CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #46*ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this before, but I'll try it again. CL and KKL have Verizon. In the western states, Verizon is quite expensive but they have the ONLY good coverage and service. Verizon is very difficult for any customer to understand. Many of their practices make no sense at all. Most prominent in that category is that two phones on the same plan are way less expensive than a single phone plan. Verizon insists that only one person is the bill payer for the account, and will only allow that person access to detailed call information, to make changes, use the accumulated points toward a new phone, or actually to upgrade the phone at all. CL was the bill payer on the Verizon account.
It's inconvenient, but deveryone does it. PF was the bill payer on KB's phone. That's why CB needed PF to provide information about it.
My wife is the bill payer on my Verizon phone, and hers sits in a drawer uncharged because she has another phone on a commercial Verizon account. She is the designated payer because I hate to even think about examining a Verizon bill.
CL had to go to Verizon with her. They won't play nice any other way. Given KKL's obvious tendency to pull out on the highway at a momewnt's notice, in anyhone's car, and travel long distances without stopping.......I believe CL was wise to say "I'll drive." IMO

Not sure what you are getting at, that is what I was saying. His phone, his plan. Therefore, he has to go with. Then to add to that it also puts her in his vehicle (most likely). And I assume maybe he even paid for it. None of what you just explained to me did I not know so I think you misunderstood my post or I was not clear.

You can also track the other person if one chooses to, with a very simple app if it is your account/phone. It would not surprise me if that was going on in the cases of both couples.

Thank you for the information but it is the same point I was making and I embellished with his $$ possibly, and his vehicle as well.

I posted this before, but I'll try it again. CL and KKL have Verizon. In the western states, Verizon is quite expensive but they have the ONLY good coverage and service. Verizon is very difficult for any customer to understand. Many of their practices make no sense at all. Most prominent in that category is that two phones on the same plan are way less expensive than a single phone plan. Verizon insists that only one person is the bill payer for the account, and will only allow that person access to detailed call information, to make changes, use the accumulated points toward a new phone, or actually to upgrade the phone at all. CL was the bill payer on the Verizon account.
It's inconvenient, but everyone does it. PF was the bill payer on KB's phone. That's why CB needed PF to provide information about it.
My wife is the bill payer on my Verizon phone, and hers sits in a drawer uncharged because she has another phone on a commercial Verizon account. She is the designated payer because I hate to even think about examining a Verizon bill.
CL had to go to Verizon with her. They won't play nice any other way. Given KKL's obvious tendency to pull out on the highway at a moment's notice, in anyone's car, and travel long distances without stopping.......I believe CL was wise to say "I'll drive." IMO
You are correct. My husband and I use Verizon too. A nightmare to understand their billing practices. However, living in the country, I do enjoy their coverage.

The Affidavit Attachment Item 34 describes the FBI contacting KKL in Las Vegas December 14th. Tweets by Sam Kraemer at 3:47 and 3:49 pm also state the 14th, and say that Aunt K was there with her, and was unaware of who PF was, or of his relationship with her niece.
The National Finals Rodeo (NFR) Round 9 of ten was on December 14th at the Mack Center. The NFR is to professional rodeo what the Super Bowl is to football or the World Series is to baseball. The Final Round 10 was the following night. Tickets for the NFR go on sale right after the competition ends, and the best seats for the final two nights are gone by mid-January; ten full months prior to the event.
I think it's safe to say that KKL's "girl's trip to Vegas to party" was planned by her well before PF ever had the brilliant idea of soliciting her.
IMO
National Finals Rodeo
Thanks for that information. I wondered why after the murder she had gone to Vegas to “celebrate”. Seems now that it was a preplanned trip. Thanks so much.

I am trying to catch up. I believe it was Dave who said the DA has until the summer to decide if he wants to pursue the DP against PF.

I wonder if by that time, his family will have convinced him to plead guilty. Certainly by now they realize what a monstrous crime he has committed. His brother being in LE and his mother growing older and living alone might make them convince him he cannot win this. I know we have discussed him needing just one rogue juror. I cannot see that happening. He could lose all family support by being so obstinate. He cannot claim self defense, seeing as he was so much bigger and beat her to death with a bat. And claiming fear of losing custody is laughable.
We learned in the Watts case, that the DA has 63 days from the arraignment, in which to decide if he wants to pursue the death penalty.

As PF’s arraignment comes on April 8, that decision would have to be made by June 10.

I wondered if this case had become high profile enough that a well-known attorney would give thought to stepping in and help with the defense. (as in the CA and SP trials for example) But after thinking about it, I guess not. Never mind, just musing!

Yanno I was just about to say I hope a certain CA lawyer doesn’t take it on.

You are correct. My husband and I use Verizon too. A nightmare to understand their billing practices. However, living in the country, I do enjoy their coverage.

We used to have Verizon, because in rural Montana, that was the ONLY provider with consistent bars.

However, T-Mobile is aggressively catching up, we switched, I haven't had any problems. And they have more benefits.

Just FYI.

We learned in the Watts case, that the DA has 63 days from the arraignment, in which to decide if he wants to pursue the death penalty.

As PF’s arraignment comes on April 8, that decision would have to be made by June 10.
Hey MG, thanks. Good to see you here. Ok so we will know by June. PF will have to make a plea on April 8th, correct?

