CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So based on sources saying she was going to dinner with fiancé, she walked out on her on and got into his vehicle. She did not go to dinner, and did not arrive back home and probably not at his place either.

Texts sent from her phone after were a cover up. The phone ping is weird. And if the phone traveled 800 miles, somebody stopped for gas and there are cameras.

Checking in. Hoping Kelsey is alive but searches of property of this scale don't seem to happen when that's a likely scenario. *Disclaimer - have not completed all of the threads. Just keep seeing her beautiful face on national coverage. Also, my cinnamon rolls don't stay out past supper. Personal preference. ~NewMama x3

What if she was decorating for Christmas earlier in the morning on thanksgiving, getting her place cute for putting up a tree after dinner at her house. That could explain why her hair was up... She got up early and started cooking and decorating, talked to her mom about recipes and found that she didn’t have one or two ingredients she really needed. Maybe she hadn’t planned on going out at all, cue the always does her hair comment. And just wanted to try out a few of her mother’s recipes, not knowing how they would turn out, hence the no big dinner comment. With her long commute, and not always staying at her house, she may have wanted to have a traditional thanksgiving with her little family. Just thoughts.

We’re lacking a ton of details here.

The picture we have is a vague one, and certainly leaves open many doors.

The evidence is strong enough to cast suspicion, but it is by no means strong enough to answer the important questions.

It’s not enough to say “he did it.”

Not yet anyways.

But I’m still looking in one direction.

EXCELLENT Summary!

I too still believe PF knows something.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
If I disappeared right now, as I sit here and stare at my messy kitchen, LE would be like: Well, she made coffee 10 times, and fed her cat, and had Samosas...but left one out...a week ago...so that means she disappeared...sometime before the cat died.

But then we would be asking-- why didn't your cat eat the samosa left out? ;):D

Most crimes are of convenience ... robbery, theft.

For PF ... we are short a crime, crime scene, a body, a murder weapon ... a bit short on motive ... we have an abundance of conflicts ... we do not even have a timeline.

We have a strikingly beautiful mother

And we have an evil cowboy

Cowboys are always the bad guy

And both the search of the townhouse and his house looks they turned up little

Am hoping the truck talks!
Women are far more likely to be murdered by an intimate partner than a stranger abduction or killed in the commission of a robbery.

Here is where it was previously quoted and posted: CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

From scdiv's post there:
The admin and CB comments from Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth facebook page - On December 6 post at 10:25 a.m. - were:

"I spoke with her a couple of times that morning. Going out for dinner was in the plan. We know she had picked up a few things at Safeway.

and

"She was going out to dinner with her fiance and daughter. She didn't say where."

In CB's media interview, I believe she simply said, "Going out to dinner was a possibility."
This change from "dinner was in the plan" to "a possibility" is perhaps significant. Maybe Mom just doesn't remember exactly what KB said. But, to me "dinner is a possibility" is odd. I would think she would know the plan. To me it more sounds like maybe she didn't have dinner plans, would be home alone, and just didn't want her mom to feel bad for her.

On the family approved fb site missing mother-kelsey berreth, someone asked what Kelsey's plan were that Thanksgiving. CB responded "I spoke with her a couple of times that morning. Going out for dinner was in the plan. We know she had picked up a few things at Safeway". The person asked "did she with who or where?"
And CB responded, "She was going with her fiance and daughter, she didn't say where".
I believe this FB page has been okay'd to post because it's been verified by the family so this is the link to the page. It's about half way down the page. I'm a dunce and can't figure out how to screen shot a particular post from there. ;) Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth

Thanks Mom24!! I've only read a little on the Mom approved facebook page and missed that. With so much bad reporting, I've really tried to stick to direct quotes from family and LE.

For example ...The phone is in her purse ... she takes a walk... somebody steals her purse for gas money ... she resists ... she is pushed into a culvert ... the vagabond drives on ... in Idaho, he sees the purse in the backseat ... checks for any more money and throws it away ... a kid picks up the purse on the side of the road.

Tries to turn on the phone

All it does is send out two texts that she placed in the phone Thursday afternoon

Kid throws phone away not knowing it pinged a tower and sent a couple texts

Technically, that is a possibility with a lot of low percentage occurrences lining up. And there are 100's of thousands of similar possible realities. Add up the chances that any of these theories occurred would come out to about a 0.0001% probability, in my opinion. Really not trying to bash your idea or any ideas, but just looking at what we know, what the authorities are doing, and what past history has taught us. There may be some variation or surprise related to the path the authorities are following, but I think they are close.

Cool that it's all online. But TOS here requires that if you're going to reference it, and it's not apparent to everyone what you're referring to, that you provide a link.

Also -- while "going out for Thanksgiving dinner" could well mean to a restaurant (and doesn't necessarily mean a nearby restaurant either -- for a special holiday meal plenty of people drive a distance to a special place), it doesn't necessarily mean a restaurant at all. If KB's habit was to have Thanksgiving dinner at her own place, going to someone else's home (and possibly bringing a dish to share) could also be referred to as "going out for thanksgiving dinner".

Cinnamon rolls aren't a typical Thanksgiving dish, though they certainly could be included as a dessert, or a pre-meal snack, etc. Or for the next morning if she was spending the night. Or just for her and K to have as a treat the next few morning,

PF posted on FB that he’s looking to sell his herd of cattle
That appears to have been a fake post made from a blog account that was created a couple days ago.

One of our astute members also conducted a reverse image search, that showed that the picture in that particular post was taken from another website.

Why would an unknown assailant text her work and the fiance?
Why would a known assailant? Or for that matter, why would she text that herself? Possible scenarios about those texts don’t change.

But the bottom line - either there was an assailant or there wasn’t. I think there was. And that person is either known or unknown - the only name we’ve tossed around that would be known if PF and I think we’re barking up the wrong tree. I’m going with unknown.

Yeah but he never once posted on FB that his gf was missing or to help search for her. This guy, if he didn’t do anything, he sure is acting like he did. ***** Edit to say:This was a post to someone saying he posted on FB that he is selling his cattle

If PF ostensibly was told by KB that she was heading to family for a visit to ailing grandma (is that what he supposedly said? Now I'm all confused), wouldn't he have some idea of how she was planning to travel? Drive herself, be driven by a friend, be flown by a friend, take a bus or train, etc. Has he offered any hint of what he supposedly was told? Whether he's making it up or not, wouldn't the means of travel be part of the story?

All the SDAs that I know celebrate Christmas.

The SDAs in my town go caroling and sing christmas songs to the neighbors (of which I am one). I think there is a wide and flexible range of beliefs and practices they encompass/welcome/accept.

I've said it before and I still stick by this ... I think a lot of the vagueness and confusion regarding CB's statements is due to her wanting to be helpful and keep her daughter in the news while at the same time trying as hard as she can to not "upset" someone that is currently in possession of something very precious. Too much finger pointing and blame coming from the media can back that person into a corner and who knows what they could do. I am sure she has been very clear and concise with LE about everything she knows but plays it off more innocently for the media. LE is the only one that actually needs to know any of these details about cinnamon rolls, child care arrangements, dinner date plans, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3