CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She also changed her phone number in early December (before being contacted by the police), as per the Rs. Why? Did she destroy her traceable phone, too?

LE took PF's phone Dec 4th. So I'll assume she thought she should get a new phone # - just in case. Which is so dumb. o_O
Just because you get a new phone #, it doesn't make the old phone data disappear. Even with a factory reset. moo

I don't know about her burner phone(s). I'm thinking she needed a purse just for all her phones.

I'm kinda hoping she sent PF lots of "personal photos" and they're shown to all the jury members. :D

As if SHE had actually caused this mess. Strange.

It could just as likely mean that he was trying to make her feel that KB's murder was her fault. That's a classic that abusers and gaslighters like to go to-look at what YOU made me do. "I did this for you so now YOU have to clean it up." "You were so incompetent that I had to do YOUR job myself. Now go clean it up."

If her plea deal is deemed invalid, what happens to her testimony against PF? Is it still permissible? If not, does PF walk free?
It's pretty simple: KB violates the terms of her agreement, she's then open to any and/all charges and penalties as if the agreement never existed.

She does not, however, get to take the evidence with her!! That horse long left the barn, and never coming back.

In all fairness to KB, she was said to have sought treatment for extreme fatigue, and reported this to her Employer prior to travel for treatment. (Agent Slater testified to this). I also don't believe there are any confirmed
Of course one side effect of Ambien or Valium as mentioned would be extreme fatigue. This has not been mentioned in court yet but it could be considered along with causes of depression. If you did not know you were being dosed, it would be extremely hazardous driving. You would also appear under the influence if stopped. Severe fatigue would be the complaint. Knowing both had mentioned these would concern me for this as a possibility and sounds reasonable.

Not sure how to fit this video capture in, but it's there:

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
State gives him another still of that neighbor’s surveillance. He says it shows Berreth, Kaylee, Frazee & her flowers out front of Kelsey’s door around 1 p.m. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

8:42 AM - 19 Feb 2019
Thanks for sharing this tweet again. But now I've gotten myself more confused...PF was seen at Walmart 12:54 - 1:17 p.m., yet him, Kelsey and baby are seen on neighbor's surveillance at 1 p.m. How could he be at Walmart and Kelsey's at the same time? I guess it's possible the time stamp was off on neighbor's surveillance camera?

No, and it makes absolutely no sense.

Allegedly, the plan was to make it look like KB went off, and committed suicide.

Therefore, it would be important to get rid of the gun, so that it would never be found.

I don’t get it.
I'm sure it was a nice/expensive gun, and since KKL (whoa, "kkl" auto corrected to "kill" twice just now) has no morals, she probably just thought it would be a nice souvenir for later. MOO.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking.
Maybe PF thought her seeking treatment would be the perfect thing to use in court to prove she was unstable.
Instead, she came out stronger and maybe with some knowledge or realization that she was in an abusive situation.

I think PF, not having control over her or the baby, may have become completely unhinged. Jmo

Yep, I think we can move "PF became completely unhinged" into the "things we know" column for sure.

Nobody takes a bat to someone's head if he's even remotely "hinged"! MOO to the max!

Yes, that's what I'm thinking.
Maybe PF thought her seeking treatment would be the perfect thing to use in court to prove she was unstable.
Instead, she came out stronger and maybe with some knowledge or realization that she was in an abusive situation.

I think PF, not having control over her or the baby, may have become completely unhinged. Jmo
It was clear to me that he was the one who wanted out of the relationship with KB, since he told everyone ese that they haven't been together since the beginning of the year. Yet to KB, they were still an item. Is it possible that he didn't want to break up with her because he thought she was too fragile and would hurt herself and possibly the baby? Was Kelsey's incident with the gun in 2017 real? I don't think how someone putting a gun to one's head during an argument over finances would not make them look unstable.

Last edited:
It could just as likely mean that he was trying to make her feel that KB's murder was her fault. That's a classic that abusers and gaslighters like to go to-look at what YOU made me do. "I did this for you so now YOU have to clean it up." "You were so incompetent that I had to do YOUR job myself. Now go clean it up."
I think he was furious because she didn't follow through after three attempts, and he was determined to connect her to the crime.
Since he had to do it himself, he wanted to ensure there would be no further evidence that could lead to him. Imo

Yep, I think we can move "PF became completely unhinged" into the "things we know" column for sure.

Nobody takes a bat to someone's head if he's even remotely "hinged"! MOO to the max!
Obviously it takes a great deal of rage to murder someone in that way.

But this was premeditated, and he showed some restraint beforehand.

It makes him look even worse (if that’s possible), as he didn’t simply lose his temper and commit a crime of passion.

