CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very hard to come by but here's some personal, published information about KB:

“Kelsey loves her God, she loves her family and friends, and she loves her job,” Cheryl Berreth added. “She’s reliable, considerate, and honest.” “She doesn’t run off, and someone knows where she’s at.”
[...]
Berreth said the couple was planning to find a home of their own, but Frazee’s job as a cattle farmer had been impacted by poor prices.
[...]
Kelsey grew up on a farm in Moses Lake, Washington and went to a private Christian school before attending Big Bend Community College for her aviation training, according to one local report with iFIBER One News. BBM

In 2016, Kelsey moved to Colorado, where Frazee’s family lives. When and how the couple met remains unclear.

Relatives have described Kelsey as a sweet, quiet woman who radiates a warm energy.
[...]
Kindle said Kelsey takes a while to warm up to people, but that her relationships are meaningful; Kelsey focused on the quality of her friendships instead of quantity, he said.

The Berreth clan had planned to reunite in Idaho for Christmas. Kelsey’s parents, retired hay farmers, had relocated to Idaho in recent years. “The family is extremely close,” Kindle said. “She and her brother spoke multiple times a week, as well as her mom.”

Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom

My thinking has been that this relationship was on its last legs, if it wasn’t altogether over at the point she disappeared.

Another love interest could be in play, but I’m not sure that things suddenly changed on account of this third party.

I still think that this all comes down to the child.

I could certainly be wrong on this.
I’m really getting a feel that this relationship might have ended long before Thanksgiving and maybe the only interaction they were having was sharing who watches the baby. If that’s the case a whole lot of this might make more sense.

Very hard to come by but here's some personal, published information about KB:

“Kelsey loves her God, she loves her family and friends, and she loves her job,” Cheryl Berreth added. “She’s reliable, considerate, and honest.” “She doesn’t run off, and someone knows where she’s at.”
[...]
Berreth said the couple was planning to find a home of their own, but Frazee’s job as a cattle farmer had been impacted by poor prices.
[...]
Kelsey grew up on a farm in Moses Lake, Washington and went to a private Christian school before attending Big Bend Community College for her aviation training, according to one local report with iFIBER One News. BBM

In 2016, Kelsey moved to Colorado, where Frazee’s family lives. When and how the couple met remains unclear.

Relatives have described Kelsey as a sweet, quiet woman who radiates a warm energy.
[...]
Kindle said Kelsey takes a while to warm up to people, but that her relationships are meaningful; Kelsey focused on the quality of her friendships instead of quantity, he said.

The Berreth clan had planned to reunite in Idaho for Christmas. Kelsey’s parents, retired hay farmers, had relocated to Idaho in recent years. “The family is extremely close,” Kindle said. “She and her brother spoke multiple times a week, as well as her mom.”

Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom
Great information. Thank you. So far we have not heard from friends and that is ok. As a person in my 20s, I have a friend that is far more introverted than me and doesn’t seem to talk to other friends as much. She goes to work and spends time with her husband. She doesn’t respond to many of her friends via text either.

KB recently moved to CO in 2016, had a baby, worked as a flight instructor, etc. and those are a lot of life changing events in a short time period. She may have lost touch with friends to focus on work and caring for the baby. Her mom said she worked long hours and parenting a 1 yr. old, on her custody days, would keep her busy.

A lot of moms that are this busy use social media and Facebook mommy chat groups as their social outlet (think of Websleuths but a community for moms). Many of her closest friends might be in a different state. Shanann Watts’s case had an advantage because her job required her to be very active on social media and her job consisted of her personal friends as colleagues, who communicated multiple times a day. Thus, we got to know A LOT about Shanann and what would be unusual for her.

We don’t know if KB attended a church in CO? I’d imagine the church would speak out if she did.

Last edited:
Definitely possible.

I'm starting to think PF & KB's relationship at this point was to only co-parent the child. It may not have been known to the public or family but I consider that a possibility. If PF harmed her it would most likely be something to do with caring for K or KB moving away with K or along those lines. If someone else harmed her the reason is less apparent to me.
If they were on and off, and broke up again on Thanksgiving Day as a family member posted on Facebook, and then she told him she was going to move closer to her family with the baby, things could have taken a wrong turn.

The most dangerous time for a woman is when she is pregnant or trying to leave, especially when future child support or a new love interest is involved.

The police had probable cause to search the property. The most unusual detail about this case is the phone ping in Idaho. Otherwise, I'm going with an Occam's Razor explanation. As with most cases, the key to this one is finding KB, and I pray that she is found quickly.

You can tell a lot about someone by looking at their Pinterest account IMO. Things I noticed besides a few recipes for Cinnamon rolls.... no wedding pins (except for a couple of dresses that may be worn as wedding attire), a lot of relationship themed inspirational quotes (the kind you see on your friend's FB wall when they are dealing with a troubled relationship), and the usual travel, fashion, cooking, and decorating ideas.

The one quote that stuck in my mind was "When someone treats you like an option, help them narrow their choices by removing yourself from the equation".

I thought the same thing the first time I saw the Safeway footage. There is no way I would lug a 15 mo. old baby around in one of those. My youngest grandson would be just a little older than K & he's a heavy lil chunky butt!!

It was hard to even carry a newborn in one. They are really heavy. I'm her size and weight, and it was extremely cumbersome to carry

You can tell a lot about someone by looking at their Pinterest account IMO. Things I noticed besides a few recipes for Cinnamon rolls.... no wedding pins (except for a couple of dresses that may be worn as wedding attire), a lot of relationship themed inspirational quotes (the kind you see on your friend's FB wall when they are dealing with a troubled relationship), and the usual travel, fashion, cooking, and decorating ideas.

The one quote that stuck in my mind was "When someone treats you like an option, help them narrow their choices by removing yourself from the equation".

Very interesting

Thank you for sharing the research

And for the insight

The parents own a Mortgage Company. There's no personal loan but a typical 30 year, federal regulated lending transaction. Topic covered extensively in earlier threads.

it's an actual mortgage company? you or I could get a loan from them? I thought it was set up by them to lend her money, didn't realize it was for any other purpose

Agreed. But if she simply removed herself from the equation then why isn't he clearing his name instead of p footing throughout the investigation.

What about PF? Does he have a Pinterest board?

Yes, that is significant. I believe she was planning to leave town with her daughter.

Dexter, has LE said whether the phone last pinged in Idaho but also pinged along the trip to Idaho or pinged in Idaho like it had been off and then turned back on in Idaho?
I honestly have no idea Pink. But I wonder if someone mailed the phone out there to someone else so they can send the last texts to throw people off in the wrong direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kate E