CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If her plea deal is deemed invalid, what happens to her testimony against PF? Is it still permissible? If not, does PF walk free?
He ain’t walking free, regardless of what happens to KK and her deal.

The evidence that they found on the basis of KK’s account to law enforcement, and what she has told them in relation to how the crimes occurred (solicitation, murder), isn’t going anywhere.

I can’t imagine that this case doesn’t result in KK testifying against PF, and receiving the deal she was promised.

I am confused

Is this new information? I had thought that the night before she was with the cows. And then she was going to the store to help with an ulcer.

Are they saying (the fake response) the next day?( actually I thought it was two days later for butt dial response), was saying that she felt safe with Frazee.

Where is this coming from that she had gone target shooting with him the day after t'giving? This is the first that I have heard of this?

I just thought that the feel safe was afterwards... perhaps this is on the time line already that @tippylynn has

The information CB reported to LE included that KB did not get home until 4AM on 11/22 (Thanksgiving morning), including but not limited to PF cattle check, target shooting, and KB going to Walmart for Rx and driving back to SF's ranch to deliver ulcer Rx to PF. IMO, target shooting most likely took place at the cattle grazing site-- and not at a commercial gun range. (I believe it likely that PF, KB, and baby were checking cattle together Wednesday night early Thursday morning).

Also, information by CB was not highlighted at the hearing, rather it appears that LE used information first provided by CB early in the investigation to corroborate what they would later hear directly from KK.

MOO

Last edited:
Hmm yes, it is so strange. She used burner phones for the earlier schemes, but at the most critical point she used her own traceable phone, even though she was in possession of a burner phone? So confusing. MOO.
She also changed her phone number in early December (before being contacted by the police), as per the Rs. Why? Did she destroy her traceable phone, too?

When you think about this- first, Patrick and Krystal allegedly burned Kelsey's body in SF's front yard.

Then Krystal allegedly burns her phone and Kelsey's in her front yard.

These two are either some special kind of stupid, or brazen as hell. Imagine doing these two evil acts in your mother's and ex husband's front yard? Wow.

In previous posts, it has been stated KK gave KB's phone to a friend.
LE contacted the friend, and retrieved KB's phone.
This is what I remember.

The questions remain: how big was the pile of what was left after the burn and where and how did PF dispose of it. If he scooped the remains up, put them in another container, and disposed of the container, there's a much better chance LE will recover it than if he scattered the remains somewhere. If he scattered the remains, something I don't think he would have risked doing at the landfill, then LE's job will indeed be a difficult one.

I worry about that. It only takes one juror with reasonable doubt....

a 50lb dog results in about 12 oz of remains after cremation, so a small person- let's say 2-4 lbs. Lots of bone fragments with the pet. :(

Would a burner phone be able to take photos?

I think it's highly likely that KKL took photos of the crime scene and maybe even kept something as a "guarantee" of his silence.

I keep thinking about her commenting about the tooth. She claims she threw it away. But I think during the 4 hours she was scrubbing away blood and tissue, she must have been thinking alot about PF and what he had done. When she saw how much of a mess he had made, how much "emotion" this revealed about him, not just a quick, quiet strangulation, but blood spattered everywhere and all throughout the place.

I keep wondering if she has kept photos and maybe even the famous tooth.

BBM

Yes. I don't have a cell phone for general use, but when I'm going to be traveling for weeks at a time I usually pop into the Dollar General or Walmart and pick up a burner for temporary use. Even the super cheap $20 phones now have cameras. You'd have to be on the lookout for one that specifically does NOT have a camera these days. Despite the bad rap that burners get, some of the models are super nice. They're not iPhones but they're not cheap toys, either. Not everyone who uses a burner is a criminal. For many, it's just a cheaper an easier way of having a cellphone without an expensive monthly contract or a credit check.

Kelsey didn’t talk about relationship problems to her folks (per CB).

But then what reason did she give her mom for getting her gun back/having been without it in the first place?

Possibly her mom was aware of her exhaustion, and also of PF’s claim about an incident with the gun (which he no doubt grossly embellished). But CB wasn’t aware of the No. 1 Cause of KB’s low mood.

Has anything been said about the reason why KK gave Kelsey's gun to an acquaintance instead of destroying it?
No, and it makes absolutely no sense.

Allegedly, the plan was to make it look like KB went off, and committed suicide.

Therefore, it would be important to get rid of the gun, so that it would never be found.

I don’t get it.

I've been reading through a few posts mentioning KB entering a facility in CA. I know from the hearing it was for depression/anxiety.... I don't know anymore that that.

IMO, can you imagine what this poor young woman had been through in @ 2 years?

~meets PF online and moves to CO sometime in/@ 2016 then moves a few times after her arrival
~gets pregnant
~has Baby K in the fall of 2017
~within months of the birth of Baby K, PF starts a "romantic" relationship with KK (as a women, most of us know that gut feeling something is "off", whatever the something may be)..... possible PF started really treating her like crap after KK enters the picture. Putting KB down, everything she did was wrong, she's crazy, etc....
~her body and mind are still adjusting to just giving birth and hormones are trying to find their balance again
~she has a full time job with a long commute
~she is away from all close family
~and the list goes on.

For all we know she may have had that "feeling" someone was after her. Could have questioned weird little things like some strange woman comes to her door with a Starbucks, and wants a play date in the future (eye roll) possibly making her feel paranoid (MOO)....and that's the only thing we know, there could be other weird stuff that wasn't making sense to KB.

IMO, I'm not the least bit surprised KB sought some kind of retreat or comfort in attending some form of therapy/comfort/ etc with a facility associated with her religion. Where she knew she could find support, maybe without worrying her family. Kudos to her for trusting herself and probably thinking of Baby K in doing so, and by reaching out in such a short amount of time. Some would wait years before reaching out, if at all. It's just so sad :-(

It’s just too weird an event (especially considering the timing), for it not to have some relevance here.

I could see some sort of random shooting scenario, or perhaps a staged gunshot suicide.

I’m not sure what exactly to make of it, but it’s something.
I wonder if he had planned to kill her that night but then realized Kelsey had been in touch with her mother and he ditched the plan because her mom would have known they were together that night. Imo

August 2018, when she allegedly learned of the baby.
She was seething with jealousy. IMO.
Fading looks Rodeo Queen, fighting weight gain, divorces hubby, she finds out Beautiful, petite, KB with the cute figure had PF's baby.
She's angry at Kelsey, because God forbid she be mad at PF, for betraying her, or mad at herself for betraying her hubby.
She helped kill an innocent Mommy, for her own vain, selfish reason. The baby clothes were her Trogan Horse.
MOO.

She also changed her phone number in early December (before being contacted by the police), as per the Rs. Why? Did she destroy her traceable phone, too?
She told her ex husband she "lost" her phone, and he took her to get a new one. (Affidavit point 49) This was the same day PF's phone was confiscated, so he probably warned her to get rid of it. MOO.

It’s just too weird an event (especially considering the timing), for it not to have some relevance here.

I could see some sort of random shooting scenario, or perhaps a staged gunshot suicide.

I’m not sure what exactly to make of it, but it’s something.

I agree, MG. I wonder if PF tried to take an obscure route that night to get to where KB was going to see about the cows but passed someone he knew, therefore blowing the alibi he'd need.

Something was definitely planned for KB that night and its failure probably sent him into a "now or never" rage the next day.

I wonder if he had planned to kill her that night but then realized Kelsey had been in touch with her mother and he ditched the plan because her mom would have known they were together that night. Imo
Yeah, it’s the only thing that makes sense.

An innocent explanation, and Patrick Frazee, don’t exactly go together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jh241d