CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what surprises me? We don't have any biography of KB. Except for her growing up in Moses Lake and getting a diploma in a community college in Big Bend. But what happened after that, where she lived, what jobs she had, when she moved to CO? I understand she moved in the context of relationship, but even this is unclear.

I understand that her parents may even be unaware of the details of her life in CO, but can one get a normal, regular life story before CO? I think it might be very helpful.

I thought about this before falling asleep. Other than flying, we really have no idea of what she is like. No hobbies, friends, likes/dislikes. This also tells me that they aren’t trying to appeal emotionally to any captors/probably don’t really think she’s alive

Can he not by law of some kind be FORCED to participate in an inquiry (his lawyer present of course)? I’ve never seen such evasion as in this case. If you are pretending to want to know what happened to your baby’s mother, wouldn’t you at least want to keep your name clear by answering questions with the investigator?

The case that comes to mind for me, is the Ramsey case. Other than talking to LE at their home initially, wasn’t it many months before John and Patsy sat down again to be interviewed by LE? Granted, it was no longer a “missing” case, but allegedly they still needed to find the perp. Though appearances seemed very important to the Ramseys, they remained silent. IMO, in cases like this, protecting oneself or a family member, trumps the appearance of guilt that often accompanies not talking (directly) to LE.

Last edited:
I'm so curious too. If they happened to find her, would that be info they released right away? And... Why stop searching halfway through if not?
I beleive they finished searching via the warrant. They did not stop halfway through. With all of the media being camped out, I am sure there would be reporting if the coronor or homecide division went onto the property.

Yes I’m finding it very disconcerting in the very LEAST that HER family are not allowed to see the baby? Who does that? What caused that type of rift? What has it fueled?
One can only guess what Kelsey's mom may have said to the boyfriend when she first discovered her daughter was missing and he hadn't notified the police. In my opinion, there were already bad vibes between them, before she arrived in town.

I don’t want to speak with certainty, bc I am not 100% sure, but I do think that—in some cases—some PDs have not immediately announced their findings in property searches, but have waited to get organized and confirm what they’ve found before they hold a press conference.

I don't know what to think about this, doesn't sound like they found anything that will lead them to Kelsey. Seems they would have taken all the time they were given looking. What do you all think? Found something and are testing it or didn't find anything?
I don't think they found anything but maybe he has agreed to an interview. If what the article said last night is true, that they are preparing to talk to him, then that would be their first priority. Maybe he agreed to speak to them without his lawyer present. If not, it's better than no interview. Imo

The thing is, I totally get the family keeping things quiet, it’s unusual but I understand that these may be unusual circumstances (from the norm).

But that doesn’t go for everyone else. Surely she has some local connections that she’s made since she moved there.

You’d expect to hear something from someone.

I’ve seen a few of her friends sharing the missing poster on Facebook and commenting on some of her brother’s posts. Almost all of their profiles are locked down pretty tightly though, so I wonder if that’s some of it too. We can’t see what is being said. But it’s still really odd that nothing at all is getting out. You would think things about their school days would come out, at minimum.

This part is really bizarre to me too. We know basically nothing about her life or PFs life. Pretty much the complete opposite of the Watts case when about 24 hours in we had almost full life stories for both CW and SW, including their life in NC before moving.

Social media told the Watts story along with their friends and family. If we weren't hearing (what little we have) from Kelsey's family we would know nothing about her. Very private person, she doesn't even have tons of photos of her baby - which is very odd to me in the world we live in now.

Do you know of media who were there all night? I saw only a tweet from one that was arriving late at night to see if they were still working and described it as if no one was there.

I beleive they finished searching via the warrant. They did not stop halfway through. With all of the media being camped out, I am sure there would be reporting if the coronor or homecide division went onto the property.

I thought about this before falling asleep. Other than flying, we really have no idea of what she is like. No hobbies, friends, likes/dislikes. This also tells me that they aren’t trying to appeal emotionally to any captors/probably don’t really think she’s alive
I wish the media would find some friends from her past to interview. She must have friends from college and where she used to live. It would really help to get an idea of what her personality is like. There has to be someone that knows her well.

I don't think they found anything but maybe he has agreed to an interview. If what the article said last night is true, that they are preparing to talk to him, then that would be their first priority. Maybe he agreed to speak to them without his lawyer present. If not, it's better than no interview. Imo
Missed that article.

