Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #55 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s got a public defender, so money isn’t the issue.

This is mainly about the defense strategy, and if they plan to say KK did it, and not their client.

I really don’t see PF accepting a plea deal here, as I think he’s too arrogant to believe he’s going to be spending the rest of his life in prison.
I forgot he had a public defender!

I'm still hoping his mama gets him to go for the plea.

Maybe Frazee's family couldn't afford to pay his attorneys what they required for this and, knowing he'll make a plea deal, opted out. He could get 25 to life and a chance one day for parole instead of the LWOP he deserves.

I remain optimistic that Kelsey's family won't have to spend weeks sitting in a courtroom hearing manufactured garbage about their girl.

BBM:

Boy, it would sure be nice to think so, wouldn't it?

Unfortunately, there's been nothing in PF's behavior to warrant such optimism, at least not to my way of thinking.

When one considers that he bludgeoned the B's only daughter to death with a baseball bat, it strains credulity to believe that he'd care one iota about sparing them the further pain and anguish of having to sit for days listening to the horrific details in the courtroom.

He's too stubborn and too stupid and too selfish to plead out.

I also hope that the DA will maintain a principled stand.
Given that DA May has already articulated that the prosecution is in possession of "voluminous" amounts of evidence in this case, he can really take it to PF and make him pay the max price.

There's really no need for the DA to make yet another deal with yet another devil, especially one as evil and remorseless as PF.

JMO.

Last edited:
I forgot he had a public defender!

I'm still hoping his mama gets him to go for the plea.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I'm pretty sure Ma F. holds no sway with PF.

Also, keeping mind, this is the woman who came to PF's arraignment with her own lawyer in tow, and plead the 5th.

Come to think of it, PF's bro the LEO hasn't managed to talk him into taking a plea, either.
That really would be the right thing for his family members to do here.
Unfortunately, there's nothing to indicate either SF1 OR SF2 have ever encouraged PF to do the right thing.

"Do The Right Thing" clearly ain't that family's motto.

There's a reason KB's mom got custody of Baby K even though Baby K had spent a considerable amount of time being watched by Ma at the ranch.

JMO.

Last edited:
I for one celebrate the day that sweet little baby was taken away from that evil place never EVER to return. How incredulous to even think SF could get custody and take her back to that hideous franch where they desecrated the body of her beloved mother. What utter nerve they have to even think someone would allow that!

I'm hoping no news is good news. I'm sure the defense would love to pin it on KK if it weren't for that whole pesky being in a different state during the murder fact getting in the way. I wonder if they're feeling up the creek without a paddle...fingers crossed.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I'm pretty sure Ma F. holds no sway with PF.

Also, keeping mind, this is the woman who came to PF's arraignment with her own lawyer in tow, and plead the 5th.

Come to think of it, PF's bro the LEO hasn't managed to talk him into taking a plea, either.
That really would be the right thing for his family members to do here.
Unfortunately, there's nothing to indicate either SF1 OR SF2 have ever encouraged PF to do the right thing.

"Do The Right Thing" clearly ain't that family's motto.

There's a reason KB's mom got custody of Baby K even though Baby K had spent a considerable amount of time being watched by Ma at the ranch.

JMO.

Aw, say it ain't so, GK!

I actually never thought a Frazee plea (that has a nice ring to it.....downright poetic) would come from a "Do the Right Thing" place in their hearts.

"I'm cornered by my own criminality and stupidity" would be the origin of Frazee's plea and Mama would agree ('cause Lord knows she realizes how stupid he is) plus he might be able to negotiate a prison close enough for her to visit.

I'm gonna' keep believing! (I want all your Trophy Points if I'm right!)

MOO

I for one celebrate the day that sweet little baby was taken away from that evil place never EVER to return. How incredulous to even think SF could get custody and take her back to that hideous franch where they desecrated the body of her beloved mother. What utter nerve they have to even think someone would allow that!

Your last line, describes the happenings at the 'franch': the nerve to do as they pleased.:eek:
This has now been stopped, and there are rules that must be followed.
MOO.

@gitana1 If PF told his attorneys the truth, would they be allowed to introduce KK as an alternate suspect in the first place?

Good question.

The only "alternate suspect" trial that comes to mind is Martha Moxley.

Michael Skakel's defense brought up the Skakel tutor (Littleton) in first trial as the alternate. (I believe defense wanted to blame his brother Tom as alternate suspect in the last trial).

