CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #43 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelsey didn’t talk about relationship problems to her folks (per CB).

But then what reason did she give her mom for getting her gun back/having been without it in the first place?

Possibly her mom was aware of her exhaustion, and also of PF’s claim about an incident with the gun (which he no doubt grossly embellished). But CB wasn’t aware of the No. 1 Cause of KB’s low mood.

KB was a grown woman who probably got lots of advice warning her not to move away for a relationship with someone she met online, especially since he was so attached to Momma.

She was probably reluctant to admit to her mother that she had messed up. MOO

Last edited:
No, and it makes absolutely no sense.

Allegedly, the plan was to make it look like KB went off, and committed suicide.

Therefore, it would be important to get rid of the gun, so that it would never be found.

I don’t get it.

You haven't sniffed enough horseshoe repair glue, MG.

Last edited:
Me too and when my mind wanders to the details told to LE I can almost picture the attack and subsequent clean up required -it’s just so awful

I'm not able to picture it. I can't figure out how he walks in with a baseball bat. I'm not buying the being blindfolded with a sweater, either. Not that that is all that important a detail but I would think it would suffice to close your eyes in guessing a candle scent.

On the other hand, if PF used KK solely for the murder and ditched her later, how could he be sure that she wouldn't turn on him? Did he believe that there would be no evidence left and it would be only her word against his or that she would be afraid to expose her own role? If you share a deadly secret with someone you better not fall out with them.
true, as long as they don’t fear you

There already is evidence of that from KK herself. She gave up on all three murder attempts.
Any more stalking would have been hard to do from Idaho. Imo
Yeah. And it wouldn’t make sense that she wouldn’t have mentioned it.

Stalking is far less incriminating than those three separate instances where she came close to murdering Kelsey.

I'm not able to picture it. I can't figure out how he walks in with a baseball bat. I'm not buying the being blindfolded with a sweater, either. Not that that is all that important a detail but I would think it would suffice to close your eyes in guessing a candle scent.
I can picture it.

She apparently still cared for him, and trusted him.

She took care of him the evening before the murder, and was up helping him out until 4:am on the day of her murder.

I would have questioned the blindfolding scenario, had that information not been revealed.

It does ring true to me.

And that wasn't even the phone that she had previously. Because the day that she got back, she burned that phone in her front yard if I recall correctly. Is that right?

Perhaps she was concerned that all of her applications and email and Facebook Etc was connected to her old accounts that they could easily get? Perhaps that's why she was hesitant.

Also, her husband gave her email address that he knew of for application signups excetera, but my guess is she had a couple of throw away email accounts also. I hope they have them all with Google.

In another case I followed, they said that when you buy a burner phone, you have to sign up with an email address or a credit card or such so that it can be tracked that way as far as who owns the phone.

does anybody have experience and knowledge in that area? They could have tracked all of her burner phones through such?

E.g. if they had Tower dumps they would not be able to subpoena each and every owner unless they had an owner that they wanted more information on?

ETA typos

I've never had to use a credit card or email address for any burner my husband and I have ever purchased. You just walk into the store and buy a phone from one rack and a phone card from the other. Charge the phone, dial the 1800 number on the card, and enter in the 10-digits. Boom! You have a phone.

We do this regularly. The last one I purchased was 4 weeks ago so unless something has changed since then...

It was clear to me that he was the one who wanted out of the relationship with KB, since he told everyone ese that they haven't been together since the beginning of the year. Yet to KB, they were still an item. Is it possible that he didn't want to break up with her because he thought she was too fragile and would hurt herself and possibly the baby? Was Kelsey's incident with the gun in 2017 real? I don't think how someone putting a gun to one's head during an argument over finances would not make them look unstable.
No. He's just a pathetic coward, who's game of juggling two women caught up to him. He chose to kill the one who had a child to fight for,and legs to stand on when it came down to custody,and who would likely win.
He just conflated the details of her getting help for the depression he likely helped cause.
MOO.

VERY frightening thought knowing what he did to KB, for what? Baby K is safe, and although knowledge of this when she's older will surely give her pain in her heart, she is with KB's loving, gentle, kind, long suffering family that will raise her with a conscience, to be like her beloved mother. That's something PF, or even SF, could NEVER do.

no way I would want to try to explain this to little K and I also wonder if at some point, she would be curious about her father and not believe anything

Oh heck no! I'd have locks, dead bolts, and a security system set up in case she came around, if she had been my friend. I'd be so repulsed if any friend did such a thing, I couldn't even look at them again. I'd be way too disgusted.

Unless you're M, in which case you know, that in spite of it all, KK is a wonderful person!

When I think of KK telling M that the murder was horrific, I think of someone like a serial killer saying his work was horrific. IOW, with a sense of admiration and delight. I guarantee it was not said with the same opinion of and reaction to horrific that we would have.

Of course one side effect of Ambien or Valium as mentioned would be extreme fatigue. This has not been mentioned in court yet but it could be considered along with causes of depression. If you did not know you were being dosed, it would be extremely hazardous driving. You would also appear under the influence if stopped. Severe fatigue would be the complaint. Knowing both had mentioned these would concern me for this as a possibility and sounds reasonable.

Depression, stress and unhappiness -- because KB had to deal with an emotionally abusive partner like PF, (and possibly his mother) as well as a tiny baby --would lead to exhaustion. Especially if she wasn't sleeping well due to getting up during the night for Kaylee or having insomnia due to worry and stress.

IMO, I don't think she was being given valium or ambien secretly. It would have to be for a prolonged period for lasting days/weeks/months of exhaustion.

Also, valium is very bitter, disgustingly so. To crush it and place it in someone's drink or food, the person would usually know something tasted off.