The only reason I can think of is what I said in the above post. Her family was very religious. Her mom seemed to want people to know that about her. Maybe they did not approve of PF because they thought he was putting off the marriage. Her mom stressed that they were getting married but made excuses for the delay. Apparently her daughter gave her reasons for why they put it off. Reasons that didn't really make sense. Maybe they weren't involved with the child's life. We don't even know if they spent time with PF.
Maybe they did not approve of him and he was resentful. Maybe he considers them an interference. That is the only reason I can think of for his dislike of them. He may see her family as a threat. He likely fears that they will try to get custody of the child. Imo

This is a really good point. It could also explain why they were so private in their lives. There can be a lot of shame in having a child out of wedlock especially if family is very religious. Stigma and judgement. Dislike him because he’s not making “an honest woman out of her”. Perhaps, co-parenting and not rushing marriage is important to KB and PF. Perhaps, the relationship went stale and she found out they were pregnant. And getting engaged was doing the “right thing” but their hearts weren’t into it. Relationships break down, especially after a move, this is a stressor, and maybe they were figuring out how to co-parent whilst dealing with the religious judgement and pressure from family. And the excuses, were just excuses to family to not deal with their judgment and morality on having a kid out of wedlock. In this day and age, happens all the time.

I don't know what to think about this, doesn't sound like they found anything that will lead them to Kelsey. Seems they would have taken all the time they were given looking. What do you all think? Found something and are testing it or didn't find anything?
I am 90% found something and tested/will be testing it and 10% found nothing.

The way I see it, if she was into flying, that IS her life, her hobbies, how she spends her time. She was willing to commute 70 miles to her flight-instructor jobs. I can't even imagine commuting that far - it would get old very fast - unless it were for a job I loved and a family situation that mattered to me. She might have been okay with the commute because she loved the work and because it meant something to her that her baby was cared for by family.

What time did she possibly have for additional hobbies? (FWIW, when my kids were 15 months old, I had no hobby other than reading 1/2 chapter of a book before falling asleep....and I didn't have a 70-mile commute.)

I think who Kelsey was at the time she went missing is a flight instructor, mom, fiancee, newcomer to town. We don't know more than that because there isn't more than that (how much more could there be?).

jmo

In the US and Colorado ... the parents can move anywhere they want, the courts adjust visitation.

But, there would not be much visitation for PF, once KB left the state.

Logistics and cost ... plus impact on the child, would reduce visitation to a few times a year ... when what PF was used to ... was daily, most every day.

Not exactly. Yes, you can love where ever you want but in a case where the child was born in the state where the father lived and the father appeared to be involved, it’s very possible they would have awarded primary to him if mom was leaving the state. This is my experience as a former military spouse who had a child whose biological father lived in my hometown where our child was born. If he hadn’t agreed to let her move around the country with me, there was a better than good chance that the judge would say I could go where ever I wanted but I wasn’t removing my child from her home state without her father’s consent.

Chris Watts, Scott Peterson and many others had no violent history reported, until they became violent.
Abusive men use violence for their own gratification and control.
Men who kill once only do it for practical purposes. MOO
This. And sadly, nobody really knows for sure why anybody does anything.

Social media told the Watts story along with their friends and family. If we weren't hearing (what little we have) from Kelsey's family we would know nothing about her. Very private person, she doesn't even have tons of photos of her baby - which is very odd to me in the world we live in now.
The difference being that SW ran her business on social media so we were able to see more of her life than what is the standard. I have my FB page locked down so that only my friends can see my posts and photos. I think that is pretty normal considering all of the hacking and privacy issues on social media these days. IMO

Yes I’m finding it very disconcerting in the very LEAST that HER family are not allowed to see the baby? Who does that? What caused that type of rift? What has it fueled?
Just putting it out, my biological family has never seen any of my children since the oldest was 4 months old. So I can't judge why someone is or is not allowed to see children.

Everything about this case looks off. Everything. For as close as KB family is claiming, not hearing anything for 10 days would raise flags a lot earlier. Odds say the hoof beats are horses, aka PF, but there are some zebras hanging around.

Is there anyone with the SDA groups or airplane ties from the Pueblo or Colorado Springs area also missing from the time frame? Just to think outside the home area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18