers new details that were not disclosed during the court hearing, including Lee’s subterfuge in hiding from her husband, Chad Lee, the true motive for her many trips to Colorado in the summer and fall of 2018.

In fact, Lee drove to Garrison’s house in Idaho to pick up Garrison’s 2012 black Volkswagen Jetta and then drove to Colorado to sanitize Berreth’s home after Frazee allegedly pummeled his fiance to death with a baseball bat in her living room.

Lee later called Garrison and apologized for lying to her about her reason for borrowing her Jetta, it said. (The friend MG said in interview, SHE had borrowed KKL's truck for a move, IMO.)

She drove in Garrison’s car all night on Nov. 23 and arrived at Frazee’s ranch the next day. He had left a key for her next to the property’s front gate, Slater testified.

Slater also testified that Lee explained to him she was willing to commit to killing Berreth and to cover up the crime because she loved Frazee and wanted his approval, he testified.

Kelsey Berreth murder case: Patrick Frazee, nurse's affair fueled conspiracy

MOO is that he was in a pressure cooker between his mother, his mistress, and his fiancé.

bbm
Yes, I think so too.Perhaps he was also and in addition in a pressure cooker between his work schedule between ranch/horse trading/dog breeding/farrier business/rodeo/fatherhood, constantly influenced by 3 strong women. NO excuse though for a murder, never ever.

Employees at the company in Teller County also tell us they saw Frazee at the facility dropping off trash from a long trailer with two other men. Witnesses say Frazee remained in a white pickup truck as the two other men, who drove in two separate cars, unloaded the trailer.
bbm
Hopefully it was the trough (fireplace) already ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the same way.
KB's pinterest had quotes regarding her faith and one of the last pins from that board was, "Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives (PF) put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will ever happen to us (little K)."
It's gut wrenching. Evil had to work overtime to take down such a faithful, beautiful soul.
BBM + red addition
My thoughts.

I feel the same way.
KB's pinterest had quotes regarding her faith and one of the last pins from that board was, "Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will ever happen to us."
It's gut wrenching. Evil had to work overtime to take down such a faithful, beautiful soul.

These words are similar to a Shanann Watts’ words, about applying the positive to the negative.

No I don’t think they led her I believe she was there and did the clean up and was sloppy but I also think she took pictures JMO
BBM
Nooooooooooo, what makes you think that's possible? KK is a sick and depraved individual for participating to the extent we know of, but surely, please tell me she couldn't stoop even lower?? :(

ETA: couldn't vs could

Last edited:
Thanks gngr-snap

I had not put this together.

From your post.

"On the day that Frazee’s phone was seized — Dec. 4, 2018 — Kenney set up a new phone number after telling her ex-husband she had lost her phone and needed a new one."

I can't imagine, as a mother, ok'ing my son to murder the mother of his child.....or anyone else! I doubt anybody I know would even tell me about such a plan because I would never back it.
However, I do think PF more than likely convinced his mother he was very concerned for the safety and well being of his child, her grandchild, who she was a caretaker of. I believe he was making it all up, but he might have been pretty convincing....after all, KB had gone to a mental health center for depression and anxiety. Btw, I'm pretty sure he was the cause for her depression and anxiety. Actually, I'm very sure. jmo.
I believe KB's short stay also referenced her exhaustion IIRC. Can you even imagine how KB was feeling? She's just had a sweet baby, things aren't going according to plan with PF so I'm sure KB was disappointed. She was making an extreme commute to work and caring for little K. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

All the while PF and KK were plotting and scheming behind her back.

PrairieWind said:

I am not sure I agree with the bolded portion above. Very early in the investigation, they would have no idea if the baby was in danger or not, imo. If they suspected that he killed his ex-girlfriend, mother of the child, they'd have to assume he would be capable of killing again. They couldn't take the chance that there wasn't a financial motive of some kind, some insurance or inheritance etc. They really wouldn't know what was going on at the beginning and why take the chance? JMO

I applaud them for the speed with which they moved on this ugly crime. JMO
ITA, I think both LE and CB were terrified for Baby K's safety. PF's mental mind state was unknown to them as he wasn't talking to LE or CB after it went public. I completely understand why they'd feel like this, look at JPowell and that nightmare scenario.

IMO they did everything possible not to antagonize PF until they could get baby K away from the F ranchette.

How would CBs testimony convict him though?

I think they MIGHT have been able to put a case together without KK. They have the phone records, surveillance of him entering her house and blood evidence. I think Massguy put it best yesterday, “maybe” in a case like this isn’t good enough unfortunately. They needed KK to have a slam dunk case.
Agree, when you're dealing with the devil you have got to go to hell for the witnesses sometimes. We've got 2 devils here IMO. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back