Ambien can give one double/blurred vision, nausea, hallucinations and vomiting. You'd know there was something wrong pretty fast and go to the doctor. Ambien is also quite bitter when crushed and placed in food or drink. Xanax too. I don't believe KB was secretly being drugged by sedatives.

Being in a relationship with an abusive control freak who makes your life a misery, combined with having recently given birth to Baby K (possible PPD) is enough by itself to cause extreme fatigue. We also know KB was slightly underweight. She only weighed 103 pounds and she may have had some dietary deficiencies as well, adding to her tiredness.

moo

Last edited:
ETA: I believe PF may have used the "ulcer" as a ruse to get KB outside of town in the middle of the night, and perhaps killed by maybe an alleged drive by shooting, but gave up on that idea. (It was previously reported that KB and child were out all night before her murder checking on cattle and delivering Rx to PF and didn't get home until 4AM).

From 9 news courthouse update:

During Adams’ testimony, the court heard a recorded interview with Frazee on Dec. 2 -- the day Berreth was reported missing. In the conversation, Frazee was heard saying that he and Berreth had broken up and exchanged their daughter at random locations depending on their work schedules.

He said Berreth sought treatment for alcohol abuse, and that he last saw on her Thanksgiving when they exchanged custody of their daughter.

Adams said Berreth’s mother claimed her daughter had been with Frazee the night before her disappearance. That evening, Berreth’s mother said her daughter called again to say Frazee had given her her gun back, and that she had gone target shooting.

This was notable, according to Adams’ testimony, because Frazee first took away Berreth’s firearm in late 2017 after she made comments about taking her own life during a fight.

But Slater said Kenney claimed Frazee tried to use the gun as a piece of evidence to make it appear that Berreth had taken her own life, rather than been the victim of foul play.

CBI: Idaho nurse claimed Patrick Frazee fatally beat Kelsey Berreth, burned her body
I am probably reading the bold part wrong, but when did Kelsey go target shooting? The night before she went missing? After that, she got him meds for his ulcer and helped with the cattle?

Sorry, I am confused by the bolded part. That just makes me uneasy..... (not that I think anything happened that night, of course, I know it didn't). Makes me feel like Kelsey wasn't feeling safe for some reason.

She told her ex husband she "lost" her phone, and he took her to get a new one. (Affidavit point 49) This was the same day PF's phone was confiscated, so he probably warned her to get rid of it. MOO.
I feel so heartbroken for he ex/hubby, and kids. She had a very good thing going there. He put up with her cheating,willing to forgive and forget for the her and sake of their kids. Still it wasn't good enough. She wanted what Kelsey had.
MOO.

I am confused

Is this new information? I had thought that the night before she was with the cows. And then she was going to the store to help with an ulcer.

Are they saying (the fake response) the next day?( actually I thought it was two days later for butt dial response), was saying that she felt safe with Frazee.

Where is this coming from that she had gone target shooting with him the day after t'giving? This is the first that I have heard of this?

I just thought that the "feel safe/ gun returned text was afterwards... perhaps this is on the time line already that @Tippy Lynn has.

Was this the text in response to butt dial? What day was this?
You have no idea how much I feel better knowing I am not the only one confused about the target shooting! I was wondering if it was the same night she got the ulcer ridden PF his meds and was up half the night with the cattle- like, when inbetween her getting her gun back, going target shooting, helping PF with his medical crisis, taking care of cattles, then she talks to Mom about getting her gun back? Ok, I think now I just confused myself.......

I believe KB's short stay also referenced her exhaustion IIRC. Can you even imagine how KB was feeling? She's just had a sweet baby, things aren't going according to plan with PF so I'm sure KB was disappointed. She was making an extreme commute to work and caring for little K. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

All the while PF and KK were plotting and scheming behind her back.

I think KB was trying very hard to juggle all the balls (baby, job, fiancee) and to be a good person and the harder she tried and the more she worked, she still was not getting a good happy family life.

So the aunt took KK to a lawyer...was that in CO or ID? and the aunt was in the car for coffee attempt at KBs...
does KK have relatives in CO?
Why is the aunt all over this?

It's believed that KK has family (Auntie K) residing in Colorado which was also a good cover for KK's frequent trips to Colo. It's evident that KK is a true queen at using anybody around her.

Since KK's immediate family reside in ID (parents, siblings, etc), it's believed that another Aunt residing in ID drove KK to Boise to meet lawyer. This account was cited by ID LE, where they also confirmed that KK followed through on her promise to speak to them with a lawyer she retained from Boise.

ETA: It was reported that KK was arrested by ID LE to obtain a buccal swab. However, she refused to talk to LE without an attorney. CBI waited with ID LE for KK to travel to Boise with her Aunt, and when she returned, she talked with LE, and made a deal with the DA.

I recall the timeline for this is to be about 12/18- 12/20. It's reported that KK was in Colorado leading Investigators to evidence on 12/21, with PF also arrested on 12/21. MOO

Last edited:
I know- why bother even coming to Colorado? Why not just call the police and tell them you think that a homicide may have been committed and ask them to swing by the townhouse?

I just don't get why she had to come "clean up the mess"! I also don't get why in the hell she actually did it! I would be so shell shocked and upset- no way, could I drive all that way, clean up a crime scene, then burn the poor woman's body after, then go home like nothing happened. I would literally be in a mental hospital, suffering from a breakdown, after all that. I just can't imagine doing this. That's why I am hard on her- she's a mother herself- how would she feel if someone did something so evil and cruel to one of her children? She has no soul, and neither does Patrick.

A normal person would have PTSD after that. She is NOT normal. She is disordered (character) and dangerous (stalked Kelsey to kill her). This is why it's such an abomination she's got this ridiculous deal. She may not have swung the bat or been there when it happened but she took part in everything else from the planning to moving and burning Kelsey's body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member