He apparently tricked a willing Kelsey into covering her eyes, then mercilessly bludgeoned her to death.

I've been reading through a few posts mentioning KB entering a facility in CA. I know from the hearing it was for depression/anxiety.... I don't know anymore that that.

IMO, can you imagine what this poor young woman had been through in @ 2 years?

~meets PF online and moves to CO sometime in/@ 2016 then moves a few times after her arrival
~gets pregnant
~has Baby K in the fall of 2017
~within months of the birth of Baby K, PF starts a "romantic" relationship with KK (as a women, most of us know that gut feeling something is "off", whatever the something may be)..... possible PF started really treating her like crap after KK enters the picture. Putting KB down, everything she did was wrong, she's crazy, etc....
~her body and mind are still adjusting to just giving birth and hormones are trying to find their balance again
~she has a full time job with a long commute
~she is away from all close family
~and the list goes on.

For all we know she may have had that "feeling" someone was after her. Could have questioned weird little things like some strange woman comes to her door with a Starbucks, and wants a play date in the future (eye roll) possibly making her feel paranoid (MOO)....and that's the only thing we know, there could be other weird stuff that wasn't making sense to KB.

IMO, I'm not the least bit surprised KB sought some kind of retreat or comfort in attending some form of therapy/comfort/ etc with a facility associated with her religion. Where she knew she could find support, maybe without worrying her family. Kudos to her for trusting herself and probably thinking of Baby K in doing so, and by reaching out in such a short amount of time. Some would wait years before reaching out, if at all. It's just so sad :-(
it will come out for sure imo that KK was stalking KB.
lets hope KB was oblivious to it.:oops:

that would be some friend! Risking being charged with accessory to murder when the friend realizes what such a license would be used for...and when I travel they take a pretty good look at my ID at TSA security. She managed to avoid any video surveilance unlike PF. And family/friends would have to lie that she was present for Thanksgiving and day after. Anything is possible...but probable? I think it is about as likely as SW having Munchausen by Proxy in the Watts case, personally. MOO

Yeah, I don't believe that KK "borrowed" any "friend's" ID to fly. Video footage at airports are kept for at least 30 days. For 90 days at some airports. I've never had to simple "flash" my ID at anyone in an airport either-and I fly at least once a month. Sure, she might have encountered a lazy TSA agent who barely looked at her ID, but that's a pretty risky chance. Flying, too, would have exposed her to ticket agents, TSA agents, possible airport personnel, flight attendants, and fellow fliers. That's a lot of people who might possibly remember her-in addition to the video surveillance. Much easier to lie low on the road.

I'm like you-it's always possible that this happened, but the probability is very, very low.

It was clear to me that he was the one who wanted out of the relationship with KB, since he told everyone ese that they haven't been together since the beginning of the year. Yet to KB, they were still an item. Is it possible that he didn't want to break up with her because he thought the was too fragile and would hurt herself and possibly the baby? Was Kelsey's incident with the gun in 2017 real? I don't think how someone putting a gun to one's head during an argument over finances would not make them look unstable.
Right, but he had no evidence that she put a gun to her head. He would have the proof that she went for treatment, however. Imo

I think it was pure sloppiness - but it’s convenient for her isn’t it? JMO

it is a strange statement to me and she has a top lawyer, so I am surprised that the lawyer did not flag this as "not believable" and work with her to explain it better. maybe if there is testimony to a jury, it will be more detailed and make more sense. to me, you are either cleaning up a murder scene or you aren't- what she is saying is that she was "half-assed" (pardon the vulgate) cleaning up a murder scene. the only way I can make any sense of it is if she is subtly rebelling against PF's demands on her.

Yep.
They were in on it together...no matter who manipulated the other to originate the plan..they were in on the dirty deed together. He told her she had a "mess to clean up" because he had that power over her and also because they were both involved. He did his part, which he had previously assigned to her....so now it was her turn to finish up and "clean the mess." Because she wimped out, he did the murder part, so now she had a "mess to clean up."
It was a joint venture.

Yeah, I wonder if her friends will stand by her even yet. I wouldn't think so, but not sure on that.

That stupid idiot, M, knew the details of the conspiracy, the murder and the clean up and STILL went out there to do damage control and tell us what a wonderful person KK is. I'll bet you anything she knew about KK stalking Kelsey to kill her. Now that I think about it, that might be why KK volunteered that info to LE - out of fear that M would tell or had told them.

it will come out for sure imo that KK was stalking KB.
lets hope KB was oblivious to it.:oops:

What was the fake name KK gave KB when she tried to make friends over coffee? Jamie something? I'd like to know if they were facebook friends. Probably too late to look now as KK would delete that account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway