CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #46*ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of thread #45 there were 2 posts I wanted to respond to. Once again the tote, is it plastic or fabric? I’m honestly tired of trying to figure that out but while I was looking for info on the kind of bat (wood or metal) it was, it said repeatedly BAG. I’ll provide quotes and links below. I don’t “know” personally. This is just what was stated

“That same day, phone records showed that Frazee called his mother and Kenney. Frazee was also seen on surveillance video at his bank with a baby carrier in the passenger seat and the black tote bag in the rear.”

“They both traveled back to Frazee’s home, where he burned the body with gasoline, she said. DA Dan May told ABC News that Frazee's mother, Sheila Frazee, saw the burning black tote bag .”

“After the crime, Frazee joined his family for Thanksgiving dinner before bringing a black tote with Berreth’s body out to Nash Ranch in Fremont County, Kenney said. He put the bag on the top of a stack of hay.”

“After the crime, Frazee joined his family for Thanksgiving dinner before bringing a black tote with Berreth’s body out to Nash Ranch in Fremont County, Kenney said. He put the bag on the top of a stack of hay.”

THE BAT
Frazee and Kenney also burned the baseball bat and trash bags in a horse trough on his Florissant property, Slater said. Kenney told authorities that Frazee had wanted people to believe that Berreth killed herself.

ALL of this info can be taken from this link. I may have missed a few but this is more than enough to say BAG has been mentioned repeatedly and according to KK the bat was wood and they burned it

Patrick Frazee to face trial after preliminary hearing
I believe it could be some type of vinyl or plastic tote. I think it would make perfect sense to use something more like that for PF to carry out of KB's townhome and to put in the back of the truck.

It's the description and the reference to the metal handles that indicates to me it might be something other than the standard bed liner tool type tote. IDK just saying it's possible. If this were the case, I could see how body fluids may have escaped discoloring the hay bale after being placed there. It's so gruesome to even think about let alone type it out in a reply. :( Just no words for the injustice IMO

I think Kelsey was still alive,when they got her off the haystack.just clinging to life. Then they panicked and one of them shot her to finish her off.
That explains the missing bullit.
MOO

JMO
Sadly I think you could be right and this would explain things.

If LE finds her skull in tact at the dump and there is a bullet hole in it then KK may have more explaining to do.

Wonder if LE has grilled KK yet about the missing bullet and what her explanation was.
They need to have her explain where it went.

Horrible murder. KB's friend said PF was always mad about something. I wonder if Ma Frazee complained about money woes to him every day. She had no husband to complain to and she probably nagged him, but still KB was no burden to him financially. She paid her own way so why did they have that incident where he complained about money and she said maybe I should just shoot myself, pointing a gun to her head. Could this have triggered something in his dumb head to think about killing her. He sounds like he was a royal pain to KB.

Verification of black plastic tote with silver handles in AA

I found this, which says it was in the arrest affidavit, let me go do a screenshot and I will add it to this post in a minute..
Cell phone records, video provide timeline of Kelsey Berreth killing

"Kenney told investigators Berreth's body was stored in a black plastic tote with silver handles in a barn for several, the affidavit says"

Attached is a screenshot from the arrest affidavit, the tote is described in paragraph 71 below

Thank you!

He can't speak naturally and comfortably because he's too busy conjuring up his story while he's talking.
For sure, I've read a lot of source material that speaks to the very thing you're mentioning. Liars tend to be guarded when they're telling their 'story'. Carefully uttering each word in order to keep things straight coming from their racing brain to the speaking mouth.

I used to catch my step son all the time when he lied, one of his most common 'tells' when he lied was that when asked "did you do xyz?" he would pause and then repeat the question back in order to buy some time to think of a lie.

We laugh about it now that he is grown, but it wasn't necessarily fun at the time. Although I did get him back by telling his girlfriend what to BOLO for. :p

Investigators begin searching landfill for Kelsey Berreth’s remains
[...]
Dr. Melissa Connor is a professor of forensic anthropology at Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction, where she also leads the Forensic Research Station. There, Connor studies how human bodies decompose in different environments, and how that research can be applied in searches for remains.

Dr. Connor said landfill searches involve careful, detailed work. First, investigators have to locate the right area within a dump to start searching. Connor said most landfills are actually highly organized sites.

“They have good GPS recordings on where every truck goes in,” she said. “So if they know, say, a dumpster location that the remains might have been in, they’ll know what truck picked that dumpster up and where that dumpster dumped its load in the landfill."

[...]

Police believe Berreth’s body was burned, and may have been discarded months ago. However, Connor said human remains and evidence can often withstand destruction attempts and outdoor elements, being preserved within the layers of a landfill.

And the sooner a search begins, Connor says the better chance investigators have to find what they’re looking for.

“It’s a matter of taking the time, doing it piece by piece,” she said. “And landfill searches, particularly ones that start up relatively soon after the decedent was dumped are often successful.”

[...]
Dr. Melissa Connor is a professor of forensic anthropology at Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction, where she also leads the Forensic Research Station. There, Connor studies how human bodies decompose in different environments, and how that research can be applied in searches for remains.

Dr. Connor said landfill searches involve careful, detailed work. First, investigators have to locate the right area within a dump to start searching. Connor said most landfills are actually highly organized sites.

“They have good GPS recordings on where every truck goes in,” she said. “So if they know, say, a dumpster location that the remains might have been in, they’ll know what truck picked that dumpster up and where that dumpster dumped its load in the landfill."

[...]

Police believe Berreth’s body was burned, and may have been discarded months ago. However, Connor said human remains and evidence can often withstand destruction attempts and outdoor elements, being preserved within the layers of a landfill.

And the sooner a search begins, Connor says the better chance investigators have to find what they’re looking for.

“It’s a matter of taking the time, doing it piece by piece,” she said. “And landfill searches, particularly ones that start up relatively soon after the decedent was dumped are often successful.”
Praying hard for a miracle for KB and the B family. Please let these searches bring her home!

[...]

[...]

I was reading up on landfills and I was very surprised at how organized they were, and how engineered they were. They actually are made so that stuff did not decompose.

I remember somebody had said that earlier up thread, but I did not really let that sink in as previously, I have thought the purpose was to decompose. But it is not to decompose quickly. Just the opposite.

They do a layer of trash, they do a layer of dirt, they do a layer of trash, they do a layer of dirt Etc.

What things we learn here on WS.

Thanks Pommy for my continuing WS learning credits.

ETA, and thank you to the original poster who said that things did not decompose fast in a landfill. I can't remember who you were.

Last edited:
The thing is we don’t even know if there is a missing bullet....so there’s that

It is in the affidavit so in the same thought process, one can discount anything in there as the majority of it is interviews of people, some of whom are known liars so who knows? So pretty much that would be true with almost anything we know in this case. Even cell phone records, video cam, etc. does not back up everything nor is probably all there yet.

It has not went to trial yet so nothing at all has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt right? So I would agree.

So that is true but we all pick and choose what we think is true on the one hand but discount what we do not on the other. Just my opinion, with all due respect.

I personally today though am starting to think the baseball bat, at least as it relates to it occurring in KB's townhome is hogwash. I may change my mind though. :)

I have a bit of trouble buying the statements of a convicted felon, particularly when they seem quite outlandish and things do not match up.

Just my opinion.

To me there is a difference between something in the affidavit that says, According to MG the gun was in a different condition than she left it. They don't say however that we were then able to verify that it was in fact to be the case.

They do however say things like KK said she was at KB condo on such and such a date and We (LE) were able to verify this through phone records.

KK told us that PF called her and told her she had a mess to clean up and based on cell data we were able to verify that she was in CO on such and such dates.

KK told us where PF took KB body and we were able to verify that with cadaver dogs. etc etc

There are statements in the affidavit that have not necessarily been verified by LE in my opinion. But to say none of it has is not accurate in my opinion.

The thing is we don’t even know if there is a missing bullet....so there’s that
Agreed. We don't know EITHER way. Maybe there really IS a missing bullet. But then, we don't know if it has anything to do with the case. How often did MG check her weapon? Who else has she loaned her vehicle to since last checking it?

I mentioned yesterday, it is likely LE have both weapons, KB's and MG's, and common sense would dictate that both these weapons have been checked for residue. If either has been fired, the DA would know and would decide if it's relevant to the case. At this point, as far as we know, it's anyone's guess.

Here we go again, a black tote bag. I wonder if she was inside a black tote bag of some sort frist, and then placed into the more sturdy black tote. You cant throw a black plastic tote weighing over 100 pounds into a fire, that may cause the top to come off, and everything to tumble out. jmo
Well, since "dad with a phone" is not considered MSM (as KK can NOT speak to them), how about we send him to find KK and get her to clarify :) I need to get off this merry-go-round! Today!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm