CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
another theory- if I recall the franch is in MaF's
name only

I agree with you especially since I just re-checked and the Franch is titled in MaF's name
only.
So Sis and Bro are fighting because they believe their dad originally put his money into buying it. Doesn't count for anything if the title
is in MaF's name only.
Or just maybe, SF wanted to sell the residence/property (or residence only as you said it was in her name) but with PF still living there and apparently not appearing to want to leave, her hands were tied. I'm thinking this only because of CB saying during her testimony that it was feared SF would call animal control if he moved elsewhere. In the pictures/videos I've seen of SF, it looks like taking care of a large house, let alone the surrounding property, was/is challenging. My $$ is on PF being the thorn in that family's side when it comes to the settling of the Dad's wishes. And PF doesn't appear to have the finances to buy out his brother and sister. And he's probably causing his Mom a lot of unnecessary additional finances (adding further annoyance to the siblings) when she may be ready & need to downsize to her own smaller place. JMO

Agree, that he doesn’t have a clue about modern society or electronics. A year ago when I watched the YouTube videos that he’d made on dog training, during the beginning of one of his videos he struggled to figure out how to use the cell phone camera. He said on the video that he didn’t even have a phone to use to film, that he had to borrow one to make the video.

JMO

It must be blowing his mind that all these people know about all this technology

I have a feeling SF went off on PF about KB being at the ranch the night before/early morning of Thanksgiving.

Was SF pushing PF to be done with KB because she was worried if PF and KB were together that KB would be able to buy out the other 2 siblings? The ranch would no longer be the Franzee ranch with KB's name on it and SF would be out the door and no longer living on the ranch?

It is weird that EF would want dirt on her brother though. How could that affect the distribution of an inheritance?
I think that would affect a custody battle but how does it affect distribution of a deceased relatives assets?

Haaaa -- when disputing money, people have all sorts of reasons to go to the mat against each other.

Erin likely wanted support to motion PF's share held in trust until such time she believed he was responsible in her terms, or force his title clouded so creditors couldn't interfere. I see this often when multiple siblings inherit a house that soon gets liened by the fault of one of the heirs.

MOO

I have read that the brother who is a police officer, Sean, reported that Patrick arrived a bit late for the Thanksgiving Dinner with daughter. I'd like to see Sean step forward and testify.
It sounds like he did, and a reporter tweeted (Poms posted several tweets upthread) that after Sean was done testifying, that he gave his brother Patrick a strong look and then rolled his eyes, when he walked by him. It sounds like he is disgusted with his little brother. Good on him for being truthful and not trying to cover his brother's butt. Even though they weren't close in recent years, sometimes siblings will still stick up for one another, right or wrong. I am sure this had to be difficult for Sean- probably the only likable Frazee in that family.

Haaaa -- when disputing money, people have all sorts of reasons to go to the mat against each other.

Erin likely wanted support to motion PF's share held in trust until such time she believed he was responsible in her terms, or force his title clouded so creditors couldn't interfere. I see this often when multiple siblings inherit a house that soon gets liened by the fault of one of the heirs.

MOO
That makes sense. If she could show the creditors he was fiscally irresponsible maybe that would affect their final decision about the terms.

See pic above where visitors usually parked at the Franch. For someone (PF) to park on the
side of the home, they were hiding something.
Maybe a body in the back of the truck. mOO.

PF was not a visitor to the place. He was a resident. It is a western courtesy not to block the guests in with your vehicle. SF2 might not know that. He was twenty years of age when SF1 bought the place, so it seems unlikely that he ever lived in the country. JMO

November 5, 2019 at 12:46 pm | UPDATED: November 5, 2019 at 2:34 pm
Kelsey Berreth murder case: Patrick Frazee’s brother — who is a Colorado police officer — takes stand in murder trial – Canon City Daily Record
[...]

The expert who compiled the images, Chad Meninger, said the method he used to find and timestamp the images meant things could be slightly out of order, but would be accurate within a few hours. Steigerwald also pointed out that none of the photos show Frazee carrying a large black box, which prosecutors alleged Frazee used to carry Berreth’s body out of the condo.

But footage from an ATM that Frazee visited just after noon on Thanksgiving Day showed a large black box in the back of his red truck, an investigator from the 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office testified.