I look for him to plead not guilty but hoping by June his family can convince him to plead guilty.

I'm so glad you brought this up! This has been bothering me ever since I read the affidavit! Like you, this order of events makes no sense to me.

However, I've wondered about a few things that make more sense than the candle-sniffing "research" PF claims to have conducted on KB as a prelude to hitting her with a bat.

KB's mom mentioned that she was surprised to see how KB looked on the Safeway video: hair up in a bun, no makeup, didn't look like her usual put-together self. I'm guessing KB hadn't had her shower yet when she ran out to Safeway to get the dip ingredients. KB figures she'll take her shower after PF picks up baby K. Maybe things go down like this:

PF picks up baby K. KB says she's going to go take a shower.
PF sees his opportunity. He goes to Walmart for just a few minutes. Does he buy the bat then?
He's back at KB's right away. He lets himself into her house, puts baby K in the back room and enters the bathroom with the bat.
He attacks KB in the shower. This is the room where LE finds quite a bit of blood evidence that KK missed during her clean-up.
KB never saw it coming: no sweater over her head or candle-sniffing game. Why would she engage in that anyway? Things are tense between KB and PF. She's not about to let him put a sweater over her head for any reason.

maybe he was watching teens on Youtube:

not to bring any levity to this board, but if you are not hit with a bat in the head and killed, maybe people do have some fun doing this.

Last edited:
We used to have Verizon, because in rural Montana, that was the ONLY provider with consistent bars.

However, T-Mobile is aggressively catching up, we switched, I haven't had any problems. And they have more benefits.

Just FYI.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. We used ATT for years. You would think they would be the best. Not here in the Midwest. T Mobile wasn’t good here for a long time. Maybe they are much improved.

Hey MG, thanks. Good to see you here. Ok so we will know by June. PF will have to make a plea on April 8th, correct?

I look for him to plead not guilty but hoping by June his family can convince him to plead guilty.
Yup, he will plead on April 8, and I have every expectation it will be “not guilty.”

I don’t think anyone is going to be able to convince him not to take this to trial, as he has basically nothing to lose.

The death penalty isn’t a serious threat, if the DA even decides to pursue it, and I fully expect him to roll the dice via trial.

I am trying to catch up. I believe it was Dave who said the DA has until the summer to decide if he wants to pursue the DP against PF.

I wonder if by that time, his family will have convinced him to plead guilty. Certainly by now they realize what a monstrous crime he has committed. His brother being in LE and his mother growing older and living alone might make them convince him he cannot win this. I know we have discussed him needing just one rogue juror. I cannot see that happening. He could lose all family support by being so obstinate. He cannot claim self defense, seeing as he was so much bigger and beat her to death with a bat. And claiming fear of losing custody is laughable.

Unless the jurors are insane like those in the Casey Anthony trial, I would think all it would take is a giant photo of KB's sweet face and the prosecutor speaking MassGuy's words, "He swung the bat."

Nothing else needed.
LWOP for the big shot candle-sniffing cowboy.

Yup, he will plead on April 8, and I have every expectation it will be “not guilty.”

I don’t think anyone is going to be able to convince him not to take this to trial, as he has basically nothing to lose.

The death penalty isn’t a serious threat, if the DA even decides to pursue it, and I fully expect him to roll the dice via trial.

Yah he sure seems like the type that won’t go down without a fight.

Unfortunately for him this time the prosecution will be the one with the bat......

Maybe they didn't have enough indication yet that she was involved. Does anybody remember what evidence it was that brought them to her house in the first place? Was it the phone data?

phone data and KB's phone last pinging outside Hansen ID, in Gooding ID. (though we actually do not know if any of KK's friends or family or theR's or anyone else contacted LE. We think that they did not, but we really do not know, IMO)

She did? In what context? Rats, I missed that!:confused:

DEC 28, 2018
Missing mom moved to Colorado for love of man now accused of her murder: report
Kelsey-1-cropped.jpg

Kelsey Berreth, along with her brother, Clint Berreth, her mother, Cheryl Berreth, and her cousin, JoDee Garretson. (Courtesy JoDee Garretson)

This was posted by PommyMommy way back but I think I posted it too- it is an old picture in MSM of KB, with her family, and she is wearing a pair of earrings. I remember thinking that maybe they were a gift from some one (?) and not just an "adornment," but had some sentimental value for her, I dunno (speculating)

phone data and KB's phone last pinging outside Hansen ID, in Gooding ID. (though we actually do not know if any of KK's friends or family or theR's or anyone else contacted LE. We think that they did not, but we really do not know, IMO)
Right, but on December, 4th, the day they took his phone, I don't think they made the connection yet that KK had KB's phone.
My post was in reply to the question as to why LE did not take her phone on the same day.

Right, but on December, 4th, the day they took his phone, I don't think they made the connection yet that KK had KB's phone.
My post was in reply to the question as to why LE did not take her phone on the same day.

I was wondering that myself how did they learn about kk in the first place? It likely had to have been from pf phone or cell records didn’t it?

I was wondering that myself how did they learn about kk in the first place? It likely had to have been from pf phone or cell records didn’t it?
Yeah, I would think there were numerous calls or texts between them, especially around the time of the murder, that would have been of interest to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member