CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelsey's family stayed there after she had cleaned. I'm guessing her dad or brother left behind some DNA.

KB's parents gave DNA samples. Assuming the brother is KB's parents' biological child, he would show a similar DNA profile. So I think we can rule them out as the source of the unidentified DNA. I did the Ancestry DNA test and get matches from 5th cousins!

I'm not sure if it matters though. There will be enough forensic evidence to show what happened.

KB's parents gave DNA samples. Assuming the brother is KB's parents' biological child, he would show a similar DNA profile. So I think we can rule them out as the source of the unidentified DNA. I did the Ancestry DNA test and get matches from 5th cousins!

I'm not sure if it matters though. There will be enough forensic evidence to show what happened.

Oh, was her family ruled out? I didn't know that. The defense may try to make an issue out of it, but it should be perfectly clear what happened.

In all fairness to KB, she was said to have sought treatment for extreme fatigue, and reported this to her Employer prior to travel for treatment. (Agent Slater testified to this). I also don't believe there are any confirmed reports if KB was a patient for a single visit, or if visit was for extended treatment.

While "fatigue" can definitely be a symptom of depression, PF choosing to spin this as KB had to go to "rehab" was clearly an excuse to associate and expand KB's symptoms to include drugs, alcohol, depression, anxiety, and so on.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was recommended to KB (at her August appointment) to move closer to Pueblo to combat the fatigue. And if KB told PF about this -- again he was spinning this as "not reading anything into this" and/or a love interest at work. It all seems to fit the same time period of soliciting KB dead.

MOO

THANK YOU! Slater clearly stated that there was NO 'checking into the clinic for rehab.' At the most, she visited it. And it was NOT a drug or alcohol clinic. It was a counseling/therapy center for anxiety and depression.

And if she was dating a man who was considering a plan for her murder, she would obviously feel anxious and depressed with the way he was behaving---even if he was pretending he loved her.

You can buy a phone for $29.95 and unlimited calls & texts for about $25, or also with 6GB of data/internet about $35, per month, on cards with a sealed activation code, at any Walmart. You pay cash. You call the 800 number on the card, enter the activation code. No name, no credit/debit card, no bill, no address, no plan. You can choose any area code you want. Buy a new card every month to refill. Totally anonymous except for the towers you hit, the numbers you call and text, the websites or email you choose to access. Everything can be constantly deleted. Texts can be entirely symbolic with meaning only known to the sender and recipient: ⚄ A deniable communication meaning what from a phone with no named owner.

For example, a drug dealer would be buying new phones and cards all the time everywhere he goes. He might let them "cool" for a time period before using them so he's not on surveillance video purchasing them. He would only use a phone briefly then toss it; just a cost of doing business.

Just my opinion
Something I am confused about, is why she (and maybe even PF) had a "burner" phone, which she presumably destroyed/burned in her front yard, but didn't use it? She and PF used their regular, registered phones to communicate between 11/22-11/25, correct? I have a theory/guess as to what it was used for, but will defer expounding until I am further informed/educated. MOO.

Not sure how to fit this video capture in, but it's there:

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
State gives him another still of that neighbor’s surveillance. He says it shows Berreth, Kaylee, Frazee & her flowers out front of Kelsey’s door around 1 p.m. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

8:42 AM - 19 Feb 2019

Gliving, I would place the "around 1" here in this timeline

12:27 KB departed the Safeway

12:37 KB car seen on Furniture Store surveillance on her way home.

Unknown to me exact time...~12:40-12:45 or so, this is a round one, it showed a still of her with him and the flowers and the baby (..see screen shot of twitter for Sam and another newsperson at prelim, I assumed it was a very short and sweet because it takes 9 minutes to get back to the Walmart)

12:54-1:15 PF at WalMart

1:24 PF enters condo (just 9 minutes after Walmart)

3:36 PF seen on camera at KB

4:24 calls mom while still on KB's cell tower heading west

437 contacts KKL Southwest of KB and she returns call while he is pinging in divide

HTH with understanding the timing. And I'm sure somebody is going to correct me for everyone if I am wrong here in any time frame. My opinion is that 12:45 is " around 1", and I think that fits with the time frame.

Unfortunately, we don't know what time that the Bank drive-thru was done, nor do we know what was purchased at Walmart.

Oh, was her family ruled out? I didn't know that. The defense may try to make an issue out of it, but it should be perfectly clear what happened.

I'd have to go spelunking to find it, but I recall reading in an earlier conversation on this topic that this was a matter of timing. Something about the B's DNA not being processed/in LE's files at the time the unknown M+F DNA was discovered...

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

I didn't read her family was ruled out either. I don't think we know if her brothers partner was there at any time either.
I just don't think there was another male who was involved. Imo

I’m wondering why the new charges against PF (tampering with a deceased body and crimes of violence) weren’t articulated till recently. (Apologies if already answered).

The arrest warrant (point 48) says KK gave ‘Her fully cooperation (sic) and truthful statements to investigators on 20 Dec’.

PF was arrested and charged on 21 December.

LE already knew what happened in the condo and what he did with the body, so why weren’t those charges added then?

Something to do with the imperative to remove the baby, before corroborating KK’s story/getting her to take them on the ghoul tour?

Something I am confused about, is why she (and maybe even PF) had a "burner" phone, which she presumably destroyed/burned in her front yard, but didn't use it? She and PF used their regular, registered phones to communicate between 11/22-11/25, correct? I have a theory/guess as to what it was used for, but will defer expounding until I am further informed/educated. MOO.
I don't think we know that they didn't use the phone. Imo

Didn't the report say both extra male AND female DNA were located in the townhome?
I'd have to go spelunking to find it, but I recall reading in an earlier conversation on this topic that this was a matter of timing. Something about the B's DNA not being processed/in LE's files at the time the unknown M+F DNA was discovered...

Thanks for confirming.

THANK YOU! Slater clearly stated that there was NO 'checking into the clinic for rehab.' At the most, she visited it. And it was NOT a drug or alcohol clinic. It was a counseling/therapy center for anxiety and depression.

And if she was dating a man who was considering a plan for her murder, she would obviously feel anxious and depressed with the way he was behaving---even if he was pretending he loved her.
Ita !

And it's possible (although we'll never know, most likely) PF made her feel unworthy by subtle behavior and snubs. Just the fact that he go and bring him his own 'ulcer' meds. Why did she have to be at his beck and call ?
Because it seemed like he was treating her as if she was somehow 'lower'and less capable , than himself.
Which we know was 100% the other way around.

IIRC, KK had at least two burner phones. One was the phone she used in September when she took the coffee to KB's. She gave a fake name and gave KB her phone number so they could arrange a playdate. She got rid of that one and had another one in October, IIRC. I think she got rid of that one, too, but I may be wrong.

That's something I don't understand. KK concealed her Colorado trips from her ex or lied about the purpose (to see a horse). She turned off map locator during the Thanksgiving period, presumably because her husband had access to her account and might check on her.

Yet she texted and talked all the time with PF? Was she constantly deleting texts and cleaning up her call log? Why not just use a burner phone for all communication with PF?

Just one more weird (to me) thing about this.

Yes, that's what I remember. They didn't have the results yet, at that time.
I never heard the update that they were ruled out, though.

I know? When did this happen

Do we have any idea as to whether these socks appear to have been taken off of KB's body after the attack or were in a laundry pile or dresser where they were bloodied secondarily in the attack?
if it indeed is two socks of kelseys with kelseys deceased dna on it. or does it have kk's dna on them? or both?
my speculation, according to kk she brought out all the evidence and somehow got it to her borrowed car to remove.....but did she??
or did she load it all up in KB'S car maybe drove KB's car with the socks on hands but maybe there was some of KBs dna on her hands or wrist from cleaning up.
she left them there unaware of the blood evidence just thinking LE would accept they were kelseys in kelseys car and no connection to the crimescene.

and if that is so. there hopefully will be video evidence of kk helping herself to the car.
that would explain her admitting she was there and did in fact clean up. because they have more solid evidence of it than we know.

gosh, lets get this show on the road!

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads