CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with most of your points and share your opinion about what is most likely. Just for me, there's still enough gaps in the info, that I feel like it's a 70/30 most likely not a 99/1 as some others feel.

But honestly that is okay. Our strength is in our differences often. :)

Yeah. I'm not sure where I'd put the odds. I'm pretty bad at math. But maybe closer to 90% for me?

You never know.

If I disappeared right now, as I sit here and stare at my messy kitchen, LE would be like: Well, she made coffee 10 times, and fed her cat, and had Samosas...but left one out...a week ago...so that means she disappeared...sometime before the cat died.

Oh, wow... you make Samosas too ??
Sorry... didn't want to derail....
I've got the best recipe from my mom -- mine aren't as good as hers.

The main part about KB's vanishing is that we don't know anything about the timeline of PF -- the last person to see her.

THAT is why I'm leaning towards her being taken and not leaving on her own.
Something went badly wrong; imo --- and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to think of the possibilities.

Some say LE didn't move quickly enough... and while I'm not letting LE off the hook entirely --- they may have been told a bogus or confusing story.

KB is a competent and independent adult, and if she wanted to escape a situation-- she'd know how to effectively leave.
Eta : I don't believe she left , at least not willingly.

Since LE say it's suspicious-- they must have unreleased information about KB and her relationships with others.

Last edited:
What if he knows who did ... and it is not him, but somebody so close to him .... that he would lose custody of his daughter.

Would you play it different?

I hadn't considered this, but it's a fair question. Especially if he witnessed it and didn't turn them in.

"Cheryl Berreth said she spoke to her daughter on Thanksgiving morning, just a couple of hours before she seen grocery shopping with her baby, and that she had given no indication she was heading up to Idaho.

“She needed a recipe, she had something she wanted to make that afternoon,” Cheryl told Inside Edition.

“There was the possibility of going out for (Thanksgiving) dinner.”"

Strange twists and turns of missing pilot mum case

Mrs. Berreth doesn't define who Kelsey might be going out to dinner with. It could have been PF. Or it might have been a coworker, friend, someone from her church or even by herself. If someone has a link that says dinner was with PF please link it up. I like to stay fact-based.

The reality is, she might have told her mom she was staying in Colorado (because it is far away from ID and mom would not check), and tell her ex that she was going to ID/WA, because it was far away from Colorado, and he would not check, either. In reality, she might either stay home, or head in a totally different direction, neither ID, nor CO.

Thanks Mom24!! I've only read a little on the Mom approved facebook page and missed that. With so much bad reporting, I've really tried to stick to direct quotes from family and LE.

I rarely look at the FB pages for any of the WS cases I follow. There’s usually too much misinformation and drama for me.
jmo

That still makes him complicit. If he came clean, he would have a better chance at his keeping custody than hiding and aiding/abetting.

That is a roll of the dice

A lenient sentence vs a daughter

Tough call

Does it seem to anyone else that when law enforcement "pleads" with PF to sit down with their investigator for an interview, that indicates they have a weak case against him?

If you have a strong case, you don't need an interview---you just arrest the person.
I am not sure that they are claiming to have any case against him.
Maybe if he had sat down with them to be interviewed they may not have felt the need to search his mother's property.

Cause she was an instructor

I do it when I fly

I type texts and emails while I am flying

Later I release them to transit

Per Google "Airplane mode is a setting on cell phones, smartphones and other mobile devices that prevents the device from sending or receiving calls and text messages. ... On an iPhone, airplane mode disables connectivity for cellular voice and data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and location-based services."

I did not realize the airplane mode cut off everything. So perhaps it was off or indeed in airplane mode except for that one time that it pinged?

The reality is, she might have told her mom she was staying in Colorado (because it is far away from ID and mom would not check), and tell her ex that she was going to ID/WA, because it was far away from Colorado, and he would not check, either. In reality, she might either stay home, or head in a totally different direction, neither ID, nor CO.

Kansas!

Trying to catch up here and searching local news but I still see nothing from PF's parents. I hope LE talked to THEM, too. Like what were the plans for Thanksgiving? And if both her vehicles are at her (KB) house, that means we're to believe PF came to pick up child or maybe he was going to pick up both of them and something changed. LE's being so close mouthed about all this and I want to hear what they've looked at so far.......whoever did it has had days and days to cover tracks. Heck, they could've moved evidence ten times by now. So frustrating.

I am still a resident of Switzerland. I am quite sure the police know more than we do and will go as far to say they have the film of her leaving the grocery. But I also think this a very delicate case for many reasons, therefore, are staying close to their vest on clues.
As always....MOO!

Why do you suspect it was someone other than PF, just curious? I was thinking maybe he was watching the baby while she was baking Christmas treats or something and then maybe they intended to meet up?

This makes me think back to the possibility of someone following her home from the store and waiting until an opportunity arose to move in on her. Mollie’s killer watched her, circled around in his car a few times, then approached

Per Google "Airplane mode is a setting on cell phones, smartphones and other mobile devices that prevents the device from sending or receiving calls and text messages. ... On an iPhone, airplane mode disables connectivity for cellular voice and data, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and location-based services."

I did not realize the airplane mode cut off everything. So perhaps it was off or indeed in airplane mode except for that one time that it pinged?

I tested it last night

Put it in airplane mode

Wrote two texts

Turned it off

Turned it on this morning ... and the texts shot off ... I did not even enter my code

Hello!

I have never posted on this site before, but have been an avid reader for about a year now. I apologize if I make any mistakes in this first post. I have only been casually following Kelsey’s case so I also apologize if I’m repeating something that’s already been brought up.

It grabbed my attention that she mentioned she was heading to Soap Lake, WA. I live in Moses Lake, WA which is located in the same county. My step sibling’s mother and family live in Soap Lake, WA. IMO her phone pinging in Idaho would not be very unusual if she truly was heading towards eastern Washington from Colorado. Maybe PF wasn’t lying about that. Maybe it was Kelsey who wasn’t being completely honest as to who she was going to visit. That would explain her not actually being at her grandmother’s. Just throwing something out there. MOO

Welcome - from a fellow Eastern Washington sleuther

The chance of it, in my mind, is 15% . Simply because we still don't know a thing about Kelsey. But even if it was the case, the assailant was unknown to us, but very well known to Kelsey.

Quite true

We don't know her exact work schedule. It is easy to cross reference the Doss-owned planes that are located in Pueblo. Using a flight tracker, it looks like a large portion of the Doss owned planes that fly out Pueblo flew on 11/21, but then did not fly again until (at least) 11/26.
Bowing to your extraordinary sleuthing.

It makes sense that the USAF Academy, like other universities, takes a significant T-giving break.

It occurred to me that KB may have also been required to work late into the evenings sometimes. Wouldn't flight instruction include night flying, night landing, blackout conditions? Just adds to the mystery of KB's schedule. *shrugs*

The cinnamon rolls are significant because they were left out uncovered. This strongly suggests that KB was not planning to be away for long. She would have covered and stored the rolls prior to going out for dinner, IMHO. If she were planning to go on a long-ish trip, say, to Idaho, she would have packed the rolls for a snack. Again, IMHO.
And another is that he is not communicating with or allowing the other grandmother to see the baby.
Do we have proof he is not ALLOWING grandmother to see the baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08