The investigator, Stephanie Courtney, also said that a surveillance camera at a local furniture store showed the box in the trunk. The various images also showed that the box moved or was repositioned in the trunk between 1:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.

[...]

I still don't understand why the timing on the photos is not nailed down solid. I thought that the pics were sent through an email that could be recovered. Are they saying they can't confirm what time the app sent the photos, and there were no timestamps on them?

I do hope that someone gives Sam a heads up as to explaining this more tonight, or the other reporters, as the print version I'm just not getting what it means when they are out of order and may be off a few hours.....

It sounds like he did, and a reporter tweeted (Poms posted several tweets upthread) that after Sean was done testifying, that he gave his brother Patrick a strong look and then rolled his eyes, when he walked by him. It sounds like he is disgusted with his little brother. Good on him for being truthful and not trying to cover his brother's butt. Even though they weren't close in recent years, sometimes siblings will still stick up for one another, right or wrong. I am sure this had to be difficult for Sean- probably the only likable Frazee in that family.

And Sean has to live with the Frazee name there forever. How humiliating!

PF was not a visitor to the place. He was a resident. It is a western courtesy not to block the guests in with your vehicle. SF might not know that. He was twenty when SF bought the place, so it seems unlikely that he ever lived in the country. JMO
From looking at the picture of the driveway posted upthread a bit, it looks like there is plenty of room to park, without blocking anyone else in.

I don't think you need to live in the country to know not to block guests in with your vehicle, if possible.

According to testimony, the dad's estate valued at $400,000.

Reportedly, the franchette is 35 acres -- this is no Ponderosa.

My guess is dad's estate excludes SF's residence and probably includes half or less of the raw land acreage.

PF had RS as his "father figure" so I think the dissolution between PF's parents took place decades ago.

I really think this is nothing more than adult siblings issue that's been brewing for decades. Especially against one member that failed to launch, like ever.

MOO

Friends saw Patrick Frazee as doting father and hard-working rancher; possible motive for Kelsey Berreth killing revealed

BBM. Yes, I agree. Thank you for stating it so well. I was beginning to get confused on why some were speculating about SF getting kicked off the ranch or having to sell it to split with her kids. We learned during the search of the ranch that SF is the owner: Teller County Property Records Database
Reportedly SF was divorced from PF's dad a long time ago. I believe the Frazee dad's estate and any property he owned is totally separate from SF's property. MOO.

PF was not a visitor to the place. He was a resident. It is a western courtesy not to block the guests in with your vehicle. SF2 might not know that. He was twenty years of age when SF1 bought the place, so it seems unlikely that he ever lived in the country. JMO
One forgets that Patrick was consumed by western courtesy, being a couple hours late for Thanksgiving dinner at your home notwithstanding.

Last edited:
@BUF said:
Jurors are permitted to ask questions. Have we heard this before?

Not in all jurisdictions. Good to know.

I know that Arizona allows jurors to submit questions. I didnt know Colorado did too.

I LOVE that option. We learned a lot about the jurors in the Arias trial with the questions they asked. The judge weeds through them though.

I recall Texas restricts the practice for criminal trials.

Not sure how current this reference is but don't see Colorado here:

A small number of states have changed their laws and court rules to allow jurors to ask witnesses questions, either orally or in writing through the judge. Written questions submitted in advanced allow attorneys for both sides to make objections based either on the ground they would violate the rules governing the admission of evidence or would result in prejudice against their clients.

The states that expressly encourage judges to allow jurors to question witnesses are Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Nevada and North Carolina.

Out of these jurisdictions, Arizona, Florida, and Kentucky require that judges allow jurors to ask written questions. The respective highest state courts of Indiana and Kentucky have ruled jurors have a right to ask questions of witnesses.

Other jurisdictions give a more restricted endorsement of this practice. In Pennsylvania and Michigan, the respective state supreme courts have said it is permissible at the discretion of the trial judge.

Texas does not permit jurors to question witnesses in criminal trials and Georgia law requires all questions to be written and submitted to the judge. Only Mississippi law expressly forbids jurors from questioning witnesses.

https://courts.uslegal.com/jury-system/issues-pertaining-to-the-jurys-performance-of-its-duties/questioning-of-witnesses-by-jurors/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hmoh4