CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at 50%, 25% and 25%. The 50% is only because of the three day warranted search of the property. Do they know something or is this harrassment?

The first 25% is because there are a lot of unknowns. Friends, boyfriends, wanderlust!
The third 25% is She could wander in at any time!

Warrants are never granted on the basis of harassment.

Lawyering up in itself is not enough to put the blame on PF because we all know they look at the significant other first. The glaring elephant in the room is that he never reported her missing. If she had the baby most of the time him having the baby for 10-11 days would have been highly irregular, what did he tell the mom he lived with? I don’t know if his mother works but I noticed he is joined at the hip with the baby. He evidently doesn’t say, “Mom will you watch the baby a minute while I do whatever.” He is not letting KB’s mom see the baby. For my money he is acting highly suspicious.

Excellent points, particularly #2. Now that we are allowed to sleuth PF, did anyone notice the make and model of the truck LE confiscated yesterday, can anyone hazard a guess at a model year, and can we determine if it has GPS as a feature? I remember that Tad Cummins disabled the GPS on his wife's Nissan Rogue when he went on his little adventure.
Photos of truck:

7434678-6496915-Frazee_was_pictured_with_his_daughter_earlier_this_week-a-44_1544807772955.jpg

<no source provided for remaining photos>

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-15_11-46-57.png
    upload_2018-12-15_11-46-57.png
    300.9 KB · Views: 350
Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone else noticed that a lot of what Kelsey's alleged relative has posted on here contradicts Kelsey's mom's statements?

The person you refer to as "Kelsey's alleged relative" is a verified insider here. Here is post 2 of this thread:

"Hey Everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Kelsey’s Aunt into our group of verified family members.
Remember a verified member does not need to provide links to back up what they post.
You can ask verified members questions but it is up to the verified member whether they will answer you.

Please be polite if you do have a discussion with a verified member. Posters who are willing to become verified do so much to help us understand what is really going on in cases on Websleuths. Especially in a case like Kelsey's.

Welcome Kelsey's Aunt. If there is anything Websleuths can do for you and your family please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Tricia, Yesterday at 1:29 AMReport
#2Unlike+ QuoteReply"

It wouldn't be hard to toss a cell phone into the back of a pickup with out of state plates at a gas station along I-25. Truck stop? Stash a phone on a semi trailer somewhere? If the vehicle were heading towards WA state it would ping along the way and run out of battery at some point.

LE would need to convince a judge/magistrate or whoever issues search warrants in that county that there is probable cause to believe that a crime has occurred on the property. They also could use the tactic that evidence in a crime is being hidden on the property.

LE would need to convince a judge/magistrate or whoever issues search warrants in that county that there is probable cause to believe that a crime has occurred on the property. They also could use the tactic that evidence in a crime is being hidden on the property.

Question: Can a search warrant include a drone to fly over private property and may that have been done prior to LE breaking into the gate? Thanks!

<modsnip - discussing other posters>

And I fully agree that no suspicion or outcome should be stated as fact. To me, internally, we all probably assign a weight to the possibilities out there based on the amount of information we have at the given moment.

For me, I am at about 75% leaning toward fiancé being involved due to statistics and difficult to explain behavior etc.

I’m about 20% in on the idea it could be a third party that we don’t know about yet, bc Idaho is a long way to go to ping, there’s no sign of struggle or contradictory surveillance footage released at this time, and even some relatives have said “it’s a long story” or asked truckers on the road to keep their eyes open for Kelsey.

I’m willing to leave 5% to the idea that this is an independently motivated disappearance that could be explained by any number of things including—hypothetically—accident, mental stress, substance abuse, another relationship etc. I could think of very minuscule reasons why I don’t rule these out, but assign them only a very low percentage due to the lack of details that make these likely.

What about you all? What kind of percentages do you assign to the different possibilities?

I’d say probably about the same percentages.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't be hard to toss a cell phone into the back of a pickup with out of state plates at a gas station along I-25. Truck stop? Stash a phone on a semi trailer somewhere? If the vehicle were heading towards WA state it would ping along the way and run out of battery at some point.
Does anyone know what the fiance does for a living? Could he have access to Kelsey's place of employment? Just wondering if her phone could have ended up in an aircraft.