I recall that if Michael confessed to his attorney's - they could not let him perjure himself and would have to prevent him from testifying. It didn't stop them from suggesting another killed Martha. MOO

Good question.

The only "alternate suspect" trial that comes to mind is Martha Moxley.

Michael Skakel's defense brought up the Skakel tutor (Littleton) in first trial as the alternate. (I believe defense wanted to blame his brother Tom as alternate suspect in the last trial).

I recall that if Michael confessed to his attorney's - they could not let him perjure himself and would have to prevent him from testifying. It didn't stop them from suggesting another killed Martha. MOO
This is probably a moot point anyways, I genuinely doubt he’s ever said a word to his attorneys.

I can just picture them asking him questions, and PF grunting in response.

Aw, say it ain't so, GK!

I actually never thought a Frazee plea (that has a nice ring to it.....downright poetic) would come from a "Do the Right Thing" place in their hearts.

"I'm cornered by my own criminality and stupidity" would be the origin of Frazee's plea and Mama would agree ('cause Lord knows she realizes how stupid he is) plus he might be able to negotiate a prison close enough for her to visit.

I'm gonna' keep believing! (I want all your Trophy Points if I'm right!)

MOO

PF is much too stupid to actually realize he's stupid.

He's so dumb that he actually believes he's capable of outwitting the DA.

PF can't grasp the fact that it takes actual "wits" to outwit anyone.

He's not even a halfwit.
He's a witlesss moron who's devoid of a conscience.

I know many here believe there's some kind of strong bond b/ t PF and his Ma.
If there is, trust me, it's completely one-sided, just like all of PF's other (nonexistent) "relationships."

I don't think PF has any emotional attachments to anyone, period.

He just likes having someone who can cater to him, e.g. cook his meals, clean his room, scratch his back, trim his bangs, etc.

All of the women in his life are treated like they're glorified nannies, and by glorified, I mean, completely disrespected.
In his "mind," the women is his life exist merely to meet his needs.

He won't care one iota about getting visits from Ma in prison, unless she brings his favorite comic books and his Woody from Toy Story doll with her.

But if I'm completely wrong and he ends up pleading guilty, I'll happily fork over all my Trophy Points.

Don't get too excited, though: Turns out, those Trophy Points aren't redeemable for cash prizes or in-store discounts.

Live and learn and pass it on.

JMO.

Last edited:
This article has been updated but we still don't know...

Updated: Tue 7:23 AM, Sep 17, 2019
Deadline passes for Frazee attorneys to name new suspect in Kelsey Berreth murder
The deadline has come and gone for defense lawyers to name an alternate suspect in the Kelsey Berreth murder case.

[...]

A court spokesperson said Monday that were anything to be filed, it would be reviewed Tuesday morning.

11 News is working to confirm whether or not anything was filed late Monday night. The Colorado Judicial Branch website is not showing any new filings in the Frazee case since Aug. 30.

[...]

BBM:

Love your use of that phrase, on account of it's so apropos here.
Casting DA May in the role of Daniel and PF as King Belshazzar in the modern-day version of that scene.
"Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upsharin," PF.
Translation: You're Doomed.

Anyway, in all fairness to PF's attorneys, it's pretty difficult to mount a viable defense when your client has in fact brutally murdered the mother of his child with a baseball bat.

Brutally murdering the mother of one's child with a baseball bat is widely frowned upon behavior.

The defense may need to get creative here.

Does PF like Twinkies, by any chance?

JMO.

I had no idea where that phrase came from!!

The deadline has come and gone for defense lawyers to name an alternate suspect in the Kelsey Berreth murder case.
upload_2019-9-17_9-53-32.jpeg
Patrick Frazee's attorneys had until 11:59 Monday night to file paperwork accusing someone else of killing Berreth late last year. The spokesperson for the Colorado Judicial Branch confirmed with 11 News Tuesday morning that the defense team did not file anything.
Deadline passes without new suspect named in Kelsey Berreth murder

View attachment 204837
Patrick Frazee's attorneys had until 11:59 Monday night to file paperwork accusing someone else of killing Berreth late last year. The spokesperson for the Colorado Judicial Branch confirmed with 11 News Tuesday morning that the defense team did not file anything.
Deadline passes without new suspect named in Kelsey Berreth murder

That was really his only strong defense.

I think we can now definitively lay to rest the theory that KK was in Colorado and committed the crime. If there was a chance in hell of that being true she would've been named.

They have the evidence that we don't. They know absolutely that she wasn't here when Kelsey was being bludgeoned to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy