Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #55 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you had 9/16 in your notes because PF’s attorneys had until Sept. 16th to notify prosecutors if they’ll put forth an alternative suspect as defense.

But from the article which I copied said:

A request by prosecutors to compel Frazee to reveal whether he intends to present an alternative theory about who killed his fiancee at his trial. Sells said he will hold a hearing on that issue by Sept. 16.

So quiet.

So has the defense found KK yet? IANAL but can they not subpoena her for a deposition since she is a witness in a criminal trial?

Does anyone know?

Curious.

Jmo.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Witness reveals how Patrick Frazee allegedly killed Kelsey Berreth, disposed of her body

I'm thinking we may get depictions of her in court via a sketch artist, like the rendering of PF seen in the linked article above.

With any luck, the artist's sketch will be extremely unflattering, which is to say, a completely realistic depiction of KK. Judging by the sketch the artist made of PF, I'm liking our chances. The artist seemed to do a great job of capturing PF's dour, surly, moronic countenance perfectly.

Of course, if there's no sketch artist in court during KK's testimony, we can always use our imaginations and post our own artistic versions of KK up on the stand.
Heck, we may want to go ahead and do that even if there IS a sketch artist at PF's trial.
It would be like art therapy for the group.

Art can be so very cathartic.

JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Witness reveals how Patrick Frazee allegedly killed Kelsey Berreth, disposed of her body

I'm thinking we may get depictions of her in court via a sketch artist, like the rendering of PF seen in the linked article above.

With any luck, the artist's sketch will be extremely unflattering, which is to say, a completely realistic depiction of KK. Judging by the sketch the artist made of PF, I'm liking our chances. The artist seemed to do a great job of capturing PF's dour, surly, moronic countenance perfectly.

Of course, if there's no sketch artist in court during KK's testimony, we can always use our imaginations and post our own artistic versions of KK up on the stand.
Heck, we may want to go ahead and do that even if there IS a sketch artist at PF's trial.

JMO.
Perhaps Botero will be available for court.

I very well could be completely wrong, but I thought 9/16 was just a deadline for electronic filing of the Alternate Suspect Defense. That means the defense e-mails a formal filing to the court, with a proposed witness list and proposed evidence list (both in addition to the prosecution's lists). It will include a narrative similar to the arrest affidavit, outlining the actual line of defense that will be used. Full discovery copies of everything have to be emailed to the prosecution. There is nothing to discuss publicly, until they get to trial, unless there is a huge problem that would affect the start of the trial.
IMO

Aug 24, 2019

Patrick Frazee: Whats next?

[...]

Friday, the judge set a hearing date for September 16th to reveal whether or not Frazee's defense team will point the blame at another person.

"If there is an alternate suspect, the judge did set an earlier deadline on that than normal so the parties can have a hearing on whether it's justified," said district attorney Dan May.

This specific motion requested by the defense was a highly anticipated one, with many believing that possible "other person to blame" would be Krystal Kenney, the woman who rated Frazee out to police and made a deal with prosecutors.

That September 16th hearing will not be a cut and dry one. It took the prosecution and defense some time to figure out a date, the judge being the mediator, ensuring they would both have the time they needed to prepare.

"That's the purpose of setting the 16th deadline to see what they have and then we'll respond to it at that time," said May. bbm

[...]

The defense has until the 16th to tell the court what legal strategy they're taking.

If proficient evidence is provided by the defense on the 16, proving that another person may now be a suspect in Kelsey Berreth's death, it could completely change the court of the trial set for October 28th.

I very well could be completely wrong, but I thought 9/16 was just a deadline for electronic filing of the Alternate Suspect Defense. That means the defense e-mails a formal filing to the court, with a proposed witness list and proposed evidence list (both in addition to the prosecution's lists). It will include a narrative similar to the arrest affidavit, outlining the actual line of defense that will be used. Full discovery copies of everything have to be emailed to the prosecution. There is nothing to discuss publicly, until they get to trial, unless there is a huge problem that would affect the start of the trial.
IMO

Completely wrong according to Dan May.

That September 16th hearing will not be a cut and dry one. It took the prosecution and defense some time to figure out a date, the judge being the mediator, ensuring they would both have the time they needed to prepare.

"That's the purpose of setting the 16th deadline to see what they have and then we'll respond to it at that time," said May.

Completely wrong according to Dan May.

After that line, the article you are quoting concludes:

"The defense has until the 16th to tell the court what legal strategy they're taking.

If proficient evidence is provided by the defense on the 16, proving that another person may now be a suspect in Kelsey Berreth's death, it could completely change the court of the trial set for October 28th."

Patrick Frazee: Whats next?

I have said more than once since the preliminary hearing that I would like to see a transcript since tweeting from reporters differed and had some remarks that still exist that people think oh, the reporter just took it wrong or got it wrong due to acoustics, etc. even though some of those statements still exist on news sites, etc. online...

Here we are months later with no transcript even though it was requested last spring...

Whatever happened to the requests filed by in February by CBS and ABC? Were they fulfilled?

Colorado Judicial Branch

I have said more than once since the preliminary hearing that I would like to see a transcript since tweeting from reporters differed and had some remarks that still exist that people think oh, the reporter just took it wrong or got it wrong due to acoustics, etc. even though some of those statements still exist on news sites, etc. online...

Here we are months later with no transcript even though it was requested last spring...

Whatever happened to the requests filed by in February by CBS and ABC? Were they fulfilled?

Colorado Judicial Branch

Transcripts are always available for purchase by anyone..

Not sure what you're referring to filed in Feb?? Motion for expanding media coverage (EMC) is not for transcript -- that's permission to film/broadcast for advisements and arraignments.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/PDF/JDF 4 - Transcript Request Form -.pdf

Not sure what you're referring to filed in Feb?? Motion for expanding media coverage (EMC) is not for transcript -- that's permission to film/broadcast for advisements and arraignments.

I think she is asking about Transcript Request CBS (Filed March 06, 2019) which was posted on the courts website on March 28, 2019. It appears on the website two items below the Request for Expanded Media Coverage.
I have idea why nothing has apparently happened. Is there someone who has a better explanation?
Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Patrick Frazee

Attachments

• Transcrip Request CBS.pdf
    253 KB · Views: 13
I think she is asking about Transcript Request CBS (Filed March 06, 2019) which was posted on the courts website on March 28, 2019. It appears on the website two items below the Request for Expanded Media Coverage.
I have idea why nothing has apparently happened. Is there someone who has a better explanation?
Colorado Judicial Branch - Teller - Cases of Interest - The People of the State of Colorado v. Patrick Frazee

O/P cited February so I didn't look at March 28 -- thank you.

I now see the post for transcript request which looks typical.

I'm not sure why it's assumed the network did not receive the transcript requested, which would be forwarded directly to the NY address on the request. They paid extra for expedite too!

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

JMO.

Lol that’s too funny, I recognize PF’s snarl!

Attachments

• A8566A25-F6A8-4CAA-9A72-9C9EC7BA18D5.png
    A8566A25-F6A8-4CAA-9A72-9C9EC7BA18D5.png
    892.9 KB · Views: 93

I'm not sure why it's assumed the network did not receive the transcript requested, which would be forwarded directly to the NY address on the request. They paid extra for expedite too![/QUOTE

I'm not sure why it's assumed the network did not receive the transcript requested, which would be forwarded directly to the NY address on the request. They paid extra for expedite too!

Right--I referred to February because it was the date filed where the date entered into the court record is March. There was a request for the transcript and a request by the other network for exhibits. Yes, they paid to expedite.

Two things are different than I am used to--first something taking that long to be entered into record and second in court records I am used to, there is an entry into the record of when the transcription, etc. request was satisfied and completed.

My interest is due to if the preliminary hearing was transcribed, a copy should be much cheaper now for a member of the public wants to go get one. The highest cost is for the first transcription and expediting would add to that. I know people there that can or perhaps would go get a copy or if anyone else is interested and wants to do it, I would contribute--and I am interested in seeing it and have been for some time.

For that matter, I am interested also in seeing a transcript from the most recent motion hearing as there did not seem to be too many reporters present or reporting all.

Jmo.

I had a reply here, unsure what happened. Trying again.

Exactly. The filing date was February, the entry date on the court records is March. CBS had a transcript request and ABC had an exhibit request. Both were entered later on the record than they were submitted by the networks.

ETA: By filing I mean when the networks submitted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member