Agree completely! This is exactly what I said a few days ago. Couple that with a few scheduled text messages in advance on the 25th before the battery dies and bam! Just bought yourself a week!

I am suspicious of PF because he did not report her missing until after 11 days.

In addition, the statistics are not in his favor.

It is possible that his lawyer told him to not communicate with KB’s family while it’s an active case given that SW’s parents were also suspicious of CW...

I believe PF’s defense attorney is advsing him to not talk to any media, reporters, avoid press conferences, and not talk to KB’s family or friends. Basically, I think his lawyer told him to act like a hermit who doesn’t get out. It doesn’t make PF look good in the eyes of the public.

The public wants to see PF active in searching for KB. Stone-walling everyone makes him look more suspicious.

Last edited:
As @MassGuy mentioned, I am on the other side of the aisle so I’m biased about defense attorneys in general. Not all; I know some good, decent ones.

Look, they are necessary. They are the bedrock of our Constitution, which is the highest law of our land. Hard as they make my life sometimes lol, I would never wish for a criminal justice system without them.

However, this guy, while he may not be doing anything wrong per se, isn’t necessarily the kind I would get along with. For example, his BS excuse about PF not being at the presser because he didn’t have enough notice. So was PF at yesterday’s presser then?

Or, insinuating that LE has not asked his client to participate in yesterday’s search. What?! That’s not how it works buddy. And I know he knows that.

At this point I’m not sure what I feel the defense attorney knows about PF’s possible involvement in this. However, turning over a phone and a DNA swab is nothing we should be bowing down to any potential suspect for. There are warrants for those types of things.

If PF is guilty of nothing, I will gladly apologize. But so far, he’s told a story about 11/22 that has not been verified (at least to us), did not report his co-parent missing (even if they broke up or were engaged for show), did not participate in two pressers and a vigil for her, won’t let his child’s grandmother see the baby, and has apparently refused to sit down face to face with LE. In my world, we don’t call that cooperating.

I'm reminded of a recent case here in Colorado, Natalie Bollinger. The BF she lived with was under intense scrutiny. He retained a lawyer, probably at the advice of a trusted family member, and stayed out of the limelight. LE was tight-lipped about the investigation and really threw WS members a curve ball when the pizza delivery guy was charged. Though the confessed perp hasn't gone to trial yet (and thus all the details haven't come out), that appears to have been the right call for the BF in that case.
Just FYI, the pizza guy plead guilty to second degree murder.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/kdvr.c...er-pleads-guilty-to-second-degree-murder/amp/

Question: Can a search warrant include a drone to fly over private property and may that have been done prior to LE breaking into the gate? Thanks!

I seem to remember from another case that the height of the drone’s flight is the determining factor. I believe after a certain height, it’s considered public airspace/public view and wouldn’t require a warrant. I could be wrong though.

And with that LE now has the opportunity and plenty of resources to find if there’s any reason to suspect that PF is involved. I don’t suspect PF at all until / unless there’s evidence to support that suspicion.

And to be real honest, at this point I’m skeptical that there’s even a crime to investigate.

Regarding the fiance lawyering up, that's the prudent thing to do in today's society when your SO disappears. I'm reminded of a recent case here in Colorado, Natalie Bollinger. The BF she lived with was under intense scrutiny. He retained a lawyer, probably at the advice of a trusted family member, and stayed out of the limelight. LE was tight-lipped about the investigation and really threw WS members a curve ball when the pizza delivery guy was charged. Though the confessed perp hasn't gone to trial yet (and thus all the details haven't come out), that appears to have been the right call for the BF in that case.

Her boyfriend also lawyered up immediately and wouldn’t talk to police except through the lawyer, but he didn’t kill her. That’s actually what keeps sticking in my head here.

Just about every SO lawyers up. It's their right to do so.
I would do the same, although I would be truthful with my lawyer.
Whether a person chooses to be or not is up to them.
What LE needs is evidence of actual guilt.
And many times, despite the "CSI" effect we hope for, circumstantial cases are the best.
With the extremely short police response time and all the info we have in the Jayme Closs disappearance, she is still missing.
Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member