CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Police are tight-lipped about everything here as it is an open investigation. Despite Frazee’s attorney saying he’s willing to cooperate, De Young says he hasn’t sat down with @PoliceWoodland investigators. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Strange thing here is that Frazee’s attorney has been adamant about his client’s cooperation in this case. Yet, before a dozen cameras, De Young calls for Frazee to sit down with investigators. Why the disconnect? No answer. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

UGH these partners who throw shade and expect it to be believable, who else has motive? Did she have an insurance policy? Does the partner have a sideshow?

Happy for him to lawyer up, we know that guilty or not guilty you need protection, but what is with the delays???? Your daughter needs her mother!

I am not sure if they have a visitation schedule or custody arrangement of any sort through the courts, but the parents typically trade off on who gets the child on major holidays from year to year.
Its sounds like this was a recent "arrangement" if he was her fiance.

There are so many unknowns in this case. The house is in his mothers name. Does he live there with her or did she buy it for him? Does he have a job? I haven’t seen anywhere with proof they split. Did I miss that? It does make sense that they were because what engaged couple doesn’t spend holidays together? The fact that he is not looking for her makes me wonder how much he loves her. I would be frantic and most of these guys at least pretend to be. Interesting case!
I think LE saying that PF reported last seeing Kelsey for a "custody exchange" indicated that they had split. Otherwise, I think it would have sounded like an amicable, "Kelsey gave the baby to her fiance while she went to do x..." Especially on Thanksgiving. A happily engaged couple doesn't do a "custody exchange" handoff on Thanksgiving.

is there a video somewhere or a link where I could see him speaking to the reporter? I thought I read that he wasn't speaking to reporters.
Just to tell them to get off his private property!

Yea I hear ya . I dont mean to judge. One of my kids had Baby Colic. I love him as much as the others but OMG!!!
My 6 y/o twins both had baby colic. OMG is being nice with colic, it's absolute misery.

I love my boys dearly. They are great kids in my not at all humble opinion.
But playing with the zebra/unicorn hootbeats, if I had the chance to take a break from them for a few days, even over a holiday - absolutely. Here are the kids, have fun, and I'm running out the door.

If he had lawyered up prior to the media chasing him down at the attorney's office the day after the first press conference I would agree.

However, in more than one press release on the Woodland Park Police Department FB the police have said that Patrick had told them that he picked up their daughter later in the afternoon of November 22. I doubt that the police department is lying about Patrick telling them that and that would mean he had to have spoken with them.

Not only that but police also said that Patrick had voluntarily allowed a buccal swab and allowed law enforcement to search his phone, that is without a warrant. I don't think if he had representation that his attorney would advise him to do so.

I would suggest that Patrick not only spoke with law enforcement but did so in person at least once.
In the press conf today, LE stated they've only spoken to PF through his attorney. That's why we're all scratching our heads.

In the press conf today, LE stated they've only spoken to PF through his attorney. That's why we're all scratching our heads.

I think they probably mean he hasn't come to the police station and sat down to be interrogated. I imagine he spoke with responding officers on the day KB was reported missing, even if it was just to tell them that he hadn't seen her since the 22nd and heard from her since the 25th and then shut the door on them.

De Young said Frazee has communicated with police through his attorney but wants him to speak directly with investigators because police believe he was the last person to see Berreth, whose disappearance has mystified her family and authorities.
Police want direct talk with missing Colorado mom's fiance
If I remember the question correctly, the Police Chief was asked if Patrick was still speaking with police and the Chief answered that Patrick was speaking to police through his attorney.

I don't think the question was, "Has Patrick ever spoken to the police?"

If that Question and Answer exchange is the basis for "Patrick has ONLY ever spoken to Police through his attorney" then I think that is wrong. I would think that the Police Chief would have mentioned this in the first press conference had that been the case and we would have had a statement from his attorney almost immediately after that first press conference ended. That did not happen until after the media had been chasing Patrick around.

Exactly... I personally have never been in an interview where a minor was involved, but I am generally aware of the protocol . That being said, my post was meant to point out the possible logic for allowing the father to bring the child with him. I was also under the impression that the "courtesy ride" was to some other locations to be questioned. I've since realized that it was merely a courtesy ride...as to what destination, that was not included.
It is logical to have him bring the child to the station. It could make him believe they do not suspect him seriously if he has his toddler with him. This could lower his guard. I realize you did not say he should have the child in the questioning room, that was another wondering if they would question him with his child in his lap.

Parents will protect their children at all costs (IMO).

Alexwood I respect your opinion. I have heard this multiple times since being a member here. But...if I knew my child was involved in any crime, especially one of this (presumed) magnitude, I would not protect my child. That’s me. I feel strongly about advocating for victims.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexwood I respect your opinion. I have heard this multiple times since being a member here. But...if I knew my child was involved in any crime, especially one of this magnitude, I would not protect my child. That’s me. I feel strongly about advocating for victims.

I agree. I'd have to tell the truth.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Police are tight-lipped about everything here as it is an open investigation. Despite Frazee’s attorney saying he’s willing to cooperate, De Young says he hasn’t sat down with @PoliceWoodland investigators. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Strange thing here is that Frazee’s attorney has been adamant about his client’s cooperation in this case. Yet, before a dozen cameras, De Young calls for Frazee to sit down with investigators. Why the disconnect? No answer. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

It's what all lawyers say about their client. They also say something like "my client is looking forward to their day in court." It's common defense-attorney spin.

From what LE said at the press conference, PF may have given DNA swabs, and turned over photos and his phone to investigators, but he did not sit down and answer any questions.

This happens in many cases. It appears PF has not answered, and will not be answering, any police questions except through his attorney or with his attorney present. PF is no Chris Watts.

Likely. However, she did work in Pueblo and at a place the size of her employer and her being there two years I can't imagine she didn't know any co-workers or make any friends at work or even met people who she didn't work with while out and about for lunch or whatever.
That's a given. Point being on Thanksgiving Day, not much chance friends living 70 miles away would surface to collect her after KB told her Mother she was going out with PF and their child. I believe she last left her home with PK. MOO

If I remember the question correctly, the Police Chief was asked if Patrick was still speaking with police and the Chief answered that Patrick was speaking to police through his attorney.

I don't think the question was, "Has Patrick ever spoken to the police?"

If that Question and Answer exchange is the basis for "Patrick has ONLY ever spoken to Police through his attorney" then I think that is wrong. I would think that the Police Chief would have mentioned this in the first press conference had that been the case and we would have had a statement from his attorney almost immediately after that first press conference ended. That did not happen until after the media had been chasing Patrick around.
I would have to go back and listen to it but the bottom line is that they want him to sit down with investigators and he hasn't done that. Yet, his attorney says that he's cooperating. It doesn't sound like it to me.

If my SO was missing, the police wouldn't be able to get rid of me. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member