CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KKL had to agree to a list of contingencies so her deal is not final until she has met these thus is why she has not been sentenced. Her plea has been entered and accepted but is contingent on multiple items not just truthful testimony. Her case will be final when all conditions are met and sentenced rendered. If she violates any she could be arrested and the deal revoked.
That’s absolutely true, it’s highly unlikely that her lawyer won’t make sure that she meets those conditions

I forgot to mention: When PF removed the contents of the burn from the trough, there were likely a LOF of larger bone fragments. That burn wouldn't have produced as much heat as an incinerator, nor is it likely that the fragments would have been put through a grinder.

The questions remain: how big was the pile of what was left after the burn and where and how did PF dispose of it. If he scooped the remains up, put them in another container, and disposed of the container, there's a much better chance LE will recover it than if he scattered the remains somewhere. If he scattered the remains, something I don't think he would have risked doing at the landfill, then LE's job will indeed be a difficult one.

I worry about that. It only takes one juror with reasonable doubt....

I personally think PF had some sort of blackmail or real threat against the nurse and the nurse left some evidence behind in case PF eventually used this blackmail or threat against her in the future, she could get him in a lot of trouble.

Day Before He Was Arrested in Case of Missing Fiancée, What Colorado Dad Told a Client
The day before his arrest in the murder of his still-missing fiancée, a Colorado man gave no indication that he was worried.

To the contrary, Patrick Frazee thought that as the investigation ramped up and calls flooded his cell phone, client Clinton Cline might have trouble getting through — and so Frazee reached out first, sharing a new cell number with Cline, who worked alongside Frazee to care for a protected herd of wild donkeys in the small town of Cripple Creek.

A new number on Dec 20th.

Kelsey Berreth murder conspiracy fueled by affair between Patrick Frazee, Idaho nurse, documents say

On Dec. 20, Lee and her attorney met with Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater and other law enforcement officers at the Colorado Springs Police Department headquarters.

The bush drum had worked, it seems.

From your link Kelsey Berreth murder conspiracy fueled by affair between Patrick Frazee, Idaho nurse, documents say

In fact, Lee drove to G's house in Idaho to pick up G's 2012 black Volkswagen Jetta and then drove to Colorado to sanitize the Berreth's home after Frazee allegedly pummeled his fiance to death with a baseball bat in her living room. When investigators interviewed MG, she acknowledged that Lee's explanation of going to her house was an alibi in case her husbnad called to see where she was, the document said.

When police interviewed Lee about her trip to Colorado on Dec. 14, Lee again lied to her husband, telling him she had actually gone to Colorado around Thanksgiving to see a horse she and Frazee owned together, the document said. She told her husband she thought "someone set her up," the document said.

When investigators interviewed CL, he divulged that his wife and Frazee had dated in college and that they were involved in a sexual relationship during at least 2016 and possibly 2017, the record said.

"CL did not want any of the details of the affair, and did not have further information regarding their relationship to provide," the document said.

*removed names*, replaced with initials

Well, let's face it- she drove a long way to get to Kelsey's townhouse, then walked into the horrific scene, and was probably either tired from all the driving and maybe angry, too, that she was left to clean up the mess. I guess I can't understand her mind set, because there is no way in God's creation that I would ever clean up something like that for any man- ever. No way. Did it ever occur to Krystal that one day, another woman might be asked to do the same thing after she's brutally murdered by this man?
Doubt it she's so special. She's the "Perfect Rodeo Queen" Donchya know?

How many honestly think KK left evidence specifically so that LE would have a path back to her? I don’t think there’s many if anyone that thinks that.
well, not specifically back to her but the thought has crossed my mind that KK left some evidence to cover her @ss in the event the thing turned out to be a bust. in other words she thought there had to be evidence of some type left to back up what she planned to tell LE if and when the 2 were caught. MOO.

What in there future discovery could be proof that KK is lying about something other than what they already knew? All the electronic evidence have been recovered over a month ago. I assure you the fbi, cbi are well aware of kk burner phones. Any physical evidence they could still find to tie kk to the murder scene won’t make a difference. KK already admitted to being at the murder scene. The plea deal will not be withdrawn and the DA does have faith in kk ability to testify! It’s going to happen, she’s going to receive her reduced sentence. That’s just the way it is

Just an example: Ref the affidavit, Lee stated she in fact found that tooth, including the tooth root, and later disposed of it.
If at some point, since they are still in the discovery stage, they find that KK kept said tooth as a trophy.

Just an example: Ref the affidavit, Lee stated she in fact found that tooth, including the tooth root, and later disposed of it.
If at some point, since they are still in the discovery stage, they find that KK kept said tooth as a trophy.
I think if she had that she would have already given it to investigators. No reason to lie after the deal was offered and I’m sure her lawyer advised her as much.

I do not like to defend the nurse, but her friend in the attorney's office said the nurse was shook up that someone had asked her to kill someone. And if the nurse was in on planning a murder, she wouldn't have told others anything about a future murder.
I'm sure, KKL hadn't told a single word about her hour long trips to Colorado (with borrowed cars perhaps) to relieve her poor lover PF and take over the murder for him, 3 x without success, IMO. So the nurse KKL spared the most important parts of her story. Madam searched for a little bit of excitement or importance for herself, I think.
Was she known as some sort of top drama queen in her circle of friends? I wouldn't be surprised. ;)

Yup. It’s absolutely shocking that so many people were aware, and failed to do the right thing.

Someone’s life was on the line, and they all sat back and did the same thing: Nothing.

If only one of them came forward, Kelsey would likely be alive.

How does this happen?!
The same question was asked after the Holocaust.
There's a saying evil prevails when good men do nothing. However in this case I don't think it's good people doing nothing, they are just as rotten, and evil as KK,and PF. Each one bending over backwards for either KK,or PF. To help accomplish the mission.
MOO

How many honestly think KK left evidence specifically so that LE would have a path back to her? I don’t think there’s many if anyone that thinks that.
Not I!! I think it was an "OH, CR@P!!" moment as she was driving home. Too late now. How can I spin this if PF gets caught (because she KNEW it would lead back to her)? Remember, she initially lied to LE and only started squealing when she realized what they had on HER. MOO

Cremated remains can vary. They are very coarse and contain a lot of bone fragments when the come out of the incinerator. Here's a good article that describes it. What are cremated ashes like? » Urns | Online
cremated-ashes.jpg

When I've had dogs cremated, the ashes were much more coarse than you describe -- similar to the gravel used in a salt water aquarium. My brother's were as well.

good article, thanks. one thing i have learned that was not mentioned in the article is that some crematoriums process multiple bodies during the same burn thus remaining "ashes" are in reality a mixture of individuals remains. they do this because the cost of the burns are high, so they say. so, i guess my point is in the event you have to go through this for someone passed verify with your selected crematorium ( if it matters to you). it's generally the lower cost cremation packages and it should be in the fine print.

Last edited:
Just curious since I have no law/legal background -
What would be KK's current living conditions be like? e.g., is she under house arrest? being monitored somehow by LE? How can LE be sure she doesn't try to disappear?
She certainly has enough minions who could be more than willing to help her do that.
MOO

Just popped in yesterday to catch up on events after a lengthy hiatus, and I am absolutely flabbergasted! KK was far more involved in this than I had even dreamed. I can't help but wonder just how much LE actually knew for certain before reaching the plea deal. I'm guessing that they didn't have much evidence of the extent of her involvement before she talked. How unfortunate that this disgusting excuse for a human being will serve such a pittance of a sentence after all she's done! PF & KK should BOTH be sentenced to LWOP. Poor little Baby K. So, so heartbreaking.

She had her phone after the cleanup, but only until about 12/4, IIRC. I think when PF got arrested, she told her ex-husband she had lost her phone and had to buy a new one. I know that even if the phone is gone, LE can still work with the phone company to get her call/text log. What I don't know is if LE can access the content of texts or photos that were only on the phone or were backed up somewhere without LE knowing where.

Not really relevant except as evidence of KK's character, perhaps, but I wonder about her relationship with her ex-husband. They're divorced but they still share a home, OK, I can understand that happens. I don't understand them getting along well enough to make that work, but she still had to hide her relationship with PF from him. From his brief comment, it sounds like her relationship with PF in 2016-2017 with PF contributed to the breakup. However, I don't understand why she would still need to hide a new relationship from her ex and apparently most of her family. Only a few friends knew about PF.

I also don't understand the texts. She sends a fake text to MG in case her husband reads her texts, but what about the regular communication (calls and texts) to PF? Did she regularly clean up her phone log and delete everything?

Just seems odd, like so much else about this case.

I recall that there was within the prelim that she burned the phone that was hers and KB's in her front yard right when she got back home. I can't seem to find that link.

But I do have this information which you are discussing about the interview with her husband. Which makes me think, if she burned her phone the day she got back on the 25th, the attached screenshot shows that she did not ask her husband until the 4th to get a new phone.

Ummmm....

What phone was she using between the 25th and the 4th if she burned her phone in the front yard when she got home?

Or am I getting information wrong? Does anybody remember as to what phone(s) were burned in the front yard? I can't find link or recall where I read that.

TIA

ETA, reattached link of screenshot which did not work the first time

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190223-120049_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190223-120049_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 8
I do not like to defend the nurse, but her friend in the attorney's office said the nurse was shook up that someone had asked her to kill someone. And if the nurse was in on planning a murder, she wouldn't have told others anything about a future murder.
I have been really, really fortunate in my career to deal with very faithful whistleblowers and informants that have taken significant risks to protect Americans. Several of these have involved medical professionals both nurses and physicians as informers. These individuals not only faced enormous professional pressures but personal. Without one doubt, none of them behaved in a manner such as this. They seek out a person in authority to tell. They bring evidence. They provide statements. They protect the weak. They protect people they don't even know. They sacrifice their interests. The admit their wrongdoing. They are sorrowful. This is just not what the arrest affidavit demonstrates.

Last edited:

The same friend that lent her a vehicle with a loaded handgun so that she could go clean up a murder scene.

Just saying... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member